• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

35 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I certainly hope that's not the case...As a Original 6 rival I appreciate their existence...Their logo is in reference/homage to Sauk leader Black Hawk...Chances are now that Chicago's image is in the toilet I'm sure the pressure to change the team name and logo will mount.

I'm expecting it. the people who oppose the name surely will take this opportunity to pile on.

31 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

If "The Matrix" and "Zoolander" had a baby...

I was thinking 'Why does all Toronto players looks like they were cast in the Hunger Games?'

20 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Culturally Appropriate Chicago Blackhawks Logo by First Nations Artist Goes  Viral - Indian Country Today

The real Black Hawk was bald lol. Although the logo does bear a striking resemblance.

Black Hawk
George Catlin - Múk-a-tah-mish-o-káh-kaik, Black Hawk, Prominent Sac Chief - 1985.66.2 - Smithsonian American Art Museum.jpg

Btw, the BlackHawk sex abuse thread is gone now too. What does everyone think about Cheveldayoff and Coach Q? Should they be banned from the NHL? Is it fair to WPG or FLA to lose a GM snd HC? Would those teams be canceled if they didn't fire them?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The real Black Hawk was bald lol. Although the logo does bear a striking resemblance.

Black Hawk
George Catlin - Múk-a-tah-mish-o-káh-kaik, Black Hawk, Prominent Sac Chief - 1985.66.2 - Smithsonian American Art Museum.jpg

Btw, the BlackHawk sex abuse thread is gone now too. What does everyone think about Cheveldayoff and Coach Q? Should they be banned from the NHL? Is it fair to WPG or FLA to lose a GM snd HC? Would those teams be canceled if they didn't fire them?

I find it challenging to say the least...While they were in 'the meeting' - who made the decision to brush this under the rug? Stan Bowman? Team President John McDonough, Vice President Al MacIsaac? Did Rocky Wirtz have any say in this?

Chances are Bettman would prefer to see both Coach Q and Chevy resign from their respected positions sooner than later.

10 minutes ago, big man said:

Then they probably shouldn't have handed him the captaincy at 22.

Talk about a Franchise that rose from the brink to great heights, and managed to mishandle everything on their way up. Kane beating up cabbies and scoring rape accusations. Akim Aliu getting n-words flung around the lockerroom. Kyle Beach getting raped by a coach. The organization protecting that coach and recommending him to work with kids. Homophobia being flung around the lockerroom at Beach. Former Hawks like Carcillo and Sopel basically hate the organization.

https://theathletic.com/2917792/2021/10/27/lazerus-kyle-beachs-courage-and-humanity-is-in-sharp-contrast-with-the-craven-men-who-failed-him/

https://theathletic.com/2918194/2021/10/28/powers-jonathan-toews-and-patrick-kane-missed-the-boat-by-showing-support-for-stan-bowman/?source=user_shared_article

Now guys like Toews and Kane are actually sticking up for Bowman. It's amazing that Toews was once compared to Yzerman as the next great captain. I don't think he understands the magnitude of what Bowman and the organization did. The Wirtz family and Bettman cleared house, and none of them can work in the NHL again without express permission from the league.

I love how Kane and Toews are both suddenly under covid protocol now too. Convenient. Cowards.

At the end of the day they F-ed over their 11th overall pick to protect the career of an abusive pedo video coach. Good day to be a Hawks fan.

I'm a bit surprised the Hawks PR dept didn't have something written down for Toews/Kane to memorize when this would come up considering it was back in July when news 1st broke out.

9 minutes ago, big man said:

Nobody has implicated the Wirtz's. But it's a little hard to believe they didn't know isn't it? The entire executive team knew. The entire lockerroom knew. 100+ other people knew according to the interviews.

Any company I've ever been in the owner usually knew the most, not the least.

Yeah. More likely that it just can't be traced to the Wirtz's. They had to know something. 

41 minutes ago, big man said:

Nobody has implicated the Wirtz's. But it's a little hard to believe they didn't know isn't it? The entire executive team knew. The entire lockerroom knew. 100+ other people knew according to the interviews.

Any company I've ever been in the owner usually knew the most, not the least.

Not necessarily. The team has executives for a reason. They're supposed to handle this kind of stuff. If any of it was passed on, it was probably watered down. Maybe they said it was consensual or something. Consider that executives get fired for stuff like that happening under their tenure. It is entirely possible they kept it from going too far up hoping it would just fizzle out.

It's also possible the Wirtz's don't want to know about stuff like that for the purpose of plausible deniability. "You handle it. I don't wanna know about it."

