• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

The guy was drafted 3rd overall for a reason. He was rushed to the NHL and his development was hurt, however in the playoffs he really shone against us. Not exactly the easiest of tasks considering only Doan and Yandle did a goddamn thing for that team in the 4 games. I'm not saying he's gonna step in and be Sidney Crosby for us, but a right handed center with tons of skill and speed, ya I'm willing to say he'd help us out in the scoring department.

I'm not saying I'm opposed to Turris being on the Wings if a reasonable trade could be had. What I am saying is that things should be kept in perspective. It was directed more at the posts that said he'd be an instant upgrade to the top 6.

Also, you can cite the fact he was a 3rd overall choice all you want but I can also cite that he hasn't yet come close to living up to those expectations and that his holdout shows a lack of character that most wouldn't want on this team. Alexander Daigle was a 1st overall choice - there was a reason for that too.

If he were to come to the Wings, based on some of the posts I've read, there would be people disappointed he didn't light the world on fire with his production.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#42 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

Im from BC and this kid came on the Jr scene a few years after me and the hype he had coming into the league was warranted. Hes actually a great kid from a good family that has a ridiculous amount of un-tapped offensive upside. Hes an 89' birth-year and will be a legitmate top 6 forward in a few years. For his price-tag, youth, and potential I would be thrilled for Detroit to have him. Pheonix isnt stupid nor do they have allot of money to spend - an overpaid Hudler isnt going to get him. Kindl seems the most probable move if this deal does in fact happen.

#43 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

Im from BC and this kid came on the Jr scene a few years after me and the hype he had coming into the league was warranted. Hes actually a great kid from a good family that has a ridiculous amount of un-tapped offensive upside. Hes an 89' birth-year and will be a legitmate top 6 forward in a few years. For his price-tag, youth, and potential I would be thrilled for Detroit to have him. Pheonix isnt stupid nor do they have allot of money to spend - an overpaid Hudler isnt going to get him. Kindl seems the most probable move if this deal does in fact happen.

Phoenix actually has a lot of bluechip defensemen in their pipeline, but not forwards. But yeah, they have a league-mandated salary cap now, so they are not going to be interested in taking much salary back in a roster player. Good pick and good prospect is about the best they can do.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#44 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

Anyone else find it weird that theyre saying Smith might stay with the team because someone is hurt.

First Babs said Kindl has a sore shoulder but now its Stuart who might sit out, and than Babs also said he wasnt even sure if there were any injuries at all actually.

Not saying Turris is the guy, but doesnt that kind of have the smell of something funny going on? Maybe someone is on the move or verge of being traded

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#45 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

According to Freep.com, 3 and a half days ago Kenny Holland specifically said he wasn't making any trades.

http://www.freep.com...ther-tough-loss

"My feeling is, you've got to go by history," Holland said. "History says that they're going to produce. So I'm not looking to trade. I was just at the general managers' meetings, and there is no trade talk around the league. I think we've got lots of good things going on. If we can just get a few more good things going on, I think we can put a run together."

Sure,trades are fun to talk about, but it's not gonna happen. Thanks god!

#46 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Anyone else find it weird that theyre saying Smith might stay with the team because someone is hurt.

First Babs said Kindl has a sore shoulder but now its Stuart who might sit out, and than Babs also said he wasnt even sure if there were any injuries at all actually.

Not saying Turris is the guy, but doesnt that kind of have the smell of something funny going on? Maybe someone is on the move or verge of being traded

I know what you mean. I have trouble with this theory for one reason. IF they were making a deal that involved, say, Kindl, I think they'd want more than a two game look at Smith.

But it's definitely weird, the things the coach said.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#47 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

Holland: "I'm not looking to trade."

Translation: "I'm already in negotiations with another GM."
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#48 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

According to Freep.com, 3 and a half days ago Kenny Holland specifically said he wasn't making any trades.

Not that I support/oppose Turris, but Holland would not openly admit if he were looking for a trade when the team is playing (relatively) well. That would be a bad announcement IMO, especially if there is not a certain deal on the table.

#49 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

Not that I support/oppose Turris, but Holland would not openly admit if he were looking for a trade when the team is playing (relatively) well. That would be a bad announcement IMO, especially if there is not a certain deal on the table.

Not buying it. He could have said lots of things that wouldn't have been a bad announcement. In fact, he could have said "we aren't ruling anything out" would have been a motivational factor in the locker room, if anything.

Sometimes "no" just means no. Wouldn't be holdin' my breath if I were you....

#50 luvmnger

luvmnger

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

turris/ekman larsson for hudler/kindl/ferraro/2012 3rd.

PLEASE! FU(KING PLEASE!

i know...dreaming...but it would totally rock.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#51 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

Not buying it. He could have said lots of things that wouldn't have been a bad announcement. In fact, he could have said "we aren't ruling anything out" would have been a motivational factor in the locker room, if anything.

Sometimes "no" just means no. Wouldn't be holdin' my breath if I were you....

I'm probably one of the few posters who doesn't desire a trade (assuming an even trade), so I'm not holding my breath. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Holland is returning calls. I think you are right in that he isn't looking for a trade, but that doesn't mean he isn't entertaining offers. This sounds obvious, but I'm not sure if it was the case the past few years when the Wings were favorites (top 3 on paper) in the West.

#52 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

turris/ekman larsson for hudler/kindl/ferraro/2012 3rd.

PLEASE! FU(KING PLEASE!

i know...dreaming...but it would totally rock.

That's actually a pretty equitable trade, if not an overpayment by Detroit. Right now, Turris has to be considered a downgrade from Hudler; on about the same order that OEL is an upgrade over Kindl. The "potential" factor is largely negated by Phoenix's need to move Turris, and I'd say Ferraro OR a 3rd would balance the remainder. Change Hudler to Emmerton and it's a much better dream. However, at this point it looks like Ferraro is not going to be an NHL player, so I doubt Phoenix would have much interest.

#53 luvmnger

luvmnger

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

every time the coyotes play ekman larsson, he sticks out on that team. he's fast, determined, loves to shoot, and somewhat reliable on the back end.

kinda schenider/coffey/lidstrom-ish.

maybe i am crazy, but i feel this kid is gonna bloom into the next blue chip/core offensive defenseman.

he needs to mentor under lidas before the "day of reckoning" arrives.

he's not an impact player yet,(hence the lack of full time play) but the raw fundamentals are there.

get him over here Kenny!
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#54 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

"I'm not looking to trade" =/= "I will not make a trade". If the right deal comes along he'd take it just like any good businessman would.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#55 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

Pass. He's not worth the headache.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#56 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:48 AM

He's returned with a tour de force performance thus far: six games, zero points. Woohoo.

#57 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

He's returned with a tour de force performance thus far: six games, zero points. Woohoo.

He shot the puck once there a couple of days ago I think. But yeah, thatís about it really.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#58 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

what does Turris actually do, anyways--game wise? Also, I don't like the idea ofa prima donna in the locker room. I didn't like when Fedorov held out on us and wouldn't approve of it now.

#59 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

0 points in 6 games when he had no training camp or anything and is playing fourth line minutes for a coach that obviously doesnt like him and a team he doesnt want to be on. You guys are really picking a fair time to judge him.

Anyways I heard on TSN maloney is asking a solid young player similar to Turris in age and potential (Kindl?)or a guy who can play now and a pick.

So Kindl straight up might actually be enough, than slide Smith into his spot because hes good enough for the NHL now.

Or Emmerton, Miller or Eaves plus a 3rd rounder maybe?

Those seem like fair value for what his value has been put as. I think playing sheltered minutes with the wings and maybe getting a bit of PP time would see him develop properly and at the least he becomes a solid 50 point 2 way center.

He could also hit his stride in Detroit where the system fits his style better and all of a sudden the top line of the future with Nyquist and Turris is secured :thumbup:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#60 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

Ugh, it's been confirmed on Twitter (IIRC, it was by Darren Dreger) that Detroit is NOT in the running for Turris. So let's stop this nonsense, because it doesn't sound like he's worth the trouble anyway.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!