• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Still early in the season but since ppl are touching themselves already for gusev’s 3 pts in 6 games 

https://www.espn.com/nhl/boxscore/_/gameId/401145141

by far least ice time by the devils forwards tonight and getting s*** on by devils fans on twitter 

Twitter... definitely where I go for sane opinions

Gusev has been playing the 3rd line. 3rd line has arguably been their best line so far this season. Not watching them tonight thou.

19 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Twitter... definitely where I go for sane opinions

Gusev has been playing the 3rd line. 3rd line has arguably been their best line so far this season. Not watching them tonight thou.

Not saying much , they must not be happy with him since hes got the least ice time but donr worry he got his precious goal but i suspect that happen cause i posted the article and im cursed just like i was talking to my friend wishing kelce would get hurt cause i have kittle on a season bet and mahomes literally got hurt right after haha 

51 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Not saying much , they must not be happy with him since hes got the least ice time

Their entire 3rd line barely played tonight. That includes Zacha and Bratt. All 3 of those guys have been good for them so far this year, shadowed by really only Hall. Hughes and Hall also barely played tonight.

Don't ask me why, they're probably experimenting after all the losing.

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Their entire 3rd line barely played tonight. That includes Zacha and Bratt. All 3 of those guys have been good for them so far this year, shadowed by really only Hall. Hughes and Hall also barely played tonight.

Don't ask me why, they're probably experimenting after all the losing.

Been at the bottom last games for ice time , suspect they arent too thrilled with his two way game 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Been at the bottom last games for ice time , suspect they arent too thrilled with his two way game 

So you also suspect they're not happy with Zacha, Bratt, Hughes, and Halll? They reduced all their top scorers ice time. Sure Gusev technically got the least, but everyone saw big hits to their play time. Devs blatantly played their worst forwards tonight. Probably figuring out who needs to go from their bottom line.

48 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So you also suspect they're not happy with Zacha, Bratt, Hughes, and Halll? They reduced all their top scorers ice time. Sure Gusev technically got the least, but everyone saw big hits to their play time. Devs blatantly played their worst forwards tonight. Probably figuring out who needs to go from their bottom line.

Coolbeans 

18 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Coolbeans 

Hey the fun part is despite all this they still haven't played Simmonds as a top 6 forward despite your r-tarded musings

Gusev also scored a goal tonight despite limited ice time.

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

but donr worry he got his precious goal but i suspect that happen cause i posted the article and im cursed just like i was talking to my friend wishing kelce would get hurt cause i have kittle on a season bet and mahomes literally got hurt right after haha 

What in gods name are you talking about?

Maybe you should go back to watching American football, cause you clearly dont know s*** about your own countries sport.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

44 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hey the fun part is despite all this they still haven't played Simmonds as a top 6 forward despite your r-tarded musings

Gusev also scored a goal tonight despite limited ice time.

What in gods name are you talking about?

Maybe you should go back to watching American football, cause you clearly dont know s*** about your own countries sport.

Theyve played simmonds in the top 6 in games , tonight in fact with your gusev in the third line, not my problem you fail to see these things  ... and i mentioned gusev scoring previously which youd have noticed if you werent too busy constantly making excuses 

oh and if you dont mind refrain yourself from using the r word in the future and trust me thats me being polite 

and unlike you i like to watch many sports leagues not just hockey but dont worry about my hockey knowledge  , just keep coming up with more excuses 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Nyquist (CBJ) - 6 GP - 1 G, 2 A - 3PTS
Tatar (MTL) - 7 GP - 2 G, 3 A, - 5 PTS
Jurco (EDM) - 6 GP - 0 G, 2 A, - 2 PTS
Nosek (VGK) - 8 GP - 3 G, 1 A - 4 PTS
Smith (NYR) -  4 GP - 1 G, 2 A - 3 PTS (playing 3rd line wing)
Mrazek (CAR) - 4 GP - 4 W, 1.94 GAA, 0.919 SV%

It's sad to say that every single one of these players would be an upgrade to our current team...

Not saying I would go back on any of the trades though (except maybe Mrazek). We got a decent enough return on most of these players...

Nyquist - 2019 2nd round pick (Albert Johansson), 2020 3rd round pick
Tatar - 2018 1st round pick (Joe Veleno), 2019 2nd round pick (Robert Mastrosimone), 2021 3rd round pick
Jurco - 2017 3rd round pick (Keith Petruzzelli)
Nosek - Expansion pickup
Smith - 2017 3rd round pick (Gallant), 2018 2nd round pick (Jonatan Berggren)
Mrazek - 2018 3rd round pick (Seth Barton)

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

It's sad to say that every single one of these players would be an upgrade to our current team...

Not saying I would go back on any of the trades though (except maybe Mrazek). We got a decent enough return on most of these players...

Tatar - 2018 1st round pick (Joe Veleno), 2019 2nd round pick (Robert Mastrosimone), 2021 3rd round pick
Nosek - Expansion pickup

None of those guys would help us be that much better or get us into the playoffs , so it all worked out . id have still kept mrazek as i always thought his ceiling was higher than howard and him being 8 yrs younger always made sense but regardless we’re a rebuilding team so wouldnt be much change for the next few years 

the tatar and smith trades are looking like nice gets for us thus far 

10 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Theyve played simmonds in the top 6 in games

Yeah, tonight, the game they basically sheltered all their best players in, Rooney and Coleman being their most used forwards.

tonight in fact with your gusev in the third line, not my problem you fail to see these things  ... and i mentioned gusev scoring previously which youd have noticed if you werent too busy constantly making excuses

Funny story. Mahomes was on my fantasy team bench. Did you catch big brother this week? That Shannon has no strategy.

oh and if you dont mind refrain yourself from using the r word in the future and trust me thats me being polite

Ur an r-tard

and unlike you i like to watch many sports leagues not just hockey but dont worry about my hockey knowledge  , just keep coming up with more excuses 

r-tard watches cricket, do you need a trophy for that?

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Nosek - Expansion pickup

The Mrazek trade was and is still the one I don’t like. Like you said, the age and the ceiling played in his favor. He certainly had his ups and downs, but f***, they didn’t exactly make it easy on him. I still think the situation was mismanaged between him and Howard and that played into some of the mental and attitude problems. I was actually reminded of it last night when I think Osgood and co. we’re talking about Calgary’s situation and the importance of not having a veteran goalie hanging around and screwing with the confidence of the young guy.

Howard has never been a playoff goalie and you can’t build a winner around that. Mrazek has proven consistently that he has another gear in the playoffs and he’s still really young. I’d feel a lot better about our team right now in the next few years as we improve across the board if we had Mrazek coming into his prime in net. We’re going to be expecting a lot out of a young Larsson once he’s up while many of our other important players have been around for awhile. Mrazek should’ve been a part of that group preparing for the next legit push. Howard is fine, but he wasn’t worth hanging onto when it ultimately compromised the future. 

Edited by gcom007

3 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

The Mrazek trade was and is still the one I don’t like. Like you said, the age and the ceiling played in his favor. He certainly had his ups and downs, but f***, they didn’t exactly make it easy on him. I still think the situation was mismanaged between him and Howard and that played into some of the mental and attitude problems. I was actually reminded of it last night when I think Osgood and co. we’re talking about Calgary’s situation and the importance of not having a veteran goalie hanging around and screwing with the confidence of the young guy.

What? Talbot isn't a vet? Rittich is a rook?

Mrazek played bad because Howards presence upset him?

Good grief

Mrazek was awful after convincing an arbitrator to force the Wings to pay him big money. That's not Howards fault. That's not Hollands fault. That's 100% Mrazeks fault. He's responsible for his own play. No amount of hindsight excuses changes that.

Glad for him that he's seemingly fixed his attitude and play in Carolina, the change of scenery was better for him and us.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah, tonight, the game they basically sheltered all their best players in, Rooney and Coleman being their most used forwards.