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

7 minutes ago, big man said:

Yes. Cancel culture takes down another proud republican team.

>the third party female (only party to witness the night besides Brad and Kyle) corroborated Brad's story. NOT Kyle's.

>Kyle says the female never entered the apartment. 

>according to her she played strip poker with them in the apartment. Serviced both of them. Then left and waited 45 min for a cab outside. Never seeing Kyle exit in that time.

>Kyle then claims a 5'6 160 lb midget with a bat forced him to do g-ay stuff. Despite him being 6'3 200+ lbs. 

>Kyle then told his friend later that he was raped. The friend said he was probably roofied. But Kyle himself never said he was roofied. 

TLDR Kyle did g-ay stuff and regretted it and was embarrassed and worried for his NHL career. So he claimed rape.

Stan got a he said she said so he forced the coach to resign with reccomendation. 

Bowman and Co probably handled this correctly. Buy Kyle got greedy for a lawsuit. 

Scrub-a-dub-dub.......

3 hours ago, big man said:

Yes. Cancel culture takes down another proud republican team.

>the third party female (only party to witness the night besides Brad and Kyle) corroborated Brad's story. NOT Kyle's.

>Kyle says the female never entered the apartment. 

>according to her she played strip poker with them in the apartment. Serviced both of them. Then left and waited 45 min for a cab outside. Never seeing Kyle exit in that time.

>Kyle then claims a 5'6 160 lb midget with a bat forced him to do g-ay stuff. Despite him being 6'3 200+ lbs. 

>Kyle then told his friend later that he was raped. The friend said he was probably roofied. But Kyle himself never said he was roofied. 

TLDR Kyle did g-ay stuff and regretted it and was embarrassed and worried for his NHL career. So he claimed rape.

Stan got a he said she said so he forced the coach to resign with reccomendation. 

Bowman and Co probably handled this correctly. Buy Kyle got greedy for a lawsuit. 

My #1 beef is that Aldrich found employment where he molested a minor.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

Now imagine flying in to NY from Winnipeg - only to be informed face to face that you really should consider leaving your post as GM of the Jets.

A conference call would suffice.

Oh no! Not a 1.5 hour flight on a private team jet! The humanity!!!

I'd make that rat canoe down Red River and then portage to NYC

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Oh no! Not a 1.5 hour flight on a private team jet! The humanity!!!

I'd make that rat canoe down Red River and then portage to NYC

Joke's on you - the team jet (actually the Canadian teams charter thru Air Canada) is in San Jose so you're flying coach with a stop in Atlanta 1st.

EDIT - I sorta feel for Chevy considering he's likely not the one who came up with the idea of sweeping it under the rug while Assist GM in Chicago...In that meeting you have the Pres/VP/GM/Head Coach out ranking him (apparently Coach Q was noted being the most concerned about the incident being disruptive as they were on their way thru the Western Conference Championships)...Probably sat in the corner, nodded politely, and kept his opinions to himself...Certainly guilt by association though which will likely cost him his job.

Edited by F.Michael

2 minutes ago, big man said:

It's amazing that Bergevin has escaped all of this. Chad Bergevin doesn't understand sexual abuse. He doesn't even know what sex is. Keeps his body pure and strong.

I'm always amazed at the number of exec and coaching positions ie: special assistant to the GM, video coach, skills coach, etc.

All of those in that meeting are done like Thanksgiving turkey and it's spilled over on to a handful of players.

Having the handsome brute Marc Bergevin active in the league is good for the league.

21 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'm always amazed at the number of exec and coaching positions ie: special assistant to the GM, video coach, skills coach, etc.

All of those in that meeting are done like Thanksgiving turkey and it's spilled over on to a handful of players.

Having the handsome brute Marc Bergevin active in the league is good for the league.

theyre toast

“While on some level, it would be easiest to paint everyone with any association to this terrible matter with the same broad brush, I believe that fundamental fairness requires a more in-depth analysis of the role of each person,” said Bettman. “Kevin Cheveldayoff was not a member of the Blackhawks senior leadership team in 2010, and I cannot, therefore, assign to him responsibility for the Club’s actions, or inactions. He provided a full account of his degree of involvement in the matter, which was limited exclusively to his attendance at a single meeting, and I found him to be extremely forthcoming and credible in our discussion.”

1. He lied about his awareness of the situation back in July

2. He knew about it in 2010 but didn't say anything or stand up for the kid. 

I'm surprised by this decision. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans