• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

Anyone know what happened to Bucci's contributions to ESPN? Is he still working there. I never watch SportsCenter so I'm not sure if he anchors anymore, but I used to enjoy reading his weekly columns and the segments he would do on ESPN during the playoffs. All I could find was a quote from Wikipedia, God knows how useful(less) that is..."Since November 30, 2010, however, no new columns have appeared on the website and no explanation has been given by either Buccigross or the network as to why the columns have stopped."

Anyone know what's up?

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#2 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

Maybe he realized that he didn't want to be part of the reality show circus that guys like Pierre and Milbury create out there. One calls the other a soccer Mom and all of sudden they just start screaming muff cabbage.

#3 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:52 PM

He still works for ESPN, he does SportsCenter and throws in a few hockey references while covering NBA highlights.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#4 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

Muff...cabbage...?

#5 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

Muff...cabbage...?

I think I saw a slide of that during a Personal Health class in high school.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#6 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

Muff...cabbage...?

Don't google it. Really. Don't.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#7 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

i was eating lunch yesterday in a sandwich shop and they had a tv on with sportscenter and buccigross was one of the anchors. so he is definitely still active at espn. i havent read his stuff lately since i rarely go to espn's site, but definitely love what he used to put out.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#8 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:49 PM

almost anytime i watch SC he is anchoring, not sure what to tell you about the columns however.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#9 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

Used to read his stuff but I can't say I miss it now. Most of what he was writing about near the end seemed to be more about music, his kids, baby names, etc. Personally, I prefer to have more than just a little hockey in my hockey writing but I guess I'm weird that way.

#10 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

oh no, where am i going to get hockey articles with 'tragically hip' references now!?!?

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#11 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

I see Bucci all the time on ESPN. he does his best to reference hockey.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#12 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:26 AM

Used to read his stuff but I can't say I miss it now. Most of what he was writing about near the end seemed to be more about music, his kids, baby names, etc.

Yeah, I used to love his column, but I went right off him about 18 months ago, mainly because he spent most of his time with Crosby's manhood in one hand and Malkin's in the other Posted Image When it wasn't them, it was Ovechkin, making him no different from all the other mainstream hockey writers :zzz:

Oh, and when Detroit fans used to write in, he used to call them "whiners", but when Philly fans wrote in he called them "passionate". He did publish one of my letters though, said we should go after Jovanowski at the 2008 trade deadline :scared: Thankfully we got Stuart :clap:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#13 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:19 AM

I refuse to watch MTVSPN, so I can't help you. I used to read his columns, but only when referenced here; my hockey Mecca.
Hockeytown - No Limits