• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#621 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

Lol at Luongo trash talking Thomas for letting in 1 goal...

Isn't this the same guy who let in 12 goals in 2 games?
Posted Image

#622 TexasWingsFan

TexasWingsFan

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

Luongo is a joke

#623 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

Luongo trash talks Thomas

Didn't seem like trash talking to me. 7uongo readily admits that because of Thomas' style that he is adept at making saves that he himself could not make, but the opposite is the same. If you stay in your net (Luongo), those saves aren't too difficult to make. Seems like a decent analysis.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#624 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

Didn't seem like trash talking to me. 7uongo readily admits that because of Thomas' style that he is adept at making saves that he himself could not make, but the opposite is the same. If you stay in your net (Luongo), those saves aren't too difficult to make. Seems like a decent analysis.

Exactly.

Funny (and ridiculous) that you got negged for saying that. But this reading through this thread has shown me it is not a thread to "discuss the Canucks vs. Bruins" as some people have claimed, but merely a thread to praise the Bruins and hate the Canucks. Any posts made not doing one of those two things gets either attacked or negged.

#625 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

I think his choice of wording and his manner made it seem like a dig. Regardless, still funny coming from a guy who let in more goals in one game than Thomas has all series.

I'm really hoping Boston can pull the upset. Not because I like Boston or dislike Vancouver. I just think Boston fans are less likely to spend the summer on here trying to convince us how great they are like Pittsburgh/Chicago fans did.

Edited by Buppy, 11 June 2011 - 03:24 PM.

#626 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

I think his choice of wording and his manner made it seem like a dig. Regardless, still funny coming from a guy who let in more goals in one game than Thomas has all series.

I'm really hoping Boston can pull the upset. Not because I like Boston or dislike Vancouver. I just think Boston fans are less likely to spend the summer on here trying to convince us how great they are Pittsburgh/Chicago fans did.

Then he immediate said that Thomas can make saves that he (7uongo) can't, all based on playing style.

Exactly.

Funny (and ridiculous) that you got negged for saying that. But this reading through this thread has shown me it is not a thread to "discuss the Canucks vs. Bruins" as some people have claimed, but merely a thread to praise the Bruins and hate the Canucks. Any posts made not doing one of those two things gets either attacked or negged.

I have 4 haters on here that neg all my posts. I know who they are, which makes it even more funny.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#627 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Its not that Luongo is necessarily wrong in his assessment, its the irony of the timing when he just came off a 12 goal against performance in the past 2 games.

He is hardly in any position to critique someone else's performance - especially when that performance was a 1gaa game where Thomas STILL stood on his head and made some incredible saves.

I didn't notice Thomas bragging and boasting after his shutouts this year.
Posted Image

#628 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

Its not that Luongo is necessarily wrong in his assessment, its the irony of the timing when he just came off a 12 goal against performance in the past 2 games.

He is hardly in any position to critique someone else's performance - especially when that performance was a 1gaa game where Thomas STILL stood on his head and made some incredible saves.

I didn't notice Thomas bragging and boasting after his shutouts this year.

He was asked a question and answered it. We (LGW/Americans/hockey fans) rip on Canadians for being so predictable and boring in press conferences or when interviewed, we are now ripping into guys who are honest? How is saying "Due to his playing style, it's harder for him to make those saves since he comes so far out, but goalies like me who stay in the net have an easy time with those. It's also because of that style that he is able to makes saves I can't". I don't see it as critiquing, just answering a question. I guess haters gunna hate, and I don't even like that rat looking turd.

Where did 7uongo boast or brag? Or was that just a general statement?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#629 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

Why hasn't Kaberle started to grow his "Cup Beard"? Is he prepared to shoulder any and all possible blame in the future for this obvious lack of effort?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#630 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

I think he's going for the Crosby-style "dirty Cupstache" look..
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#631 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

The only thing sadder than his non-game face is his non-game.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#632 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

He was asked a question and answered it. We (LGW/Americans/hockey fans) rip on Canadians for being so predictable and boring in press conferences or when interviewed, we are now ripping into guys who are honest? How is saying "Due to his playing style, it's harder for him to make those saves since he comes so far out, but goalies like me who stay in the net have an easy time with those. It's also because of that style that he is able to makes saves I can't". I don't see it as critiquing, just answering a question. I guess haters gunna hate, and I don't even like that rat looking turd.

Where did 7uongo boast or brag? Or was that just a general statement?

Except, those weren't his words at all. You can make anything sound nice and rosy if you take it out of context and change the words around.

To clarify, what he ACTUALLY said was: "It's not hard if you're playing in the paint. It's an easy save for me..."

