• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

$7 Faulk ---> $4 Gardiner + $3 Edmundson + rookie Bean is a downgrade.

If you don't understand that I can't help you.

Maybe you think Bean will be better than Faulk somewhere down the road? If that's the case, cool, but for now it's a pretty clear downgrade.

They should have. That's my entire point.

You can say it as many times as you like. Doesn't change that he's a bottom pair D.

Didn't say they don't have a good D core. Said they downgraded it. And I think that was unnecessary.

Ok

They would have gotten a much better return if the player was under contract.

Do you have ADD by chance?

They literally saddled themselves with Marleau, which they could have paid to Faulk.

Faulk = $4.156

Gardiner = $4.050
Edmundson = $3.100

I'm no math wizard but it sure seems like they're paying more for two worse Dmen. If you include Marleau it's a lot worse.

Next year:

Faulk = $6.500

Gardiner = $4.050

If you assume Edmundson walks, then the deal now is widdled to Faulk for Bokk. And again the Canes better hope Bokk is a very good player.

Don’t know how to make the reply’s all fancy like you guys so this is how you get it

- downgrade  in your opinion which I disagree with , if you can’t understand that then I can’t help you

- they didn’t wanna lock him up longterm , and I wouldn’t have . That’s my point

- he was under contract when they made the deal , it’s called a sign and trade which is why bokk was involved in the deal 

- Faulk was signed for this year , so his new deal would have had nothing to do with marleau trade which only applies to this season so I don’t know why your bringing this up

- they’re paying 500 k for an extra body and Faulk and Gardner have similar offensive numbers so I’d say they come out ahead , you don’t and that’s fine . Again Patrick marleau has f*** all to do with this besides adding a #1 pick for next draft , his salary has no bearing on anything 

- if edmundson walks he walks , I’m sure Carolina signed Gardner to replace Faulk to begin with who’s been on the trade market for a while now, anyways again you don’t like the move that’s all good 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Those are some lofty expectations... So IF they (Mantha and Athanasiou) did put up that sort of production, what sort of contract do YOU think they'd be worth?

If they get 70-80 I expect AA to be a handful and get dealt , mantha I can see getting a boeser type deal and landing like 6-7 aav x3 And being a Ufa unless we’re comfortable with him and think he’s part of the future then I don’t think we shouldnt care that Larkin is making 6(we shouldn’t expect anyone to not make over 6 now for the next 4 years)Anne just give him 7/8 x 7/8 

24 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

And that should change in the next couple seasons as we continue to get younger. Seider, Hronek and Cholowski should definitely help in that regard.

All good puckmovers. Now we just need three more of them.

Edited by Akakabuto

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Don’t know how to make the reply’s all fancy like you guys so this is how you get it

Quote. Delete what you don't want to quote. Quote again. Continue as needed. It's really not hard.

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

- downgrade  in your opinion which I disagree with , if you can’t understand that then I can’t help you

Lol how is 2 lesser tier Dmen not a downgrade over a higher tier one? Again, they didn't need Edmundson either.

12 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

- they didn’t wanna lock him up longterm , and I wouldn’t have . That’s my point

Which is fine. But your shooting yourself in the foot on value by doing this.

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

- he was under contract when they made the deal , it’s called a sign and trade which is why bokk was involved in the deal

Yeah I oopsed for a sec there. This makes the deal even more sad. If Bokk is all you can get for a $7 million tier Dman, you're making bad deals.

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

- they’re paying 500 k for an extra body

What? Edmundson + Gardiner is costing them a lot more than Faulk is costing STL this year.

If Edmundson walks next year Carolina traded Faulk for Bokk straight up. That's like trading Fowler for Berggren straight up. It's robbery.

19 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Faulk and Gardner have similar offensive numbers so I’d say they come out ahead

Why do you think Faulk just signed a $7 mil long term deal, and Gardiner signed a $4 mil 3 year deal?

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If they get 70-80 I expect AA to be a handful and get dealt , mantha I can see getting a boeser type deal and landing like 6-7 aav x3 And being a Ufa unless we’re comfortable with him and think he’s part of the future then I don’t think we shouldnt care that Larkin is making 6(we shouldn’t expect anyone to not make over 6 now for the next 4 years)Anne just give him 7/8 x 7/8 

I'm not saying they won't get more than Larkin because no one should get more than Larkin. I just don't think they will get more than Larkin. Unless, like I mentioned, Mantha has a monster season, he might get around $6.5M. I don't see him (or any of our RFA's) getting any more than that though.

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

All good puckmovers. Now we just need three more of them.

