"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#62 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

wait wait wait...ur complaining and now konnan is complaining about u complaining, so u started complaining some more and now im complaining about u complaining about konnan complaining about ur original complaining? got it. Im sure that most everyone no one on this thread had the "sole purpose" of complaining about bettman when they clicked on it.....lol

I said his sole purpose was to complain about people complaining about Bettman. Everybody else here came to this thread to complain about Bettman. See the difference?

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#63 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

The NHL on ESPN on the early 90s was a matter of "it's the only national network" so what you see is what you get. Hockey was never a priority for ESPN, and never will be. It is more to the NHL's interest that Versus develops into a major competitor for ESPN, because that would produce better media deals for the NHL as the (current) main client of Versus.

Maybe now it is, maybe, now that it is owned by NBC, but certainly not when it was the Outdoor Life Network.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#64 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

I said his sole purpose was to complain about people complaining about Bettman. Everybody else here came to this thread to complain about Bettman. See the difference?

and the problem is????? u like to complain but not be complained about?

#65 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

and the problem is????? u like to complain but not be complained about?

And once again my point goes over your head. There is a difference between commenting on a thread and complaining about the people that are commenting on the thread. I never complained I was just stating the simple fact that if you are tired of the same threads just don't comment. He wanted to sound superior and put down the people that were commenting.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#66 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

There actually is a difference the only reason Konnan511 entered this thread is to complain about people complaining. That was his sole purpose at first, if he posted his second comment the first time I wouldn't have said a word.

And furthermore you have to be insane to think Bettman is doing anything but runningthe sport into the ground, and I'm not necessarily talking about financially.

Just look at all the penalties called during games especially when a team is behind. Those type of blatent calls have to have come from some directive from the top. You can also include the

shootout as another asinine Bettman idea. Why can't hockey have a real overtime like other sports?

So now you're complaining about me? My how the tables have turned....

If Bettman was running the sport into the ground, they wouldn't continually be smashing profit records every year. Stern is running his sport into the ground.

And just so you know, every rule passed or idea that has been implemented had to go through a committee vote. Bettman doesn't just say, 'I like the shootout, so let it be!'. No, it goes through serious discussions and gets voted on.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#67 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

And once again my point goes over your head. There is a difference between commenting on a thread and complaining about the people that are commenting on the thread. I never complained I was just stating the simple fact that if you are tired of the same threads just don't comment. He wanted to sound superior and put down the people that were commenting.

ur original comment was...wait for it... a complaint! lol. u complain, i complain, we all complain. dont paint urself as not guilty of it.

Edited by number9, 02 August 2011 - 09:47 PM.