• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You realize that even if you took the top 8 teams in the entire league, not just each conference, the Coyotes would still be tied for a playoff spot.  Not trying to get your goat here man, but the "they did it to get into the playoffs" explaination for the Hall trade is just missing the mark.

Last i checked the eastern conference had no bearing on whether or not a team in the west made the playoffs or not , thats fine it missed the mark in your opinion and to be fair i dont really care and honestly im over this arizona nonsense 

lates

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Last i checked the eastern conference had no bearing on whether or not a team in the west made the playoffs or not , thats fine it missed the mark in your opinion and to be fair i dont really care and honestly im over this arizona nonsense 

lates

What a diva. Mad respect.

9 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Phoenix - err - Arizona doesn't need 'saving'...Bettman, and the BoG have been keeping that sad franchise afloat since they arrived in the desert.

Me:  Why would Arizona need Hall to help make the playoffs when they probably will anyway?

NyquistIsDURRRRFuture: I DURRDN'T REALIZE PLAYOFFS SPOTS WERE GUARANTEEEEEEEEEEED IN DECEMBER *mouthbreathing*!!!!!!!!

Me: I mean, check the standings, they're already doing pretty good without him.

DURRRQUISTISMYFAHDURR: OH YEAH, DA BIG BAD COYOTES WON DURR CUP ALREADY IN DECEMBER HUH!?!?!

Me: Nah dude, they're just probably going to make the playoffs so that doesn't seem like why they traded for Hall.

DERPQUISTDERPFUTTTER: I'M DUN WIT DIS, VIKTURY IS MINE!!!

F.Michael: Aliens Bruh!

2 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I've been reading from multiple sources that the guy who tweeted this is a clown with unreliable information. I wouldn't put much stock into it.

Guy is a TOTAL clown.  He goes on long diatribes about Russian life/culture/politics/hockey on Twitter all the time and gets all sorts of retweets from dimwit Canadian hockey personalities because he's highly critical of Russia.  Dudes like Dreger eat him up.  Nobody, as far as I can tell, has ever bothered to figure who exactly he is, and what exactly he does, that makes him such an expert on such complicated topics as Russia's role in the global economy and how that impacts the KHL's business model.  But damned if he doesn't have an opinion.

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Blashill replacement?

I was just about to post this. I'd be open to it.

Guy has a fantastic resume. He's won a Stanley Cup in Carolina, and he has been to the finals with Nashville and Philly. Going to the finals with 3 different teams is impressive.

A lot of people keep saying that we shouldn't fire Blashill until there is a viable permanent replacement, is this it? We may not get a better option in the off-season.

Edited by kliq

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Guy has a fantastic resume. He's won a Stanley Cup in Carolina, and he has been to the finals with Nashville and Philly. Going to the finals with 3 different teams is impressive.

A lot of people keep saying that we shouldn't fire Blashill until there is a viable permanent replacement, is this it? We may not get a better option in the off-season.

Why Lav when Babcock is still available?

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Agreed. This would be a good hire. When a HC does well with lower payroll, smaller market teams, it tells me they're good at squeezing lemonade out of lemons. This team could use that right now.

Welp, as I was saying a couple months back: Of the realistic targets, Laviolette is my top preference.

Stats nerds will tell you he kills the offense of any team he coaches. And maybe there's some truth to that. But, to echo kliq and Neo, he does seem to have a knack for getting pretty unsexy teams to overachieve.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

But if he wants Laviolette he has to act now. 

Id say at this stage of the game he doesnt wanna act on anything , everythings going according to stevie’s plan. We might hate blashill but whats happening now is necessary for the greater good

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Welp, as I was saying a couple months back: Of the realistic targets, Laviolette is my top preference.

Stats nerds will tell you he kills the offense of any team he coaches. And maybe there's some truth to that. But, to echo kliq and Neo, he does seem to have a knack for getting pretty unsexy teams to overachieve.

He’d have to sell his soul to the devil to get this team to overachieve at this stage.finish the year with blashill , get lafraniere god willing and get rid of all those ufa dead corpses  and try and get rid of a helm/glendening/nielsen if possible

those moves +seider+dekeyser being back + svechnikov+veleno+zadina from game #1 etc... will make this team alot better than they’ve been so last thing we want is to get on a stupid roll and end up with 7-9th pick

keep this mess going, we can win the last 10 when we’re comfortably dead last

7 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He’d have to sell his soul to the devil to get this team to overachieve at this stage.

last thing we want is to get on a stupid roll and end up with 7-9th pick

I'm getting mixed signals here.

Id say at this stage of the game he doesnt wanna act on anything , everythings going according to stevie’s plan. We might hate blashill but whats happening now is necessary for the greater good

He’d have to sell his soul to the devil to get this team to overachieve at this stage.finish the year with blashill , get lafraniere god willing and get rid of all those ufa dead corpses  and try and get rid of a helm/glendening/nielsen if possible

those moves +seider+dekeyser being back + svechnikov+veleno+zadina from game #1 etc... will make this team alot better than they’ve been so last thing we want is to get on a stupid roll and end up with 7-9th pick

keep this mess going, we can win the last 10 when we’re comfortably dead last

you spelled Rasmussen wrong

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

you spelled Rasmussen wrong

It's starting to feel like he's going to miss the entire rest of the season with whatever injury he's dealing with, so I dunno that I'd pencil him into the starting lineup just yet. Would be nice if someone in the organization could at least confirm that he's still alive. Alas...

Edited by Dabura