• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

A brand new Flyer

Rate this topic

Right now they are the favorites to win the Stanley Cup.

Goaltending is still a question, but last year they almost won the Cup with numerous goalies being rotated out of the lineup.

This will be a hungrier and better team than last year. If we make the Finals, I hope they're not the team we face in the East. And we don't have the same team we had in 97, in case anyone wants to make that stupid point.

Edited by GMRwings1983

If Burke doesn't flip those picks into a good/decent roster player than I think the leafs lost yet another trade. Being picked in the first round doesn't guarantee a good player.

The 3rd is a crapshoot anyway but a late 1st isn't a guaranteed good player either. Doesn't help that this years draft is projected to be the worst in like 30s years or something like that.

Edited by Original-Six

Goaltending is still a question, but last year they almost won the Cup with numerous goalies being rotated out of the lineup.

This will be a hungrier and better team than last year. If we make the Finals, I hope they're not the team we face in the East. And we don't have the same team we had in 97, in case anyone wants to make that stupid point.

Neither do they.

If Burke doesn't flip those picks into a good/decent roster player than I think the leafs lost yet another trade. Being picked in the first round doesn't guarantee a good player.

Yea but if the Leafs like it or not, they have to start from scratch. This rebuilding on the fly is setting them back even more years from contending.

Doesn't help that this years draft is projected to be the worst in like 30s years or something like that.

lol, just the Leafs luck eh?

Edit: I guess that explains why teams are trading 1st round picks.

Edited by Barrie

It's okay, they'll be upset in the first round.

The big favorites are always upset in the first round.

The 3rd is a crapshoot anyway but a late 1st isn't a guaranteed good player either. Doesn't help that this years draft is projected to be the worst in like 30s years or something like that.

That's what they said two years ago, but now it sounds like enough talent has since come out of the woodwork that this will be just an average draft - neither great, nor terrible.

Wow, Burke actually getting a 1st, not losing one is a win in any book.

Tor wins the trade, unless Philly wins the cup, on a Versteeg goal...in OT.

Then it's even.

I would say Philly wins the trade until Toronto gets something good in return with those picks.

Neither do they.

This Flyers team is a lot more rounded than the one in 97. Deeper offensively and defensively.

It's okay, they'll be upset in the first round.

The big favorites are always upset in the first round.

Maybe, but it would have to be some really hot goalie. Miller or Price.

Even then I don't see it happening.

Honestly, I see the Flyers choking with the pressure. Plus, i do not feel confident in Bob or Bobby Boucher in net. They have AMAZING defensive depth...but I think they have more bak end depth chart defense skill than top 4 DMan skill. Their top 2 forward lines and top pairing defense is probably the best in all of the NHL with us close behind.

And no offence to the Flyers, but their record is extremely bloated from beating on the terrible East. The better teams feast on the bottom 3-4 teams in the East. Unlike the West, where EVERY team except for one is in the playoff hunt. I think they are a great team, but I have faith that the Wings or Canucks could beat them. And as we all saw last year, all the teams in the East are equal when the playoffs start due to them having to only play against the better teams.

Anyone else think Dan Carcillo may be dealt before the deadline? He's been a healthy scratch on and off for most of the year. I think the Flyers were hoping for a little more offense from him. He's got 3 goals and 4 points as well as 88 penalty minutes in 33 games this season.

I was expecting more I guess, but when they have guys who do exactly what he does but better, it's not hard to see why. Flyers are slowly weening off pure goons, they are getting guys that can fight, but also play realllly good hockey. They are a fun group to watch, that's for sure.

I was expecting more I guess, but when they have guys who do exactly what he does but better, it's not hard to see why. Flyers are slowly weening off pure goons, they are getting guys that can fight, but also play realllly good hockey. They are a fun group to watch, that's for sure.

Yeah they seem to like one pure "goon" (Shelley this year. In years past it was Cote) and guys that can play gritty and skate a regular shift. Not to continue to bring up random trade proposals, but I wouldn't mind us picking Carcillo up and taking a chance on him, maybe he can find some chemistry in the bottom 6. Not a lot of room right now, though.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Yeah they seem to like one pure "goon" (Shelley this year. In years past it was Cote) and guys that can play gritty and skate a regular shift. Not to continue to bring up random trade proposals, but I wouldn't mind us picking Carcillo up and taking a chance on him, maybe he can find some chemistry in the bottom 6. Not a lot of room right now, though.

If he produced more offense...then i wouldn't mind. But he plays on the line and crosses it on occasion and that might be a detriment to a team that i struggling on the PK as it is. I know he can tone down the dumb penalties (he proved it in the playoffs), but unless he can find his 20+ pint scoring touch again, I wouldn't take a chance on him...and as you said...there just isn't room unless we gave them Miller and a pick.

If he produced more offense...then i wouldn't mind. But he plays on the line and crosses it on occasion and that might be a detriment to a team that i struggling on the PK as it is. I know he can tone down the dumb penalties (he proved it in the playoffs), but unless he can find his 20+ pint scoring touch again, I wouldn't take a chance on him...and as you said...there just isn't room unless we gave them Miller and a pick.

Yeah. Philadelphia's roster is absolutely jammed. I definitely think he's on his way out. Maybe Burke will bring him to Toronto. They got nothing else to lose. He'll be a free agent in the summer.

Yeah. Philadelphia's roster is absolutely jammed. I definitely think he's on his way out. Maybe Burke will bring him to Toronto. They got nothing else to lose. He'll be a free agent in the summer.

He's young, so maybe they could mold him into a steve ott?