• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

i'm now almost sure kenny will make a trade to bolster our d.... sure, it means an overpayment in assets most likely. but at least its not an overpayment in Cap on the FA market as the guy would have an existing contract. If he wants a guy at a reasonable cap hit with youth, it'll most likely involve a trade now that all the UFAs have been picked over. he won't offer sheet anyone following his history. it seems like a trade or we go into next season looking real shaky at the back.

I am shocked these guys are just signing with the teams their rights were traded to.

Strange when they are so close to free agency.

I was just wondering that in another thread. A couple of days ago we were chortling over Koko for a 7th, and wondering who would give up a pick when they could just wait a couple of days. Now it seems like everyone and their mother-in-law is doing it.

From the GMs' perspective, I think it's just the dearth of talent out there. I can't explain it from the players' perspective.

Penguins are out of the Jagr race. As per NHL.com live blog:

11:35 a.m. There will be no Jaromir Jagr in Pittsburgh next season. The pittsburgh Penguins have withdrawn their offer for the Czech forward, a move they announced by e-mail just minutes ago. "We made what we thought was a very fair contract offer to Jaromir on Tuesday, based on his stated interest of returning to the Penguins," GM Ray Shero said in the statement. "We made our best offer from the start, given our salary cap structure, in an attempt to facilitate the deal. But now, after several days, with an extended time frame for making a decision, and additional teams getting involved, we have decided to move in a different direction. It was never our intention to get involved in a free-agent bidding war, and we have to focus on our team. Jaromir is one of the greatest pLayers in Penguins history and we wish him all the best."

http://www.nhl.com/i...od-rr-headlines

Personally I'm quite surprised. Not sure if Jagr will sign with anyone in the NHL if not the Pens, but I guess the question is were his demands unreasonable or were the Pens expecting him to take too much of a hometown discount.

Edited by Cevari