• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Shoreline

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (2) San Jose Sharks

Rate this topic

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree with Shoreline and Doc basically. Canucks took too many penalties in the first and had to fight back the whole game. Most of them were deserved. Plus if you can't score on those 5 on 3's you're probably not gonna make it. PK and PP let the Canucks down last night.

Puckbags, you can't be serious about Rome.

Guest Heaten

After watching Canucks this year's playoffs, I don't think there is a player which I despise more than Ryan Kesler. His cheap shots, cheating, and embellishing antics are getting disgustingly stale. Refs need to start watching this bum closely and call him on his gutless antics.

I ashamed that he's an NHL player representing my beloved state. Why can't a guy like Helm, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or Lidstrom be from Michigan? Instead, we have to watch this gutless puke from Michigan cheat and be a weasel player. Such a disgrace to Michigan!.

After watching Canucks this year's playoffs, I don't think there is a player which I despise more than Ryan Kesler. His cheap shots, cheating, and embellishing antics are getting disgustingly stale. Refs need to start watching this bum closely and call him on his gutless antics.

I ashamed that he's an NHL player representing my beloved state. Why can't a guy like Helm, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or Lidstrom be from Michigan? Instead, we have to watch this gutless puke from Michigan cheat and be a weasel player. Such a disgrace to Michigan!.

Wings fans would love him on their team. Ask Todd Bertuzzi.

Guest Heaten

Comparing Kesler to Bertuzzi is like comparing Matt Cooke to Henrik Sedin. no.comparison. Kesler is a weasel. Bertuzzi is soft, but feared because of his past. Thankfully Bert isn't an embellisher or a weasel on the ice.

Sadly, you are correct, a lot of Red Wings fans' would like Kesler on this team. Kesler is overrated, he was a no-show in the Chicago series, was a beast against a Nashville team that doesn't spend to the cap; and don't have any real top-end forward talent or defensive depth... and Voila, Kesler only has 1 secondary assist in three games against the Sharks.

Franzen does better than that on one ankle for a less money.

Edited by Heaten

Guest Shoreline

Comparing Kesler to Bertuzzi is like comparing Matt Cooke to Henrik Sedin. no.comparison. Kesler is a weasel. Bertuzzi is soft, but feared because of his past. Thankfully Bert isn't an embellisher or a weasel on the ice.

Sadly, you are correct, a lot of Red Wings fans' would like Kesler on this team. Kesler is overrated, he was a no-show in the Chicago series, was a beast against a Nashville team that doesn't spend to the cap; and don't have any real top-end forward talent or defensive depth... and Voila, Kesler only has 1 secondary assist in three games against the Sharks.

Franzen does better than that on one ankle for a less money.

I won't diss Mule, because I like him when he isn't hurt, but Kesler's 41 goals and drastically improved last few seasons (AND playoffs) are nothing to sneer at.. which is why he is looked at I would say more than Henrik Sedin as far as leadership goes from the fans and media alike. I also don't think Matt Cooke will ever be nominated for any NHL personal awards while Kesler now has been nominated for a Selke 3 times in a row, recognized as one of the best two way forwards in the league.

I would just admit I hate the guy and not try to make it sound reasonable. You kinda ruined it with that explanation. ;)

Guest Heaten

I won't diss Mule, because I like him when he isn't hurt, but Kesler's 41 goals and drastically improved last few seasons (AND playoffs) are nothing to sneer at.. which is why he is looked at I would say more than Henrik Sedin as far as leadership goes from the fans and media alike. I also don't think Matt Cooke will ever be nominated for any NHL personal awards while Kesler now has been nominated for a Selke 3 times in a row, recognized as one of the best two way forwards in the league.

I would just admit I hate the guy and not try to make it sound reasonable. You kinda ruined it with that explanation. ;)

What does Matt Cooke have to do with Ryan Kesler? His name was only brought up to point out that two players are NOT comparable, yet you are comparing anyhow. Not sure why, or if you misread the post you quoted.

41 goals in the regular season would be impressive if Stanley Cups are awarded to the president's trophy team. Last time I checked, that's not how the game is played. Mule can sit all regular season and suit up for the playoffs for all I care. As long he scores big goals in the masses when it matters most.

Another thing about Kesler, a chart was created (on HF) to show Kesler scores [most] of his goals against non-playoff teams, empty netters, power plays... and against less skilled lines. So far that proves right in the playoffs as he didn't do much against Chicago, played good against Nashville's 2nd unit, and has disappeared offensively against the Sharks.

I think the guy is a ****** bag and don't think he's all that 'special'. He's no Toews, no Thornton, no Zetterberg, no Nash, no Doan.... yet he is being completely overrated by the media like he's the American version of Sidney Crosby. The guy is a gutless cheap shot artist that, for karma's sake, should have been the player hit instead of Rome.

I'm not saying he's an unskilled player, I am just saying he's not a player I would ever want Holland to sign because of his gutless antics. Not to mention shut-down forwards that don't score much in the playoffs can be had much cheaper than this bum. Sure he had a big Nashville series (a team that doesn't spend to salary cap and doesn't have much depth), he was/is a non-factor in the Chicago series and Sharks series offensively.

What does Matt Cooke have to do with Ryan Kesler? His name was only brought up to point out that two players are NOT comparable, yet you are comparing anyhow. Not sIure why, or if you misread the post you quoted.

