• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/30 GDT: St. Louis Rams 10 at Detroit Lions 3

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

If the Penguins had given up so quickly and easily as many of you are here after getting whacked 5-0 in game five of the Stanley Cup finals, then the Wings would really have had an easy time winning that series.

And for everyone using the "flip the switch" argument. What switch is going to be flipped if the team has practiced s***ty habits all year long? Practice makes perfect, and they have not perfected the practice this year at all. I can understand if the wings were dominating the first 60 games of the season with solid defense, offense goal-tending for 60 minutes each night, but that has not been the case. This team has coasted this entire season with poor habits and somehow, magically one day they are going to play better?

Its up to Babs to flip the switch, its his team. Lots of skating, hard practices, discipline the lazy players and the players who have bad games. Its all about work ethic, this team has not had work ethic since early this season. Im not using this one game as reasoning to do this either, the team has been extremely lazy this year. This is just the final straw, tonight's game was freaking pathetic. This team needs to show some effort and emotion and maybe they can get in to a groove by the time the playoffs start. Something should have been done about the effortless play several weeks ago before it got this bad.

Was at the game, had my car broken into as well. Good night for me.

Anyway, it was so great seeing Franzen starting mouthing off to everyone only to back down every time he was challenged. Grow a pair, already. If you're going to challenge someone you should at least stand up and fight. Especially when your team is down 9-3 in the 3rd. What an absolute joke of a team right now.

Was at the game, had my car broken into as well. Good night for me.

Anyway, it was so great seeing Franzen starting mouthing off to everyone only to back down every time he was challenged. Grow a pair, already. If you're going to challenge someone you should at least stand up and fight. Especially when your team is down 9-3 in the 3rd. What an absolute joke of a team right now.

Sorry to hear about that.

I found it pretty lame that nobody really showed any anger. Being down 9-3, 10-3. Come on, wake up. Franzen is better off just being invisible than running his mouth only to disappear when challenged.

Guest Heaten

Whelp, I learned Red Wings don't have very good goaltending depth. Did Zetterberg have a HUGE keg bash at his mansion the night before...? because everyone played like they were still 3 sheets to the wind or hungover.

I'm hoping this big blow out is something they build on. They need to, at the very lease, start showing some pride.

P.s. I'd rather Franzen not fight... don't need him getting hurt.

Edited by Heaten

Sorry to hear about that.

I found it pretty lame that nobody really showed any anger. Being down 9-3, 10-3. Come on, wake up. Franzen is better off just being invisible than running his mouth only to disappear when challenged.

this. I'm sitting in BW2's tonight and I'm the onliest one that clapped when the Rams got to 9. Everyone at the Joe was quiet. Every other Wings fan in BW2's was quiet. WTF!!?? Why wasn't anyone mad?

Whelp, I learned Red Wings don't have very good goaltending depth. Did Zetterberg have a HUGE keg bash at his mansion the night before...? because everyone played like they were still 3 sheets to the wind or hungover.

I'm hoping this big blow out is something they build on. They need to, at the very lease, start showing some pride.

P.s. I'd rather Franzen not fight... don't need him getting hurt.

Hopefully he shows up in the playoffs, he just isn't used to playing a full 82 game schedule.

this. I'm sitting in BW2's tonight and I'm the onliest one that clapped when the Rams got to 9. Everyone at the Joe was quiet. Every other Wings fan in BW2's was quiet. WTF!!?? Why wasn't anyone mad?

Honestly, we, as Detroit Red Wings fans, have been spoiled rotten the past 20 years to the point where there's 20,000 people at the Joe and you can hear a pin drop in the regular season, and sometimes during the playoffs. We just don't get excited.

If I could, I'd give you +10 for using the word onliest.

I don't know if you listen to country blues or read Flannery O'Connor or something, but it's a word that needs to make a comeback.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I missed the game, and by the score it looks like it was a good thing I did.. I saw the score and had to do a double look, I could not believe my eyes.. Were the Wings just the flat? Did Joey Mac play that bad? Maybe we do want Jimmy Howard back sooner rather than later? If someone could let me know that would be awesome

Ps I would hate to be at tomorrow's practice

If I could, I'd give you +10 for using the word onliest.

I don't know if you listen to country blues or read Flannery O'Connor or something, but it's a word that needs to make a comeback.

My Dad was born in Tennessee. I've always liked country music (i'm kinda not a spring chicken. lol). I've been told that I have some redneck tendencies. I say grace, I say M'am ......