DeKeyser is more of the steady, shut-down guy for one of those guys, but he's not terrible at getting the puck up ice. Bowey is a good puck mover. Maybe McIsaac will be the sixth guy in another couple years...

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If Edmundson walks next year Carolina traded Faulk for Bokk straight up. That's like trading Fowler for Berggren straight up. It's robbery.

I'd do it...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not saying they won't get more than Larkin because no one should get more than Larkin. I just don't think they will get more than Larkin. Unless, like I mentioned, Mantha has a monster season, he might get around $6.5M. I don't see him (or any of our RFA's) getting any more than that though.

DeKeyser is more of the steady, shut-down guy for one of those guys, but he's not terrible at getting the puck up ice. Bowey is a good puck mover. Maybe McIsaac will be the sixth guy in another couple years...

I'd do it...

Ericsson + Berggren for Faulk. DO YOU DO IT???

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not saying it's unreasonable to project those sort of numbers. They absolutely could get there, but everything would need to go right for all three.

I just wanted to know IF they did reach those point totals, what @LeftWinger would think is fair value. He seems to be way off on what market value is in the NHL today...

I am way off on market value, I just don't think a player who only has topped 50 points once deserves $7M per year. But again, I am off the market.

IF BOTH AA and Mantha topped 70 points, I see no reason why they won't ask for and expect $7M AAV.  I'm hoping more for around $5M to $5.5M for each of them. 

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I am way off on market value, I just don't think a player who only has topped 50 points once deserves $7M per year. But again, I am off the market.

IF BOTH AA and Mantha topped 70 points, I see no reason why they won't ask for and expect $7M AAV.  I'm hoping more for around $5M to $5.5M for each of them. 

*topped 70 points*. 77 to be exact. Nearly a point per game player as a 20-21 year old... That's a great contract for the Flames, and should only look better over the next few seasons.

There's a big difference in a 25 year old putting up that sort of production, especially after never topping 50(55) points in a season previously. I think if either of Mantha or Athanasiou score in the 70 point range, they'll get a contract in the $5.5-6.5M range...

40 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

*topped 70 points*. 77 to be exact. Nearly a point per game player as a 20-21 year old... That's a great contract for the Flames, and should only look better over the next few seasons.

and then he will  be 24 and negotiating a contract for all his prime years. his salary in the third year of the current contract will be $9M. That looks like the next $100M deal to me, if he keeps going on.

44 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

There's a big difference in a 25 year old putting up that sort of production, especially after never topping 50(55) points in a season previously. I think if either of Mantha or Athanasiou score in the 70 point range, they'll get a contract in the $5.5-6.5M range...

as long as we can keep them for $7M or less, depending on performence, I´m fine with it. Mantha is a beast and it looks like he has figured it out finally. Strong end to the season, real good WC and in preseason he looks as good as before. He is using his real good shot more often and seems to be even stronger than last year. AA is a different type but still a beast in his way. He tears apart defenses in his own way. I love both and would love to see them signing 8 year deals.

43 minutes ago, ely s said:

and then he will  be 24 and negotiating a contract for all his prime years. his salary in the third year of the current contract will be $9M. That looks like the next $100M deal to me, if he keeps going on.

as long as we can keep them for $7M or less, depending on performence, I´m fine with it. Mantha is a beast and it looks like he has figured it out finally. Strong end to the season, real good WC and in preseason he looks as good as before. He is using his real good shot more often and seems to be even stronger than last year. AA is a different type but still a beast in his way. He tears apart defenses in his own way. I love both and would love to see them signing 8 year deals.

In 3 years there'll be a new CBA, and a new 'MURICA tv deal...A lot can change with both...But yeah - all of these guys who signed 3 yr deals - they're likely to make out like bandits.

The Canes remind me of the Cats under Gallant. It was Gallant's 2nd year and they won their division after missing the playoffs the year prior (WOW). They made a buncha changes in the off-season and appeared to be a better team on paper. But there was no chemistry and they were dog s***. Gallant got his ass canned quickly.

Carolina has lost Williams (their captain) and one of their best defensemen in Faulk (asst captain). And in general have made a buncha changes after a promising year.

Watch them be trash WATCH

Not NHL news but KHL...

McTavish got fired by Lokomotiv after only 8 KHL games already

1569398294530.jpg

16 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It's funny cuz I think Bergevin would pull the trigger on a Drouin-for-Mantha swap. If Mantha's on any of the other 29 teams in the league, that deal probably happens.

Of course he would... That would be a terrible trade for us... Luckily Yzerman isn't that dumb.