• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It's starting to feel like he's going to miss the entire rest of the season with whatever injury he's dealing with, so I dunno that I'd pencil him into the starting lineup just yet. Would be nice if someone in the organization could at least confirm that he's still alive. Alas...

He's skating

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He’ll be a good a 3rd liner , either way we’ll be alot better team next season so we cant afford to f*** up this tank and turn s*** around

you spelled "2nd liner" wrong

33 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'm getting mixed signals here.

You said laviolette gets teams to overachieve and i said he’d have to sell his soul to make that happen cause we suck bad 

i just made a comment after about how much better team we would be next with all the additions we should have, probably 3-5 new guys that will be there at the start of the season that weren’t there this year (zadina,seider,veleno,svechnikov,rasmussen,fingers crossed lafraniere) so we cant do anything to f*** up this tank ... just keep it going as painful as it is, jeff can f*** off next april

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

You said laviolette gets teams to overachieve and i said he’d have to sell his soul to make that happen cause we suck bad 

i just made a comment after about how much better team we would be next with all the additions we should have, probably 3-5 new guys that will be there at the start of the season that weren’t there this year (zadina,seider,veleno,svechnikov,rasmussen,fingers crossed lafraniere) so we cant do anything to f*** up this tank ... just keep it going as painful as it is, jeff can f*** off next april

I'm confused because on the one hand you're saying no one could get this team to overachieve and on the other hand you're saying we need to make sure we don't do anything to f*** up this tank.

Okay so why not hire Laviolette if he is the best chance of us getting on an upswing into next year?

We are 13 points behind NJ the next overall loser and they have 2 games in hand so could be as much as 17.  The distance to move up dramatically starts to get insurmountable  in my opinion as we go up the standings.

I highly doubt you get a 20 plus point bump from a coaching change especially as the players adapt to a new coach's strategy plus more injuries, perhaps a trade @ the deadline(LMAO)

I think we are comfortably numb at the bottom of the pile  and will see a top 5 pick as worst case. 

image.thumb.png.d31b651da837638918c4472d3b95b402.png

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

I'm confused because on the one hand you're saying no one could get this team to overachieve and on the other hand you're saying we need to make sure we don't do anything to f*** up this tank.

As we currently are yes but if we start adding in svechnikov,rasmussen,cholowski etc... subtract daley/ericsson/lashoff and some of the garbage now it might result in a 2-3 win streak obviously we won’t go rest of the season without another win.

i just dont wanna finish 2nd or 3rd last at this point , i’d feel alot better once we have a 20 pt lead on the 2nd last team

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

26 minutes ago, Dabura said:

You are officially more helpful than the official Twitter accounts of Helene, the Griffins, and the Wings. Bless you.

Apparently Paul Woods mentioned it on Sunday's broadcast. But I'm stealing this info from someone over in the WiiM comments section. 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

As we are currently are yes but if we start adding in svechnikov,rasmussen,cholowski etc... subtract daley/ericsson/lashoff and some of the garbage now it might result in a 2-3 win streak obviously we won’t go rest of the season without another win , i just dont wanna finish 2nd or 3rd last at this point , i’d feel alot better once we have a 20 pt lead on the 2nd last team

That's fair. Honestly tho, I'm really not sure that any of our prospects would make this team any better this season. Svechnikov has entered the Jurco Bust Danger Zone. Cholowski's been a d-zone disaster at the NHL level. Rasmussen probably won't see much/any NHL action this season. I'm kind of on the fence about whether Yzerman should let Seider anywhere near this mess.

Additionally, as @AtlantaHotWings pointed out, we're 13 points behind the 30th place Devils. We've nearly doubled their negative goal differential (-73 versus -38). Unless Rasmussen can give us .925 goaltending for 12-15 games, we've probably already got that 31st finish all wrapped up -- regardless of what moves Yzerman makes between now and the end of the season.

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Apparently Paul Woods mentioned it on Sunday's broadcast. But I'm stealing this info from someone over in the WiiM comments section. 

tfw you get tricked into giving props to WiiM

giphy.webp

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Never close the door on any medium or source of information, no matter how much they drive you nuts.

It's what I tell myself everyday before coming here. :lol:

On 1/7/2020 at 10:21 AM, Dabura said:

LMAO why are we even pretending Laviolette would willingly join the Wings right now??? :hysterical:

Lots and lots of these?

God knows he probably has Christmas bills to pay off and living in Nashville isn't as cheap as it used to be!! 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

proceeds from FL to go to this...hmmmmmmm

https://www.freep.com/story/money/real-estate/michigan-house-envy/2019/12/07/pavel-datsyuks-house-bloomfield-township-for-sale/2586230001/

and it has a panic room where Peter can go and weep after he takes over our current but not forever dumpster fire 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

As we are currently are yes but if we start adding in svechnikov,rasmussen,cholowski etc... subtract daley/ericsson/lashoff and some of the garbage now it might result in a 2-3 win streak obviously we won’t go rest of the season without another win.

i just dont wanna finish 2nd or 3rd last at this point , i’d feel alot better once we have a 20 pt lead on the 2nd last team

Bringing up the youth and bringing in a new coach is not going to move this team completely out of the basement.

They only need to finish one point worse than the 2nd to last place team to get the best odds (which aren't that good anyway) of getting 1st overall.

I see no harm in bringing in Laviolette and bringing up the kids, even if it means a small improvement in the standings, at this point. Bring in some positivity and a hopeful future to a team that clearly needs it, that's a good thing.

Team improvement, increased morale, and finishing the season in a positive state doesn't have to mean sacrificing 1st overall. I don't understand the idea that this team must be a loathsome, embarrassing, negativity train to MAYBE get Lafreniere. They could be all of that and still wind up picking 4th anyway. 

Why not bring in some new blood, make some positive strides towards next season, still finish as a lottery team, and hope we get lucky in the draft this year? 

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I wouldn't have a problem with Laviolette - however me thinks Grand Master Y is waiting to see what develops in TB this spring.

Agree.  I think Stevie is waiting till he has full understanding of who he can get and who he can't.  I don't see him rushing to pull the trigger on this.  IMO-He likely has a list of coaches in mind that he'd want, and as the season plays out, his "list" of guys he wants will shorten.  As the list gets smaller and smaller I would suspect the back-channel communications will start to happen with the short list coaches and their agents.  Basically this....100% off the record and will be denied if gone public, but Yzerman wants to have a very serious conversation with you about you being his bench boss in Detroit.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

That's fair. Honestly tho, I'm really not sure that any of our prospects would make this team any better this season. Svechnikov has entered the Jurco Bust Danger Zone. Cholowski's been a d-zone disaster at the NHL level. Rasmussen probably won't see much/any NHL action this season. I'm kind of on the fence about whether Yzerman should let Seider anywhere near this mess.

Additionally, as @AtlantaHotWings pointed out, we're 13 points behind the 30th place Devils. We've nearly doubled their negative goal differential (-73 versus -38). Unless Rasmussen can give us .925 goaltending for 12-15 games, we've probably already got that 31st finish all wrapped up -- regardless of what moves Yzerman makes between now and the end of the season.

giphy.webp

I’m having doubts on svechnikov but i havent written him off just yet as he missed a whole season of play , i think if he got a real shot with legitimate players he has the size and shot to produce decent numbers .

Cholowski has work to do for sure but he’s got more offensive upside right now over any other dman outside hronek id say?Dmen take longer to develop and i still have some hope for the guy being only 21

im sure rasmussen/seider will get some looks within the last ten games which by then we’d hopefully be far gone, id also like to get some other looks with turgeon see if he can be a bottom guy or just move on for good , pearson being 23 next season might get some games in , kuffner,hirose .... anyways i think the best time for wings fans will be the last 15 games or so cause we should see more kids getting some games 

just hoping yzerman can get rid of trash next month .... this sucks right now but it’ll all be worth it if we land lafraniere 

9 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I’m having doubts on svechnikov but i havent written him off just yet as he missed a whole season of play , i think if he got a real shot with legitimate players he has the size and shot to produce decent numbers .

Cholowski has work to do for sure but he’s got more offensive upside right now over any other dman outside hronek id say?Dmen take longer to develop and i still have some hope for the guy being only 21

im sure rasmussen/seider will get some looks within the last ten games which by then we’d hopefully be far gone, id also like to get some other looks with turgeon see if he can be a bottom guy or just move on for good , pearson being 23 next season might get some games in , kuffner,hirose .... anyways i think the best time for wings fans will be the last 15 games or so cause we should see more kids getting some games 

just hoping yzerman can get rid of trash next month .... this sucks right now but it’ll all be worth it if we land lafraniere 

God I hate ignorant ass posts about the griffins.

Cholowski has been awful for the Griffins. Turgeon has been awful. Pearson has been awful. Kuffner has been awful. None of these guys deserve a sideways look.

On the other hand Rasmussen has been excellent. Seider excellent. Terry excellent. Hirose excellent. Tangradi excellent. All 5 of those players are far more deserving of callups than Pearson or Turgeon.