• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Sharks 3

Rate this topic

Really proud of the boys. We had so much to overcome in this series it was ridiculous. We are without one of our top playoff performers and trying to do what only three teams have ever done. On top of that we lose two top six forwards in game 7 and still make it close as hell to the end.

In game 6 without Clowe, SJ had to move guys around and got absolutely dominated. If he doesn't play game 7 and then they also lose two of their top six forwards in the middle of the game, no way they win this. All the odds were against us and we still almost pulled it off against a much healthier team.

Agreed but I think Weber will return to Nashville to be honest.

My thought is if that Nick and Drapes retire and the Wings throw 8 mil at Weber, I'd be shocked if the Preds matched it.

Very proud of the team for the valiant effort. Unfortunately, the puck didn't bounce our way tonight. I honestly think this is the year for the Sharks as well. This was the real WCF.

Totally sucks for a team to lose this series. All I can say is WOW how spoiled you Wings fans are to watch such talent on a nightly basis! Datsyuk is the best player I have ever seen.

I know but no one on the current roster can fill that void should Nick retire.

Kronner, and a lot of people outside of this team's fanbase think that. What this team needs is an appropriate top pair partner for him.

If you look at the whole series, you've got to be pleased with how our team showed fight and heart after going down 0-3.

But if you look at this game, there are some serious questions. Yes, we lost Bertuzzi and Cleary but still:

1. Why did Babcock put Draper in and not keep Modano in the line up? Or Hudler instead of Modano?

2. What the hell was wrong with our pp - 0 for 4 ??!!

3. We out shot SJ 40-30 but still ended up on the wrong end of the score sheet.

4. Last shift of play, why wasn't Dats on the ice?

If you look at the whole series, you've got to be pleased with how our team showed fight and heart after going down 0-3.

But if you look at this game, there are some serious questions. Yes, we lost Bertuzzi and Cleary but still:

1. Why did Babcock put Draper in and not keep Modano in the line up? Or Hudler instead of Modano?

I honestly have no issues with Draper playing. I do not understand why Hudler was put back in the lineup for Game 6, then kept there for Game 7 after not doing anything in Game 6. He was the worst player out there tonight, constantly making the wrong play on offense.

The PP was awful -- some credit to San Jose for that, but for whatever reason, the PP was the one situation all game that Detroit wasn't just firing away. They were trying to get a perfect shot instead of just mucking it up in front of Rebounds McGee in net.

As for 4, I have no idea. Dats and Z had been out there for a minute, but ... it's the last 20 seconds of the godda*n season.

Kronner, and a lot of people outside of this team's fanbase think that. What this team needs is an appropriate top pair partner for him.

I think that could be Weber and I moreso believe that depending on how the retirements go, Kenny needs to make a splash in free agency. God willing, Nick will come back and this will be a non-issue but I would personally love to have Weber to fill the void if need be.

Hudler was good. He generated chances, and worked hard. Zetterberg, despite his mistake, was the best forward on the ice. Dats was #2.

GOD DAMN you are ******* stupid, Hudler blew balls and knocked Cleary out of the game while he was it. If we can't dump his ass in the offseason sit him in the AHL the whole god damn season. fffffffffffffff I'm proud of what our boys did, but maaaaaaaaaaan I wanted to win tonight so so bad. works gonna suck ass tomorrow :thumbdown:

Datsyuk> Zetterberg

Howard was pretty sick the majority of the playoffs

Kronwall's a gem

Filipula's good enough to stay

Helm needs to stay here for life

Franzen.....well he's here to stay with that contract extension let's hope he bounces back next season or else...

Big Bert's a sick beauty but didn't really step it up

Rafalski's still good enough

Stuart was typical Brad Stuart....solid enough

Patty Eaves was great in the regular season, barely noticable in the playoffs.. I won't lost any sleep over him leaving

Drew Miller was all heart and I loved his ethic and hustle....i'd keep him over Abdelkader any day

BIG PEACE to Abdelkader, Hudler, Salei (though I really had no problems with the guy he played pretty solid I felt most of the season)

and I don't really give 2 s***s about keeping Jonathan Ericson on this team.....if he signs for under 1 mil than whatever he's worth that at least

most of all......DONT LEAVE US CAPTAIN LIDS YOU ARE STILL THE ******* BEST!!!!!

and really.....Justin freakin' Abdelkader on the ice with 30 seconds left in our season....holy f***

Too little too late... Not the end of the world but frustrating as all get out.

At least I can catch up on sleep now that the Wings are out.

GOD DAMN you are ******* stupid, Hudler blew balls and knocked Cleary out of the game while he was it. If we can't dump his ass in the offseason sit him in the AHL the whole god damn season. fffffffffffffff I'm proud of what our boys did, but maaaaaaaaaaan I wanted to win tonight so so bad. works gonna suck ass tomorrow :thumbdown:

Let Hudler play a contract year - let's see what he is really capable of.

well see you all in october :( too bad i got here at the end of out play-off run i just hope Vancouver can f*** the sharks up I DO NOT want to see them go any further Hoebag Thornton doesn't deserve to hoist Lord Stanley's cup.

Datsyuk> Zetterberg

Howard was pretty sick the majority of the playoffs

Kronwall's a gem

Filipula's good enough to stay

Helm needs to stay here for life

Franzen.....well he's here to stay with that contract extension let's hope he bounces back next season or else...

Big Bert's a sick beauty but didn't really step it up

Rafalski's still good enough

Stuart was typical Brad Stuart....solid enough

Patty Eaves was great in the regular season, barely noticable in the playoffs.. I won't lost any sleep over him leaving

Drew Miller was all heart and I loved his ethic and hustle....i'd keep him over Abdelkader any day

BIG PEACE to Abdelkader, Hudler, Salei (though I really had no problems with the guy he played pretty solid I felt most of the season)

and I don't really give 2 s***s about keeping Jonathan Ericson on this team.....if he signs for under 1 mil than whatever he's worth that at least

most of all......DONT LEAVE US CAPTAIN LIDS YOU ARE STILL THE ******* BEST!!!!!

and really.....Justin freakin' Abdelkader on the ice with 30 seconds left in our season....holy f***

Are you kidding me? Eaves was very good in the playoffs and was one of our most consistent players against SJ. He worked his backside off every shift.

Honestly, you should flip your assessments of Eaves and Miller THEN you'd make sense.

look at some of the players coming up in the Wings system and smile

CLASSIC SERIES

PROUD TO BE A WINGS FAN

GO WINGS!

Mursak, Tatar, Jarnkrok, Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Smith.

Exciting times ahead!! :thumbup:

Other things I took from this series :

Jimmy Howard can play big league goal

I've had my doubts about Howard being able to pull it off in a big game, but he did it in 7 of them. Nothing but respect for him as a goalie - he's absolutely earned it. What ever changes are coming to the Wings over the off season, Howard is a solid bridge to the future.

if this was nick's final season, i'll say this, take care my man! you are the greatest defenseman the game has ever seen since bobby orr. the greatest defenseman in the modern expansion era of hockey, period.

I'm glad you qualified that the way you did because that makes it inarguable. Expansion era no doubt. Going back to Orr - yeah, I'm going to agree with that, too.

Morning from Germany... even I'm very sad that the Wings didn't make it I'm much more proud of the team and how they fought back against the Sharks. My Red Wings flag will wave for another year in our garden, my 5 year old son (second name is Nicklas :-) will proudly wear his #5 jersey and I will explain to more people that this is the flag of the most successful NHL team over the last years. New try next year, hopefully with our captain who should end his carreer with a final ring

Go Wings

Edited by Red Wings fan from Germany

Just got back and settled from game 7. I was anticipating an amazing game and I was not disappointed. Every single game could have gone either way in this series. The Wings could easily have won all 7. The Sharks could have won all 7 too, though they were completely outplayed by the wings in game 6 (Nemo almost stole it). I mentioned it in the Dats thread, but every time Dats had the puck I had fear hit my right in the gut. He is the best player in the world in my mind and it's not even close. You guys are very lucky to have him on your team and to get to watch him play on a regular basis. He is simply amazing. It's as if he's a college senior playing ice hockey against a bunch of 5th graders...that's seriously what it looks like to me when he's on the ice. Be proud of your team and your organization Wings fans. 20 consecutive playoff appearances, incredible talent and heart, and of course all the Cups. They are the model NHL franchise. I know many of you wouldn't consider the Sharks as a rival, but for us Sharks fans, the Wings are rival 1A (with the ducks being 1B). We've met you in the playoffs 5 times, more than any other team (I'm just going on memory here). It's no secret our team and franchise have taken a lot from your playbook and you guys have been where we hope to go. I know many have a hatred for my team and I understand that and am ok with it. I know the Wings will be back next year, because they always are. Best of luck next season (except against my Sharks of course). I always enjoy visiting these boards as they are always active and have a ton of topics to discuss. Again, all the best.

1.) Draper has heart, is fast and wins faceoffs. Again, Modano had serious doubts about his fire to play. Also, he was invisible in the last game.

2) The PP was terrible and has struggled all series long, this is what cost the team more than anything.

3) That's pretty predictable. The whole series had that vibe of not turning out the way it should have according to stats.

4) Datsyuk and Zetterberg were out there up until 28 seconds left in the game after a grueling shift. Without Cleary and Bertuzzi, who else could Babcock put out there?

I think that could be Weber and I moreso believe that depending on how the retirements go, Kenny needs to make a splash in free agency. God willing, Nick will come back and this will be a non-issue but I would personally love to have Weber to fill the void if need be.

Despite the heart this team showed, the team IS lacking something and so Holland can't stand pat again. We need a big name defenseman who can actually score on a powerplay, preferably a big body who can skate should we ever face the Sharks again. And we are in desperate need of a second-line impact scorer. As good as the forwards are, we need a reliable scorer considering Franzen, Datsyuk and Zetterberg will all be injured for lengthy periods of time next season. Consider it insurance.