Not trying to make a big deal out of a small statement, I just found it ironic given the timing of his previous two performances. The way he said it sounded condescending and boastful. Nothing wrong with that, I just found it funny, coming from him.
Posted Image

#633 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

Except, those weren't his words at all. You can make anything sound nice and rosy if you take it out of context and change the words around.

To clarify, what he ACTUALLY said was: "It's not hard if you're playing in the paint. It's an easy save for me..."

Not trying to make a big deal out of a small statement, I just found it ironic given the timing of his previous two performances. The way he said it sounded condescending and boastful. Nothing wrong with that, I just found it funny, coming from him.

And you can make anything sound condescending by taking things out of context.

Watch, I'll show you:

“We talked about it before to try to get to get more shots at net especially with their goalie. We heard that he might leave some rebounds coming out. And playing more straight lines, going more to the net, instead of peeling out in the corners,” said Detroit captain Lidstrom, who acknowledges the Coyotes' goalie is one of the best in the league at shutting down the opponent.

"He's amazing, quick reflexes and a good head on his shoulders."

But then we only quote this part....

We talked about it before to try to get to get more shots at net especially with their goalie.

Wow! What a condescending prick. I thought Lidstrom was a nice guy, but he's clearly calling their goalie bad!

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#634 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Man, this series is so weird. Neither team has any clue how to score when they play in Vancouve but when they go to Boston, the Bruins make the Canucks look like they have no clue how to play. Wonder if it will be the same in game six.

#635 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

And you can make anything sound condescending by taking things out of context.

Watch, I'll show you:

But then we only quote this part....

Wow! What a condescending prick. I thought Lidstrom was a nice guy, but he's clearly calling their goalie bad!

Wow you're really reaching to try to make your example, aren't you? What does Lidstrom have to do with this? Calm down, man, jeez.

I guess myself and all of the NHL analysts simply saw it differently than you. I saw it as condescending, you didn't. No need to get so angry because someone has a differing opinion than your own.
Posted Image

#636 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

Wow you're really reaching to try to make your example, aren't you? What does Lidstrom have to do with this? Calm down, man, jeez.

I guess myself and all of the NHL analysts simply saw it differently than you. I saw it as condescending, you didn't. No need to get so angry because someone has a differing opinion than your own.

I am calm. I'm not angry in the slightest. If you only knew the conversation I'm having with kook and Dawn/Karen right now you'd know that. Plus it's not reaching. You only included the first half of the quote and not the second half of the quote (same exact thing I did) where he states it's the style of play which also leads to him being able to make the harder saves as well.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#637 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

I am calm. I'm not angry in the slightest. If you only knew the conversation I'm having with kook and Dawn/Karen right now you'd know that. Plus it's not reaching. You only included the first half of the quote and not the second half of the quote (same exact thing I did) where he states it's the style of play which also leads to him being able to make the harder saves as well.

But I used the exact words, instead of paraphrasing (and making it sound WAY more complimentary than it was). Bringing Lidstrom into this IS reaching. At least keep it on topic.

Honestly, don't care though dude, and I don't think you do either.

All I ever did was make a statement that I thought it was a funny comment. Wasn't trying to start a riot.

Go Bruins.

Edited by hooon, 11 June 2011 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image

#638 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

But I used the exact words, instead of paraphrasing (and making it sound WAY more complimentary than it was). Bringing Lidstrom into this IS reaching. At least keep it on topic.

Honestly, don't care though dude, and I don't think you do either.

All I ever did was make a statement that I thought it was a funny comment. Wasn't trying to start a riot.

Go Bruins.

Go Bruins.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#639 Manoir

Manoir

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

Luongo may not have meant to take a jab at Thomas, but H.Sedin sure took one at Milbury.

http://slam.canoe.ca...1/18270161.html

"By all means, stay on Thelma and Louise, I mean Henrik and Daniel," said Milbury, referring to the characters in the movie of the same name starring Susan Sarandon and Gina Davis.

Henrik Sedin heard about it from his son.

"That wasn’t too much fun," he said following last night’s 1-0 Canucks victory over the Bruins in Game 5. "My son told me a man was making fun of me and Uncle Danny on TV. I said that can't be true because that's what usually happens in kindergarten. That's what happened. Sometimes grown-ups have low self-esteem and get on guys and say stupid stuff.

"I think he has to be happy with his career," Henrik added. "He did a great job on Long Island. I'm sure he is happy with that."

Zing.

#640 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

"I think he has to be happy with his career," Henrik added. "He did a great job on Long Island. I'm sure he is happy with that."

Zing. [/i]

:lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."