41 goals in the regular season would be impressive if Stanley Cups are awarded to the president's trophy team. Last time I checked, that's not how the game is played. Mule can sit all regular season and suit up for the playoffs for all I care. As long he scores big goals in the masses when it matters most.

Another thing about Kesler, a chart was created (on HF) to show Kesler scores [most] of his goals against non-playoff teams, empty netters, power plays... and against less skilled lines. So far that proves right in the playoffs as he didn't do much against Chicago, played good against Nashville's 2nd unit, and has disappeared offensively against the Sharks.

I think the guy is a ****** bag and don't think he's all that 'special'. He's no Toews, no Thornton, no Zetterberg, no Nash, no Doan.... yet he is being completely overrated by the media like he's the American version of Sidney Crosby. The guy is a gutless cheap shot artist that, for karma's sake, should have been the player hit instead of Rome.

I'm not saying he's an unskilled player, I am just saying he's not a player I would ever want Holland to sign because of his gutless antics. Not to mention shut-down forwards that don't score much in the playoffs can be had much cheaper than this bum. Sure he had a big Nashville series (a team that doesn't spend to salary cap and doesn't have much depth), he was/is a non-factor in the Chicago series and Sharks series offensively.

I think I love you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand Kesler.

Edited by hockey23

Should have mentioned either of Chelios, McCarty, Maltby, hell most of the late 90s roster.

Also I would ignore Heaten's rants. He obviously has something against Kesler and is simply trying to knock down his performance. "Gutless cheapshot artist" pretty much explains it to me.

Guest Shoreline

What does Matt Cooke have to do with Ryan Kesler? His name was only brought up to point out that two players are NOT comparable, yet you are comparing anyhow. Not sure why, or if you misread the post you quoted.

Let's see.. what does Ryan Kesler have to do with Matt Cooke.. well, for one, you compared them. The insinuation goes without saying that you are comparing Kesler to Cooke by means of dirtiness. I think you got lost in your own post and confused yourself, it looks like. I got the message just fine. It was a good comparison, and let's compare more.

If Kesler is such a power play producer and nothing else, how do you explain his +/-? Almost between 1/4 and 1/3 of his 41 goals were scored on the power play. If we compare that to our own Nick Lidstrom, Nick got about half of his goals on the power play, and 70% of his assists from the power play. One can say that Nick was a power play producer this season. One cannot say that Kesler is. Well, not with any validity, which I'm sure you're not concerned about at all. :)

From juniors to pro, Kesler has flourished. I watched the 2003 WJC's he played in where he and Patrick O'Sullivan carried team USA's momentum when they won off Fleury's fluke goal. Indeed his numbers against Chicago and San Jose this postseason could be better, but players really decide to score more or less based on what fans think are worse or better playoff opponents. That logic is ridiculous.

Kesler is absolutely a player I would want to see on the Wings. It has nothing to do with Kesler homerism or USA homerism. It has to do with watching someone "grow up" and watching how he plays his game. You obviously have some personal issue with him, which shouldn't be confused with a reasonable hockey-based assessment of his skill and what he brings to a team. Obviously some others have noted this too.. what a surprise.

Guest Shoreline

Game about to start.

Canucks fans heard singing O Canada during anthem, but Sharks fans drowning them out with booing..

Bad form Sharks fans.

Edit: My bad looks like they had some pre pre-game

skate anthem up on the jumbotron which Canucks fans were singing to and it was booed since they were singing loudly. Seemed a bit out of place for the anthem.

PS hate ******* posting from iPod.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline

They booed again when the Canadian anthem was

announced. :lol: To their credit they shut up when the singing started this time.

Canucks already shorthanded who was surprised?

Guest Shoreline

Yet another Sharks power play isn't this a surprise?

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline

You gotta be kidding, Canucks with a 4th penalty of the 1st period.. with a clean check by Torres on a Sharks player who had his head down watching the puck. This is ridiculous.

You gotta be kidding, Canucks with a 4th penalty of the 1st period.. with a clean check by Torres on a Sharks player who had his head down watching the puck. This is ridiculous.

He took four pretty good strides before throwing the hit.

They should've let it go, but since it's that dirtbag Torres, I don't mind so much.

Holy hell Sharks need to capitalize on one of these chances if they want to win this game. Anyone seen Heatley lately?

Guest Shoreline

I only remember Heatley's name being mentioned was when he was taking a hit from someone on the Canucks. Probably was called a penalty too for all I know.

Guest Heaten

Let's see.. what does Ryan Kesler have to do with Matt Cooke.. well, for one, you compared them. The insinuation...

That's where I stopped reading. I figured if your reading comprehensions are that incompetent, no sense in reading any more of your non-sense drivel. How you come up with that out of this statement below is beyond me....

Comparing Kesler to Bertuzzi is like comparing Matt Cooke to Henrik Sedin. no.comparison.

I was giving you the benefit of doubt that you misread what you quoted, but after two tries, you still can't comprehend. I'm done with you. Can't argue with someone who can't comprehend simple english.

Guest Shoreline

That's where I stopped reading. I figured if your reading comprehensions are that incompetent, no sense in reading any more of your non-sense drivel. How you come up with that out of this statement below is beyond me....

I was giving you the benefit of doubt that you misread what you quoted, but after two tries, you still can't comprehend. I'm done with you. Can't argue with someone who can't comprehend simple english.

:bye2: