• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Play Datsyuk and Filppula together!

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

These two have been nothing short of incredible each and every time they've been on the ice together this post-season...and it's not like Helm and Abdelkader are bad matchups against third and fourth line centers. Babcock's reluctance to play these two together continues to baffle me...

If I'm Babs, I'm rolling this in game 7:

#1) Datsyuk...Filppula...Holmstrom/Cleary

#2) Zetterberg...Franzen?(/Modano)...Cleary/Bertuzzi

#3) Helm...Eaves...Hudler/Abdelkader

12th) Miller/Modano/Draper

...Like I said, #1) I'd put Flip on Pav's wing on the first line, and that'd bump Mule (or Modano, if he's hurt) to Hank's wing on the second line. #2) I'd rotate Homer, Cleary and Bert as the net-front presences on the top two lines, as Homer isn't getting a lot of even-strength ice time in. #3) I'd rotate Hudler, Eaves and Abby as the wings on the third line, depending on the situation. #4) Then you've got a lot of options with the 12th forward - Do you want Miller for the PK? Do you want Modano for the PP? Do you want Draper for FOs? I'd probably go with Miller.

Edited by blueadams

Agreed with the whole Flip and Datsyuk thing. Disagree with allowing Franzen playing. I'd also sit Abdelkader and play with 11 forwards or throw Draper out there and replace Hudler with Mursak. SPEED IS KILLING THE SHARKS!!!!

Guest blueadams

Agreed with the whole Flip and Datsyuk thing. Disagree with allowing Franzen playing. I'd also sit Abdelkader and play with 11 forwards or throw Draper out there and replace Hudler with Mursak. SPEED IS KILLING THE SHARKS!!!!

1-Modano didn't look good tonight. If Mule's healthy, he'll be out there.

2-Zero chance Mursak's (or Kindl's, with 11 forwards) first game is a game seven on the road.

3-Draper might replace Abdelkader, as those late game penalties are getting ridiculous, but I doubt it happens.

Flip and Dats HAVE to stay together!!

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Cleary

Hudler - Abdelkader - Miller

Modano - Helm - Eaves

IF Franzen is ready to go:

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Franzen

Hudler - Abdelkader - Cleary

Miller - Helm - Eaves

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Guest blueadams

nvm

Flip and Dats HAVE to stay together!!

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Cleary

Hudler - Abdelkader - Miller

Modano - Helm - Eaves

IF Franzen is ready to go:

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Franzen

Hudler - Abdelkader - Cleary

Miller - Helm - Eaves

1-Holmstrom hasn't been getting much even strength ice time. Might as well plug Cleary in there for him on the first line, regardless of who's out there for the national anthem (as he and Modano were tonight).

2-Helm certainly isn't behind Abdelkader on the depth chart.

Edited by blueadams

1-Modano didn't look good tonight. If Mule's healthy, he'll be out there.

2-Zero chance Mursak's (or Kindl's, with 11 forwards) first game is a game seven on the road.

3-Draper might replace Abdelkader, as those late game penalties are getting ridiculous, but I doubt it happens.

1 .) Modano not looking good is still better than what Franzen has been bringing.

2 and 3.) I know we'd never play with 11 forwards or that Mursak will play, just voicing my frustrations with how stupid AppleFritters has been this series and how slow and out of place Hudler looks. Speed gaining the neutral zone has won us these last three games. Modano and Draper are much more valuable than a hobbled Franzen and slow ass Hudler, hence my Mursak point.

Flip and Dats are great together!

If Franzen's healthy, I'm not sure I'd be so quick to bring him back. Mo didn't look all that great tonight but Mule has been a pretty big Defensive liability at times. We know he can produce offensive magic out of nowhere though..it's a tough choice.

He looked pretty badly hurt in game 5, so I'd be surprised if he is healthy enough to play anyway.

Guest blueadams

1 .) Modano not looking good is still better than what Franzen has been bringing.

2 and 3.) I know we'd never play with 11 forwards or that Mursak will play, just voicing my frustrations with how stupid AppleFritters has been this series and how slow and out of place Hudler looks. Speed gaining the neutral zone has won us these last three games. Modano and Draper are much more valuable than a hobbled Franzen and slow ass Hudler, hence my Mursak point.

i guess it's just my opinion versus yours, but i thought that hudler was skating very well tonight.

