• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

Vigneault said in his postgame... Man are Nuck Dmen dropping like flies and I'm crying inside :hehe:

Wings are about take over in the West... Versus said so also!

#2 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

its our time now, perfect timing too with playoffs coming up and all, wings really timed out their injuries well haha.

#3 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

Wings getting healthy, Vancouver breaking down = 1st seed in the West for the Wings.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

7 points late in the season is hard to make up. But it certainly can be done, that 1st seed in the West could be really important in the long run. I dunno about people on here, but it was really weird starting a playoff series on the road last year, regardless of winning. I'd rather the home ice, especially with this team healthy.

#NOMOREKINDL

#6 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

7 points and there are still 30+ games left. They go on a 3 game losing streak and we go on a three game winning streak and we've now taken over the lead. You can't honestly tell me with an AHL defense they couldn't lose 3 games in a row and us not win 3 games in a row now that out line-up is almost entirely healthy?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#7 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:24 AM

7 points and there are still 30+ games left. They go on a 3 game losing streak and we go on a three game winning streak and we've now taken over the lead. You can't honestly tell me with an AHL defense they couldn't lose 3 games in a row and us not win 3 games in a row now that out line-up is almost entirely healthy?

I said it could be done. If the Boston games are any indication, when the Wings want to they are the best team in the West. And with Vancouver losing tonight, and another body, it's a huge oppertunity. You make a good point, with there defence situation losing a slew of games wouldnt be shocking. Go Wings Go, dont get me wrong, I want that number one seed! :D

#NOMOREKINDL

#8 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

vancouver will have their dmen healthy for the playoffs barring any more injuries, that is all they need
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#9 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:58 AM

vancouver will have their dmen healthy for the playoffs barring any more injuries, that is all they need

We will see. I don't see Edler coming back and Hamhuis and his concussion might sideline him for the season. Plus no one is ever fully healthy when comng back from a broken hand or foot unless your name is Pavel Datsyuk, and he still can't take faceoffs. I seem to be way more pessimistic than you i suppose. but I don't see them being "healthy" comes playoffs.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#10 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

Jesus, that's awful. I honestly feel bad for Canuck fans with how many injuries they've got on the blue line.

Well, I do until we have to play them, or it's time for the playoffs. Then I'll giggle.

Edited by Theophany, 15 February 2011 - 02:22 AM.

#11 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

Is that new math?? 3 games x 2 points each win = 7???

Plus, Vancouver has an uncanny ability to lose and still get a point just for showing up as can be seen in their OTL column. They always seem to give it the ol Phoenix try.

Actually, I think we really need to worry more about beating ourselves than losing to other teams. Babs needs to keep the threat of skating suicides fresh in our heads.

Edited by BigWillieStyle, 15 February 2011 - 02:34 AM.

#12 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

I have one thing to say...

Posted Image

#13 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:52 AM

Canuck fans will not miss Alberts being out one bit, they actually might be happy with this
IPB Image

#14 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

Is that new math?? 3 games x 2 points each win = 7???

Plus, Vancouver has an uncanny ability to lose and still get a point just for showing up as can be seen in their OTL column. They always seem to give it the ol Phoenix try.

Actually, I think we really need to worry more about beating ourselves than losing to other teams. Babs needs to keep the threat of skating suicides fresh in our heads.

I should have clarified, that those two streaks will put us with the best win% in the West. And as for New Math....

NSFW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obIGsb-IZMo

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#15 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

7 points late in the season is hard to make up. But it certainly can be done, that 1st seed in the West could be really important in the long run. I dunno about people on here, but it was really weird starting a playoff series on the road last year, regardless of winning. I'd rather the home ice, especially with this team healthy.

It's hard but doable. If the Wings play consistently it'll probably happen in two or three weeks.

Edited by VM1138, 15 February 2011 - 12:15 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#16 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

Wings getting healthy, Vancouver breaking down = 1st seed in the West for the Wings.

Even if we don't pass them, we will still be in good shape. I don't see Vancouver getting to the conference finals. They have no scoring depth and Lou has always had a hard time in the playoffs.

40% of their points come from 3 guys. Compare that to the Wings who have only 30% from the top three guys...

If they finish #1 and us #2, the only time that we wouldn't have home ice would be if we played each other in the conference finals and I don't see that happening.

As far as the SCF who knows what will happen in the East. My bet is Philly will win the east but you never know...
Do or do not. There is no try

#17 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

Whoever Wins the West wins the President's Cup. The way Detroit and Vancouver are playing, there is no way someone from the East takes it. Wings are 7 points down, have 1 game in hand and don't have everyone healthy. That can very easily be overtaken and built upon. Our D steps up and the offense produces like it did against Boston, no way we don't take home ice all the way through.

LGW
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#18 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

maybe they can trade for Lebda.

#19 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

In the WCF, if we focus all our energy on shutting down Sedins/Kesler, we should be able to win 2-1, 1-0 every game. Our third and fourth lines are unrivaled in the West and if our top two lines shuts their top two lines down completely-ish, we should be golden...but that is a very tall order and very back breaking.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#20 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

In the WCF, if we focus all our energy on shutting down Sedins/Kesler, we should be able to win 2-1, 1-0 every game. Our third and fourth lines are unrivaled in the West and if our top two lines shuts their top two lines down completely-ish, we should be golden...but that is a very tall order and very back breaking.

Certainly easier said than done. In the three games they've played so far this season Daniel has 3G 1A, Henrik 1G 4A, and Kesler 0G 6A.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock