• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Doc Holliday

PHI Transactions: 6-23-2011

Rate this topic

IF the rumours are true, $5.5 mill per year for five years, Bryzgalov's agent is god. I didn't know Holmgren was that stupid, or is he? Bryzgalov is so unproven in the playoffs, no one pays more than $3-4 mill for a good steady goalie anymore. Gone are the days with these > $5 mill/yr goalie.

Good, this means Philly will be gone in round 2 or so next year.

Guest CaliWingsNut

judging from the past 2 playoff performances, i wouldn't be too excited about bryzgalov if i was a flyers fan

i disagree. he did pretty last year i thought. i would definitely pick him over osgood

Joey MacDonald is a non issue. He want's a 1way contract and Holland will only offerr a 2-way. Joey is looking elsewhere at this point. (via MLive)

Don't really know if it is fair to call Bryz out on his playoff performances. He played on a bad team against the Wings so the good news for him is that he won't have to face the Wings in playoff hockey until the Cup Finals next year if Philly makes it.

Don't really know if it is fair to call Bryz out on his playoff performances. He played on a bad team against the Wings so the good news for him is that he won't have to face the Wings in playoff hockey until the Cup Finals next year if Philly makes it.

Good point. And he did take the wings to game 7 last year.

How soon people here forget - it wasn't all that long that Datsyk was dubbed a playoff choke artist as well.

My logic is this - a good player in the regular season is still as good in the playoffs. A s***ty player in the regular is still s***ty in the playoffs, even if he scores 5 game winners.

The playoffs are way too small of a sample size to declare a person "clutch" in the playoffs or a dud. Every dog has its day and if that day happens to be in the playoffs, lucky for him. But luck is ALL it ever is. And vice versa.

Anyone interested in Versteeg? I could see him getting traded to make room for Bryz.

I think Versteeg could do well here, but at the same time, he did not play all that well with Toronto or Philly... I would take him over Hudler, though.

Anyone interested in Versteeg? I could see him getting traded to make room for Bryz.

I was interested in Versteeg and I think Datsyuk can make him a 25G maybe 30G tops guy. The only thing is we would have to give up prospects + picks for him now if they wanted to move him.

I think Versteeg could do well here, but at the same time, he did not play all that well with Toronto or Philly... I would take him over Hudler, though.

That is something that would have to be looked at closer. He didn't live up to Toronto's expectations of being a bigger point producer. Well most the the team didn't but they played better down the stretch when he wasn't there. I see him more of a replacement for Flip than Hudler if the Wings ever did get him.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Guest Crymson

I was interested in Versteeg and I think Datsyuk can make him a 25G maybe 30G tops guy. The only thing is we would have to give up prospects + picks for him now if they wanted to move him.

Datsyuk cannot play on a line with everybody.

More on topic, does anyone else think this is a big slap in the face of Bobrovsky? I mean the guy played pretty damn well for coming out of nowhere and had a spotty playoff in his rookie year. Give the kid a chance and bring in a responsible backup: ala Hedberg or Theodore.

It's not like Bryz played lights out when it counted.

Datsyuk cannot play on a line with everybody.

Challenge accepted!

Z-D-Cleary

Filppula - D - Franzen

Jagr - Helm - Datsyuk

Hudler - Datsyuk - Mursak

Dressed, but not playing: Holmstrom, Abdelkader

Lidstrom - Datsyuk

Kronwall - Datsyuk

Datsyuk - Stuart

Dressed but not playing: Kindl

Howard

Datsyuk

Nick Kyreos

Hearing #Flyers and Bryzgalov have the basis of agreement in place for new long term deal. May not be announced till af’tr July 1

#NHL tagging rules mean #Flyers would have to move money off cap first before announcing July 1. Heard Bryzgalov was looking for 7 yr/ 50M

Elliotte Friedman

@RealKyper think you are right, heard AAV will be around $7 million for Bryzgalov

If true, I cannot imagine how much the Flyers will have to gut their team to compensate.

Nick Kyreos

Elliotte Friedman

If true, I cannot imagine how much the Flyers will have to gut their team to compensate.

If they pay that much for Bryz, when they have a potential future star in Bobrovsky.... they are truly handicapped in the brain. But hey, I'll take Carle and Versteeg off of them in a trade, no problem.

Holmgren just tweeted they are not close.

We are continuing o try and reach an agreement with Ilya, but it is safe to say that we are not close to achieving this
Edited by Ozzie30