• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Has Anyone Else Noticed....

Rate this topic

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Ericsson's TERRIBLE play? Every game I see him make multiple turnovers. Whenever he gets the puck he seems to be uncertain on what to do and he always ends up making a terrible give away.

I noticed that about a month ago in his "WATCH" thread. But now this is an inconsistent and wrong assessment. He has played considerably better and is actually using his size. His outlet passes have created plenty of scoring chances including this gem...

Stirring the pot is cool. But maybe watch some of the games and then find another whipping boy.

I haven't noticed an over abundance of turnovers. WHat I have noticed is like the above poster said; he is using his size pretty well. I notice he'll take down two different puck handlers in one shift.

He is passing well.

And remember; there are turnovers and then there are turnovers. There is a lot of chipy little gnip gnop going on, players just slapping the puck around, in hockey in general, especially during playoff games. I haven't noticed him making the big glaring turnovers.

Guest Crymson

Ericsson's TERRIBLE play? Every game I see him make multiple turnovers. Whenever he gets the puck he seems to be uncertain on what to do and he always ends up making a terrible give away.

Take it from a guy who rode Ericsson most of last season: he's doing pretty well. He's not perfect, but he's doing well enough to fill his role.

:blink: Are you just trying to get a rise out of us? He did relatively well in this series and made only minor mistakes. The most important thing about his play is that when he did, he recovered quickly afterward. I couldn't agree less with your take.

I hung big E up to dry this regular season, couldn't stop complaining about his horrible play but he came to prove us wrong this post season, he's been banging people up, throwing players to the corners and outside, and actually has some confidence with his passes. I know the motto of hockey is dont think just react but man, he's been thinking about his passes before just throwing the puck down the ice. The one thing I could possibly judge him right now post-season wise is his habit to shoot the puck no matter what when he gets it in the zone, he is very trigger happy and most of the time misses the net. I'm not talking good missing the net like lidstrom or rafi, i'm talking "I was legitimately trying to hit the net and just misaimmed."

I've noticed many turnovers and dumps that barely get past the blue-line, but I'm not s***ting bricks when he's out there like I was during the regular season. The only time i am nervous is when he is out there with Salei and they are pinned in our zone. Those two couldn't stop Carrot Top and the Bernstein guy in our own zone. But, i feel more comfortablewith Big E out there than Salei.

I couldn't disagree more with the OP. For a bottom pairing, still relatively young player, with a $900k cap hit he has been more than adequate. Has he been one of the teams best Dmen? No but he is not expected to be, hence the bottom pairing and low salary.

Seriously, not every player is going to be a Lids or a Pasha. The rate of return on his investment has been very good so far in the playoffs.

He's doing just fine for his role. He's right up there with any other team's bottom pairing defensemen. He's not really progressing as a top flight D man that we'd hope, but he's doing a decent enough job with the role he's in.