• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Shoreline

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (2) San Jose Sharks

Rate this topic

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The post-game comments form the Sharks are unbelievable. Eager calling Bieksa a coward. I guess he didn't see Marleau drop the gloves first. And I guess Eager forgot how he fought Bieksa to a draw and ran from Rick Rypien for two years until Rypien had a bad wrist. All sorts of bile being spewed. Marleau is about the only Shark who showed any class. Talk about sore classless losers.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Canucks are the lesser of the two evils right now. I hate the Sharks more than the Canucks due to playoff experiences against SJ the past two years. So go Canucks until one of the teams from the east beats them.

I see what you mean. I just can't get the images of the Nucks fans after they went up 2-0 on the Wings in 2002 out of my head.

The post-game comments form the Sharks are unbelievable. Eager calling Bieksa a coward. I guess he didn't see Marleau drop the gloves first. And I guess Eager forgot how he fought Bieksa to a draw and ran from Rick Rypien for two years until Rypien had a bad wrist. All sorts of bile being spewed. Marleau is about the only Shark who showed any class. Talk about sore classless losers.

Damn I should have watched the post game. The shards usually get pretty sour after a loss.

Guest Crymson

Wait whaaa???

Why would the Canucks GM appeal that...?

It's a joke. The point of it is that Eager's horribly penalty-prone play causes Vancouver to benefit from his presence in the lineup.

Guest Shoreline

Wait whaaa???

Why would the Canucks GM appeal that...?

He wants any flashing women to report to his suite.

What's interesting is a few things.

1) Look at Eager's board on Sedin. He saw Eager coming, and purposely faced the boards. This mirrors the Pavelski board in Game 1 Wings/Sharks. It's a very pathetic and stupidly dangerous method of trying to get a penalty call one's way. I don't think Eager will or should get suspended for that. On the other hand, that hit followed the Marleau/Bieksa fight, Eager went up to the glass toward the Canucks bench following that and started yelling s*** at them something about going after skill guys, so he might have intended to run Sedin as payback. If this is the case, suspension deserved.

2) Clowe calling out Lapierre.. not much to say but he's an idiot. He needs to start putting up points before opening his mouth to the media instead of reacting to sideshow nonsense.

Sharks were dominated which is why they're busy calling people cowards to the media and allowing their frustration to boil over into something outside of the concept of being the team with the higher number of "Goals" at the end of the game. If this is how easily they lose composure then Canucks in 4. The Sharks already look tired and frustrated, likely because they're being outplayed and the series with the Wings wore them out.

Edited by Shoreline

Never mind any of that Shoreline, the real trigger for all the Sharks frustrations began with getting punked on the Bieksa goal. When Higgins sat on the boards not stepping on the ice for his shift till he could take that pass to feed Bieksa on the breakaway, that little prank/strategy absolutely put a dent in their testicles for the rest of the game :cool:

I know I really badly wanted a Wings/Canucks conference final, cause no matter what happened in the last series Detroit is better than San Jose but, a total ***** slapping of Sj is the next best thing, even if this series does go six games.

Very hypocritical. Don't know if anyone saw this from NHL.com today either...

Marleau-Bieksa scrap causes a stir

VANCOUVER – Patrick Marleau is not known as a fighter. His last tussle came in December of 2007 against Nick Boynton, but on Wednesday night the San Jose forward obliged when prodded by Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa.

Despite taking a few good shots from Bieksa, Marleau held his own and got a few jabs in, but some of the Sharks tough guys were not impressed after the 7-3 loss at Rogers Arena with Bieksa picking Marleau to fight.

"We've seen that before with Kevin," said Ben Eager. "It's sad that someone's gonna sign him for big money when he's a phony. He goes after our top players. He's been asked many times, by lots of players throughout the League (to fight), and he's declined."

I know they never fought, but anyone remember Joe Thornton in game 4 last year?

this sharks team needs to go away....fast.

Of course once they started to lose last night they became the best cheap shot artists in the league. Clowe going after anyone and everyone with swinging fists, Eager doing dumb thing after dumb thing, if McClellen had any brains he would be benched after last night.

And yes Marleau did in fact drop them first, he was trying to fire his team up. That is one guy I actually don't have a whole lot of beef with; the rest of the sharks can suck an egg.

Please Please PLEASE Canucks, wipe these assclowns out.

i love how eager calls out bieksa in the media when it was marleau who challenged bieksa to fight. meanwhile, he's pulling his typical goonery.

maybe it's because we just played them, and maybe it's because i feel like they beat us when they didn't really deserve to (flukey OT goal in a series that goes seven games), but the sharks have certainly become my number-one most hated team (replacing anaheim) in recent times.

He wants any flashing women to report to his suite.

What's interesting is a few things.

1) Look at Eager's board on Sedin. He saw Eager coming, and purposely faced the boards. This mirrors the Pavelski board in Game 1 Wings/Sharks. It's a very pathetic and stupidly dangerous method of trying to get a penalty call one's way. I don't think Eager will or should get suspended for that. On the other hand, that hit followed the Marleau/Bieksa fight, Eager went up to the glass toward the Canucks bench following that and started yelling s*** at them something about going after skill guys, so he might have intended to run Sedin as payback. If this is the case, suspension deserved.

"Might" have intended?? I think it was prettey obvious.

In terms of Sedin seeing him coming and turning his back, I'm not so sure about that, he lost the puck in his feet and turned and looked to find it. I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like to me. Either way, I wouldn't lump this into those plays where the guy turns at the last second.....there is a decent amount of time where Eager could have very easily avoided the hit....not only did he not do that, he actually drove through the hit pretty aggressively.

Personally, I'd suspend, but they probably won't. Bob MacKenzie suggested the hit isn't suspendable due to similar hits in the past not being suspended, but he went on to say that the league may look at it closer due to all the other idiotic things he did during the game.

I'm not sure how this is "significantly" different than the Matt Cooke hit that got 4 games. I know one is "Matt Cooke" and that plays into it, but Eager isn't exactly a non-idiot.

"Might" have intended?? I think it was prettey obvious.

In terms of Sedin seeing him coming and turning his back, I'm not so sure about that, he lost the puck in his feet and turned and looked to find it. I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like to me. Either way, I wouldn't lump this into those plays where the guy turns at the last second.....there is a decent amount of time where Eager could have very easily avoided the hit....not only did he not do that, he actually drove through the hit pretty aggressively.

Personally, I'd suspend, but they probably won't. Bob MacKenzie suggested the hit isn't suspendable due to similar hits in the past not being suspended, but he went on to say that the league may look at it closer due to all the other idiotic things he did during the game.

I'm not sure how this is "significantly" different than the Matt Cooke hit that got 4 games. I know one is "Matt Cooke" and that plays into it, but Eager isn't exactly a non-idiot.

"Eager isn't exactly a non-idiot."

That's a pretty good potential quote/sig.

"Eager isn't exactly a non-idiot."

That's a pretty good potential quote/sig.

:lol: For sure...

Well, this series has become what we kind of all thought it would be. That was the game that probably unhinged Antti's confidence he may or may have not had. We shall see if the Chokes continue their best Buffalo Bills (though they at least made the big game) impression of the past decade. I for one hoped both teams disintegrated into nothing past this series but have definitely gained an awful lot of respect for the Nucks also. It really comes down to a battle of conscience. GO EASTERN CONFERENCE TEAM! thumbup.gif

I just hope the Nucks didn't blow their wad on this game and saved a little something for the rest of the series.

I do believe historically that after a blow-out in the playoffs, the blower loses to the blowee the next game. I'm hoping for an "S" word in this series. :)

And yes Marleau did in fact drop them first, he was trying to fire his team up. That is one guy I actually don't have a whole lot of beef with; the rest of the sharks can suck an egg.

Same here. They said on the Sportsnet post-game that Marleau didn't show up, but for that one brief moment he certainly did. He took on the Canucks best tough guy who was playing (Glass out, Rypien not back yet). And Bieksa can throw 'em. He doesn't fight often and is far too skilled to be considered an enforcer but the guy will throw down with anyone. Props to Marleau for that, as dumb as I think it was.

I just hope the Nucks didn't blow their wad on this game and saved a little something for the rest of the series.

I do believe historically that after a blow-out in the playoffs, the blower loses to the blowee the next game. I'm hoping for an "S" word in this series. :)

I think they'll be fine. I think we could see another game just like this one if the Sharks get down by a goal in the next game. They have no cash and no credit in the brains department.