• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/9 GDT: Predators 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Anybody else still think a trade is not necessary? I see a lot of individual efforts out there and not a lot of team effort right now. Not a lot of hunger.

Holland has made moves in the past few years when the team was doing better, I don't see him sitting pat right now. The trouble is, I don't really see anyone as trade-bait.

I was surprised to see that the Wings have posted a .500 record over the past period (I forget how long exactly), the worst posting of the post-lockout era.

Well, at least one Detroit team won tonight, as the Pistons beat the Cavaliers 103-94.

that had more to do with the cavs than the pistons. although i'm pretty sure the cavs could snap their losing streak if they played (hockey) against the wings.

OK, TV guys. When you interview Babcock, would you please ask him "Coach, we've talked a lot about the need for the Wings to make quicker starts. What does it say about this team that they know full well what they need to do, but can't do it?" But no, they'll ask him a few powderpuff questions and let him go.

I watch the Red Wings opponents these days - speed & forechecking, and think, that was Draper, Maltby, LaPointe, Kocur, and Mac years ago. We haven't got anybody like that anymore. Then again, maybe we do, but they have to spend their ice time trying to score goals, because the top lines are regularly out to lunch for entire games.

Anybody else still think a trade is not necessary?

No, you're not the only one. I think this team has everything it needs to go all the way except for consistency and showing up ready to play. I don't think a change in personnel will do a damn thing except for screw up the chemistry we have seen this team play with. Sometimes I swear I have never seen anything more beautiful than the Wings' play - their passing in particular. The elements are there, they just need to get their heads out of their asses.

Anybody else still think a trade is not necessary? I see a lot of individual efforts out there and not a lot of team effort right now. Not a lot of hunger.

Holland has made moves in the past few years when the team was doing better, I don't see him sitting pat right now. The trouble is, I don't really see anyone as trade-bait.

I was surprised to see that the Wings have posted a .500 record over the past period (I forget how long exactly), the worst posting of the post-lockout era.

Are we counting goalies?

at this point i wouldn't care if holland traded any of our guys (except datsyuk)

Vladdy16 said it. The team needs to get their heads out of their asses. I think the problem the Wings suffer from the most is thinking too much. Just play hockey. Play simple hockey, and things may improve. Instead, they think too much during different parts of the game and it slows them down, creating turnovers, too much time in their own end, and bad defensive coverage. When they just play the game, it seems like the team gels better, the lines have better chemistry, and Jimmy has a better game, like at the beginning of the season.

I did like what Mickey was saying during the end of the third period, that all teams go through a period where they really struggle. Unlike Mickey, I think it's lasted longer than just recently (more since mid-December), but like Mickey, it's all the mental components compounding to hinder this team: another injury-riddled season, a harder schedule for the last two months, and the guys never fully getting settled into a pattern of playing with one another.

Edited by Miss Wing Queen

No, you're not the only one. I think this team has everything it needs to go all the way except for consistency and showing up ready to play. I don't think a change in personnel will do a damn thing except for screw up the chemistry we have seen this team play with. Sometimes I swear I have never seen anything more beautiful than the Wings' play - their passing in particular. The elements are there, they just need to get their heads out of their asses.

You pretty much made a case for a trade, though. The elements are there, but something is missing, something is not making them connect. A trade might not guarantee success but I'm not sure standing pat is going to fix things, either. It could, I hate to say I've lost faith in the Wings, they love their comebacks, but we haven't seen them play this bad statistically in...I don't know, over a decade I bet. This is more than a slump, they've been playing like this for at least two months now.

Whatever the case with the defense, whether it's a player or it's coaching, I think it's beyond doubt that a change needs to be made in goal. Howard is not a capable starter right now. Maybe next season, maybe even by playoffs, but right now we need a new goalie capable of starting.

no trade will help the team. only cause its not any one person resposible for the screw ups. its the whole team. if you wanna trade anyone mc crimmon

your not going to have much offense if your playing defense 95% of the game

Edited by brett