Guest mjtm77

the wings still dominated without Filp playing with dats he acually looked pretty good with Hudler. if I was coach I would role Filp with Dats but I just don't see babcock doing that.

I totally agree that Datsyuk and Filppula should play together as much as possible. If Franzen is able to play, he will, if nothing else than for the fact that no matter how quiet he may be, he is capable of a 3 to 5 goal outburst at any time. I agree that Abdelkader should sit, while his size and physical play are an asset against a bigger team, he has put us shorthanded in the 3rd period each of the last 3 games. My lineup would look something like this:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Cleary

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Helm-Miller

Hudler-Modano-Holmstrom

Guest blueadams

I totally agree that Datsyuk and Filppula should play together as much as possible. If Franzen is able to play, he will, if nothing else than for the fact that no matter how quiet he may be, he is capable of a 3 to 5 goal outburst at any time. I agree that Abdelkader should sit, while his size and physical play are an asset against a bigger team, he has put us shorthanded in the 3rd period each of the last 3 games. My lineup would look something like this:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Cleary

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Helm-Miller

Hudler-Modano-Holmstrom

Does no one else think that Hudler-Helm-Eaves would be a good line?

Holy s*** the negativity is totally unacceptable. Ya replace Cleary ya dunce... He's creating chances and played great D. Hudler was outstanding too great shot block. Abdelkader I will give you he is the king of the untimely penalty. He did have a couple of good rushes and aint to shabby of an agitator

While they do seem to look great together, spreading them out makes us more balanced and we always have the option of sticking them together for a shift here and there when we need a push.

That said, since it's a game 7 and we have a handful of forwards not playing up to par (including Flip until tonight) I'd be inclined to basically roll three lines with just spot shifts for the 4th liners.

Assuming Mule isn't good enough to go:

Flip-Pav-Homer

Bert-Hank-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Huds-Mo-Miller

Miller can step up into Homer's spot when we need better defense, and play the PK.

Huds and Mo for PP duty and rotated in for a shift here and there in the top 6.

Abby and his dumbf*** penalties and lack of production should sit. The physical play is nice, and Babs loves him so Huds or Mo will probably sit.

Hudler was outstanding too great shot block.

That was a great shot block, but that doesn't mean he was outstanding. Cleary seems to do nothing but turn it over in the offensive zone after twirling around on the boards a few times and Abdelkader's penalties are making me crazy.

i guess it's just my opinion versus yours, but i thought that hudler was skating very well tonight.

No. Hudler - for all his ups and downs this year - was solid tonight. He was winning puck battles and making plays all game long, Regardless of whether or not he plays on Thursday night (and I think that he will), Huddles was clearly playing with a chip on his shoulder tonight.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Here's the master plan:

Cleary-Datsyuk-Filppula

Helm-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Hudler

Eaves-Helm-Miller

Holmstrom and Modano ride the pine until power plays. Then:

Holmstrom-Zetterberg-Datsyuk

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Hudler-Flip-Bertuzzi

Rafalski-Modano

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-Salei

Ericsson Rafalski

Howard

Can we replace Abdelkader, Hudler and Cleary?

Cleary seems to do nothing but turn it over in the offensive zone after twirling around on the boards a few times and Abdelkader's penalties are making me crazy.

Cleary epitomizes a gritty hockey player. And you can't have enough of those in the playoffs. I don't remember any turnovers, but I remember him battling along the boards and grinding like crazy down low.

Sounds like you're still frustrated over the breakaway. Try and remember his goal in Game 5.

But, I agree on the last part though...Abdelkader's penalties are causing me to break my own fingers.

Guest blueadams

if what we've got going on here is a contest to see who can most accurately predict babs' game seven lines, then i'll just go ahead and win it right now:

Franzen?/Modano-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Filppula-Abdelkader

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Draper

but i would really, really like to see pav and flip together on the first line (and that stirs things up).

If Babs had any intentions of benching Abby he would've done it for the rest of the game and he didn't do that, he had him out there about a minute after he got out of the box. Same lineup, same result please.