• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think the earliest possible would be day 1 of the end of the regular season. Everyone knows it's a sacrificial season, so no need to fire Blash prior. But Steve may want "his guy" in the room so they can start planning next years season as early as this spring.

21 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It won't

I know I know. It was mostly rhetorical. I just wanted to make funny about bald people/coaches. 

12 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Dallas appears to have gotten over their horrible start of this season...I'm guessing there's skeletons in his closet, and the Stars are trying to get ahead of possible fallout.

Probably told Heiskanen, Lindell, and Hintz to shut off the damn Suomi music

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I know I know. It was mostly rhetorical. I just wanted to make funny about bald people/coaches. 

It's true. Bald people are stupid and do not deserve our respect.

29 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Dallas appears to have gotten over their horrible start of this season...I'm guessing there's skeletons in his closet, and the Stars are trying to get ahead of possible fallout.

Every club is probably reviewing their coach’s history right now trying to do damage control if something is found. 

Watch Torts being the last man standing. 

10 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Though reading this again it sounds like it’s something recent that caused the termination. 

The players walked into Nill’s office with phone in hand threating him of Twitzkrieg if he didn’t fire him?

The league got a hold of Montgomery's spotify and their was not one rap song in his history

SEE YA LOSER

Can someone get ahold of the NHL's new abuse line number? We can spam call it and say Blashill touched our peepees or something

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The league got a hold of Montgomery's spotify and their was not one rap song in his history

SEE YA LOSER

Can someone get ahold of the NHL's new abuse line number? We can spam call it and say Blashill touched our peepees or something

Or worse; they found The Nuge in the top ten most listened to. 

Nill said in his press conference: No players involved, no employees involved, Nill respects Monty as a coach but is disappointed. Happened a few days ago and came to light on Sunday.

Did they literally catch this guy smokin' a J behind the zamboni or something? WTF could he have done to be dismissed so quickly with no one else involved?

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nill said in his press conference: No players involved, no employees involved, Nill respects Monty as a coach but is disappointed. Happened a few days ago and came to light on Sunday.

Did they literally catch this guy smokin' a J behind the zamboni or something? WTF could he have done to be dismissed so quickly with no one else involved?

Nill 'got woke' ?

I'm picturing Nill catching Monty selling team merch out of the back of his van in the Stars parking lot or soemthing

Lesson to be learned here: Babcock was the linchpin keeping this fragile house of cards league together. Fire him and pay the price.

In the midst of all this Yzerman had the cojones to waive a black man. Bowey is probably calling the hotline right now.

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Coaches and GM's will be forced into Soviet re-education camps per esteemed commissar Gary Bettman

I'm being semi-sarcastic obviously, but how long before this gets abused?

What does inclusion and diversity training have to do with a head coach going "Bobby Knight" on a player? Seems like the NHL is just trying to look all PC and improve their public image, even tho their solution is a pointless publicity stunt.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What does inclusion and diversity training have to do with a head coach going "Bobby Knight" on a player? Seems like the NHL is just trying to look all PC and improve their public image, even tho their solution is a pointless publicity stunt.

Because no one's gone "Bobby Knight" on anyone? 

Most reports of abuse are either of a psychological nature (Babcock) or stem from diversity ignorance or outright racist comments (Peters). 

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Most reports of abuse are either of a psychological nature (Babcock) or stem from diversity ignorance or outright racist comments (Peters). 

So far in this instance it's a real head scratcher as to why Montgomery got fired.

I'm thinking when the truth comes out - it'll really be shocking, or a total PC move to avoid future controversy.

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Pretty sure Peters physically assaulted at least one player, hence the Bobby Knight reference.  Any comments made were alleged by former players under Peters and have been unsubstantiated to my knowledge.

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

So far in this instance it's a real head scratcher as to why Montgomery got fired.

I'm thinking when the truth comes out - it'll really be shocking, or a total PC move to avoid future controversy.

Sports betting? Illegal dog fighting? Sign stealing? Slept with Nill's wife? 

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Pretty sure Peters physically assaulted at least one player, hence the Bobby Knight reference.  Any comments made were alleged by former players under Peters and have been unsubstantiated to my knowledge.

Pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Sports betting? Illegal dog fighting? Sign stealing? Slept with Nill's wife? 

Pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about. 

$5 says Montgomery sold all the player customized Winter Classic jerseys on ebay, and replaced them with fake Chinese counterfeits :shifty:

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So last week, Montgomery did a playful interview on a radio station, but some ppl are pointing out that he sounded like he was buzzed/hammered through the whole thing.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/monty-on-monty

Maybe the guys an alcoholic

lol - yeah - right from the start he sounds like he had a few...And then some.