• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Kronwall boarded, leaves STL game

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

He'll get a suspension, but I have a feeling Kronwall will be out longer than Stewart.

Nevermind. :hehe:

It's easier to be pessimistic, I guess.

Edited by Crymson

I about lost my freakin' mind when I saw that hit. Thank God all the doors and windows were shut because there were some serious epithets flying. I can't believe he came back the next period; what a beast. My head would still be ringing.

If Shanny stays true to form, my guess would be 8 games.

I would think 2 at the most. I also would love to see the rationale for 8 games.

Two or three sounds about right. It was a dangerous hit, but I don't think there was an intent to break his neck or anything. Just a bit reckless, as pissed off as it made me during the game.

He should get at least 5. When the puck was loose and Kronner was chasing it down he skated more than half the width of the ice in pursuit of Kronwall, not the puck, and proceeded to board Kronwall. Had Stewart been going for the puck he could have taken it from Kronwall, or skated past him. He was deliberately not passing him in order to hit him, and proceeded to do so in a very dangerous fashion.

Due to the fact that he's a top 6 player, he's off the hook.

This isn't Campbell's NHL anymore, Shanny won't give just because of a players name... I'd guess 2-3 games, which is fair and which is all it should be - Have to take repeat offender status (which Stewart isn't) into account...

Edited by stevkrause

I didn't say I wanted 8 games, I said if Shanny hasn't taken his foot off the suspension pedal it would be 8 games and is based in part on post-game discussion. However, stevekrause is correct; 8 games would be based on repeat offender status, which I failed to take into account. Personally I would have rather seen the Wings score 3 goals on the ensuing 5 minute PP rather than any suspension, but.........

Carcillo was suspended for 2 games for a more dangerous boarding (in my opinion) at the end of October. Letang was also suspended 2 games for boarding mid-October. In pre-season, Sestito delivered a much more full-on hit from behind into the boards and rec'd 2 games in the regular season (+ 3 preseason, which I don't really cound for much). Also, in the preseason, Letourneau-Leblond rec'd 1 regular season game (+ 4 preseason) - he's a repeat offender.

Even if you think this hit was on the same level of these others, he should not get any more than 2 games. In my opinion, the contact was less than the examples I gave.

Eva, 5 games....really?

I about lost my freakin' mind when I saw that hit. Thank God all the doors and windows were shut because there were some serious epithets flying. I can't believe he came back the next period; what a beast. My head would still be ringing.

If Shanny stays true to form, my guess would be 8 games.

8 games? Nah.

How is that "true to form" for Shanahan?

Here is a list of this year's Shanabans (reg. season games) for boarding:

Carcillo - Boarding - 2 games

Letang - Boarding - 2 games

Sestito - Boarding - 4 games

Staubitz - Boarding - 3 games

Shelley - Boarding - 5 games

Letourneau-Leblond - Boarding - 1 game

Shanahan has dished out much more severe suspensions for illegal hits to the head.

Now, with that said...I figure Stewart will get suspended, but I can't imagine it will be for 8 games.

I'm going to say 2 or 3 games.

Edited by cprice12

I'm guessing Sheriff Shanny is going to give him a 3-game suspension for that hit. It's in line with what he's doled out for similar infractions. I can't see Shanahan giving a player a lengthier suspension than another just because the hit was aimed toward a Red Wing. That would undo all the good I think he's done in the short time he's held the post.

Edited by Electrophile