Funny story. Mahomes was on my fantasy team bench. Did you catch big brother this week? That Shannon has no strategy.

Ur an r-tard

r-tard watches cricket, do you need a trophy for that?

Arent you a hilarious douchebag

do me a favour and preach your nonsensical bs to someone else 

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

oH nO DoNt CAll mE A DbAg iT HUrTs mY FEeLinGs

Gusev was worth a 2nd and more for NJ

Cope harder

I asked you not to use the r word cause of personal stuff i wont go into and yet you persisted cause yes you are a douchebag who seems to think himself to be some touch s*** on a pc

Your life isnt worth a 2nd rounder , direct your rants elsewhere 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I asked you not to use the r word cause of personal stuff i wont go into and yet you persisted cause yes you are a douchebag who seems to think himself to be some touch s*** on a pc

Your life isnt worth a 2nd rounder , direct your rants elsewhere 

It runs in the family doesn't it? Oh gosh. I didn't realize. I'm so sorry. I didn't know you share genetics with the mentally disabled (is that PC?). Please forgive me. Mods please spare my transgressions.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It runs in the family doesn't it? Oh gosh. I didn't realize. I'm so sorry. I didn't know you share genetics with the mentally disabled (is that PC?). Please forgive me. Mods please spare my transgressions.

Consider yourself lucky to be behind your precious computer 

go hang yourself 

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Consider yourself lucky to be behind your precious computer 

go hang yourself 

? My apology was sincere. Do the christian thing and forgive me. 

EDIT: Christ Steve, your niece has CP, that's a neurological deficiency related to the body, not a mental deficiency you moron. You're the one with the mental deficiency. Hope your niece lives a wonderful life. Hopefully her uncle learns a little about her condition before going full victim over entry level internet banter.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What? Talbot isn't a vet? Rittich is a rook?

Mrazek played bad because Howards presence upset him?

Good grief

Mrazek was awful after convincing an arbitrator to force the Wings to pay him big money. That's not Howards fault. That's not Hollands fault. That's 100% Mrazeks fault. He's responsible for his own play. No amount of hindsight excuses changes that.

Glad for him that he's seemingly fixed his attitude and play in Carolina, the change of scenery was better for him and us.

I’m not saying he didn’t make his bed in many ways, but Howard and Mrazek definitely had animosity and Howard didn’t exactly help make anything a smooth transition; it was clear he was butthurt and not team-first in plenty of interviews. Great example for Mrazek in his young career and exactly what he needs to be dealing with especially in an overly veteran-friendly organization. 

And the point was Rittich is clearly the starter and Talbot the backup. No confusion. No ******* with confidence. I think it’s all a little ridiculous too, but you hear that s*** all the time from hockey people and goalies in particular, and watching enough butthurt Howard interviews back in the day it was pretty obvious that locker room was in a weird place. Mrazek did s*** the bed (Howard has been plenty good at s***ting the bed for extended periods too lest we forget and again, has done jack s*** in the playoffs) for awhile and ultimately he takes the brunt of the grief because he got the big deal and fans love to turn on young players that aren’t perfect/Lindstrom, but our ******* vet goalie cried to the media and bemoaned that he was clearly and consistently outplayed instead of accepting his fate as a backup and being a good example. Two guys being selfish.

Both pulled out of their funks at different times, so good on that, but Howard’s not a gamer and is old. Mrazek returned to form before we traded him, and then we let him go for basically nothing. When we’ve got nothing to lose and we can likely keep him cheap, we should’ve kept him as opposed to trading him. Let Howard finally move on; he has no place in our future at this point whereas Mrazek had potential to be our next-gen goalie and a good if not great one at that. It was a dumb hockey move for the team. Even if he hadn’t returned to form like he has, it’s still worth the gamble given where the whole team is at and his potential upside.

And we have Howard and Bernier and are generally terrible on any given night while Hurricanes made a deep run and are off to a great start; not sure how that played out as better for us.