• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miksteri

How many games for this?

Rate this topic

GONE!!!!!! BUH BYE!!!!!!!! Should be a good suspension.... and a decent size fine,,,,

Here... If they say it was deliberate... here is the rule

40.2 Automatic Suspension – Category I - Any player who deliberately strikes an official and causes injury or who deliberately applies physical force in any manner against an official with intent to injure, or who in any manner attempts to injure an official shall be automatically suspended for not less than twenty (20) games.

the word Deliberately is the key word here

Other issues on Physical Abuse of Official

NHL Rule book

Category III looks like it might apply here

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Should be a suspension. A good one too, I don't care if that s***'s "accidental". You don't punch a linesman/ref.

Well, maybe O'Halloran. But that's it.

Agree...these guys need to know when to stop throwing punches. This includes when a player is down,when a player is being held by a linesman, when a player is obviously hurt and when a player is not looking.

No excuse...once the linesman get in there...it is over.

ott is clearly underneath one of the linesman

Yah...clearly...

Took me 4 times of watching the video to see Ott without anyone pointing him out to me... but clearly he was there.

Ref should get an instigator for wearing a visor...*****...

Dreger Report:

San Jose Sharks defenceman Jason Demers will not face additional discipline for a misplaced punch over the weekend.

In Saturday's game against the Dallas Stars, Dallas forward Steve Ott tried to stir things up with Demers late in the second period.

Linesman Brian Mach and referee Wes McCauley stepped in to stop the fight....instead, Mach got caught in the crossfire and took a Demers punch to the visor.

Edited by HankthaTank

The slo-mo video is a bad angle AND bad timing. What you can't see is that just before he starts to wind up Steve Ott ducks. Steve Ott is literally between the linesman and Demers.

So Demers was trying to punch Ott, Ott ducked, and he nailed the linesmen.

Because Ott is a total D*ckhe*d, it is forgivable.

Even if it IS an accident, his timing alone should get him a suspension for sheer stupidity. There is no possible way he could have thought that punch would have landed anywhere near Ott given the timing of throwing it.

Actually, if you look closely, you'll see the linesman's arm push the punch upwards, causing the errant punch.

I'm glad the refs realized they stepped in too early and didn't issue a suspension. They have been stepping in on a lot of fights this year (like Abby v Iggy) and it puts the refs in danger.

And he was trying to punch Ott, so that alone negates the possibility of suspension :)