• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SDavis35

Bouchard suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

Bouchard's agent had comments to say about the suspension: "Pierre-Marc Bouchard is one of the most sportsmanlike and gentlemanly players in the game today," he said. "The notion that Pierre-Marc Bouchard intentionally swung his stick into the face of an opponent is patently absurd. He's just not that kind of player." (TSN link)

Dumb move by Bouchard, but worthy of a suspension?

This is awful, in my opinion. Give him a 4 minute penalty, 2 games for this is way overboard. I don't think it was reckless by Bouchard, I think they were just jostling and chopping at each other and Calvert's stick lift made Bouchard hit him up high unintentionally.

How many games would this have gotten?

This is awful, in my opinion. Give him a 4 minute penalty, 2 games for this is way overboard. I don't think it was reckless by Bouchard, I think they were just jostling and chopping at each other and Calvert's stick lift made Bouchard hit him up high unintentionally.

This right here.

Should not have been suspended at all. That was way to much.

And as far as the Foote one...thats another one that shouldn't be if that were today. Foote was going for the stick and missed.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Shanahan's job is to keep players safe on the ice. Accidents happen but swinging your stick right after a face-off is completely unnecessary. Had it happened in the corner and let's say Bouchard lost his balance and his stick went up breaking Calvert's teeth there would've still been a four-minute minor, but I don't think there would've been a suspension. Thank god it was "just" Calvert's mouth and not his eyes.

The best part of that video? Avs fans booing, and then the Avs losing. Good times.

Also, interesting that people are complaining about too many players being suspended thus far, when normally the complaint is that players aren't punished nearly enough. So it looks like the league is damned if it does, and damned if it doesn't.

Edited by Electrophile

The best part of that video? Avs fans booing, and then the Avs losing. Good times.

Also, interesting that people are complaining about too many players being suspended thus far, when normally the complaint is that players aren't punished nearly enough. So it looks like the league is damned if it does, and damned if it doesn't.

so do you agree that Bouchard should have been suspended for 2 games for that? And where is anyone complaining that there has been too many suspensions in this thread?

so do you agree that Bouchard should have been suspended for 2 games for that? And where is anyone complaining that there has been too many suspensions in this thread?

Is there going to be some prize given at the end of the season to the dozen or so guys that don't get suspended this year?

This should have been a double minor, but not a suspension.

I think that pretty well states that in that person's opinion, there have been too many suspensions thus far. Also, no, I don't think Bouchard should have been suspended two games for that. Never said I did. I was choosing to comment instead on the awesomeness of the posted video.

I think that pretty well states that in that person's opinion, there have been too many suspensions thus far. Also, no, I don't think Bouchard should have been suspended two games for that. Never said I did. I was choosing to comment instead on the awesomeness of the posted video.

I don't mind the league suspending guys for dirty hits to the head, but I think some of the suspensions have been incorrect or too severe.

This one is one such example. It was a careless play, but I don't think he was trying to whack the guy in the face with it, like say Simon on Hollweg.

There should be a difference between a reckless bodycheck to the head and a reckless stick swing to the head. Sure, there was intent to slash the guy on the wrist, but you shouldn't then transfer that intent to hitting in the head. They need to change the letter of this rule for such an example. Slashing someone on the hands in retaliation happens all the time in hockey.

Edited by GMRwings1983

2 games? Sounds fair. That guy is going to have fake teeth for the rest of his life because some idiot decided it would be a good idea to cross check him in the mouth. I thought Shanny describes the suspension perfectly, seems cut and dry.

2 games? Sounds fair. That guy is going to have fake teeth for the rest of his life because some idiot decided it would be a good idea to cross check him in the mouth. I thought Shanny describes the suspension perfectly, seems cut and dry.

Do I need to watch the video longer? I didn't see the cross check.

Do I need to watch the video longer? I didn't see the cross check.

There wasn't one. It was a slash that went up the players stick.

This didn't deserve a suspension, especially given the player involved. Careless, but it looked like it was supposed to be what Bouchard claimed, a whack to the hands, which isn't that uncommon.

Slightly OT, but wow! I completely remember watching that game! It seems so long ago.

I wonder what Shanahan suspensions would have looked like during all of that rivalry? Claude and McCarty each with 20+?

Just my $0.02, but I like that Shanahan is explaining what the infraction was, what action was taken, and why it was taken. You can argue whether some of these suspensions have been warranted or not, but at least they're not being passed down with no explanation as to why.

Just my $0.02, but I like that Shanahan is explaining what the infraction was, what action was taken, and why it was taken. You can argue whether some of these suspensions have been warranted or not, but at least they're not being passed down with no explanation as to why.

Yes, I agree. I like the video and explanation. I may not agree, but I at least understand why it was given, etc.

Love ya Shanny, but the standard is all f***y now. First Brendan Smith getting 8 total games, then MacArthur getting 2 for a brush by, then not suspending Malone for a hit to the head and now an accidental slash gets 2 games? C'mon man.

Was watching hockey central today at noon and apprently a lot of GMs are pissed at the overdone suspensions, not just us fans.

Pretty soon someone is gonna speak out.

I dont see how a player basically lifting a guys stick into his own face should be worth a suspension, I can see a penalty here obviously but 2 games to one of the cleanest players going?

Something needed to be done Shanny but come on man, the old saying is let the boys play after all

Was watching hockey central today at noon and apprently a lot of GMs are pissed at the overdone suspensions, not just us fans.

Pretty soon someone is gonna speak out.

I dont see how a player basically lifting a guys stick into his own face should be worth a suspension, I can see a penalty here obviously but 2 games to one of the cleanest players going?

Something needed to be done Shanny but come on man, the old saying is let the boys play after all

Don Cherry mentioned the GMs speaking out against the suspensions. A double minor for high-sticking would've been enough, hasn't that been the rule for a few years now? Blood drawn=double minor.

The only penalty for something like that is the Death Penalty

Everyone knew Shanny was going to come in with guns a blazin' this year, and he has. It's 5 days into the season he's not letting up anytime soon. I agree with 2 mins high sticking, and i agree with 4 for drawing blood, however I also agree with 2 games for leaving someones teeth on the ice. Shanny is actually going to make these guys think before reacting, people can ***** all they want to but somewhere along the line SOME guys have lost respect of their fellow players and Shanny is trying to get that back imo.