3. J. Eberle (Oilers - RW): Goals: 1, Assists: 0

:huh:

That is just ridiculous.

Apparently, this is the 3 Stars list -

1. P. Datsyuk (Red Wings - C): Goals: 0, Assists: 0

2. N. Khabibulin (Oilers - G): Saves: 25, Save Pct.: .893

Wait. No RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS?! That's fkin ridiculous!

Apparently, this is the 3 Stars list -

1. P. Datsyuk (Red Wings - C): Goals: 0, Assists: 0

2. N. Khabibulin (Oilers - G): Saves: 25, Save Pct.: .893

Yeah, I saw that and was like "What the f... ohh who cares? We won." But seriously, did they just pick these names out of a hat or something?

My theory is that the "stars" were picked by Edmonton media, and they don't know any other Wing players' name besides Datsyuk. Miller is too hard to spell, perhaps? I've seen worse bias, but not lately. Like you said, who cares, we won. :hehe:

My theory is that the "stars" were picked by Edmonton media, and they don't know any other Wing players' name besides Datsyuk. Miller is too hard to spell, perhaps? I've seen worse bias, but not lately. Like you said, who cares, we won. :hehe:

Funny thing is that Datsyuk is harder to spell than Miller.

since 96/97 the blues have only won 5 playoff series.

since 96/97 the wings have only won 4 stanely cups.

suck it, blue troll

I'm not sure what stats from 15 years ago have to do with this year...but whatever floats your boat.

You know, it's funny...

Quite often when I get into a discussion about blues vs. wings with a Wings fan, the Wings fan almost always brings up past stanley cup wins from years ago as some kind of trump card to win any discussion, as if that somehow means anything when discussing this season.

It's no Stanley Cup prize, but I guess I could bring up the 1991 1st round playoff series between the Blues and Wings when the Blues overcame a 3 games to 1 deficit to win 4 games to 3. I can play that game too...but I'd rather not. I'm kind of more interested in this season right now. But if you want to talk about how successful a franchise has been, then you've got me. Detroit has had tons of playoff success and the Blues have not. What else do you want to hear?

Do you want a congratulations from me? Yay you. Happy for you and your team. Congrats.

Now that the ridiculous, obligatory tangent conversation is out of the way...maybe we can talk about this year now?

Oh, and I'm not a troll. I've been here longer than you have...just an FYI.

With the Blues taking the first two vs. Detroit this year, I'm very much looking forward to the two games the Blues have against the Wings next week. Both teams are pretty much dead even in the standings. I can't remember the last time the Blues started off the season 4-0 against the Wings. I'd be very happy with a split though...we'll see how it goes.

Being a Blues fan, you must be unfamiliar with the way hockey works. The Wings have a game in hand on your team, and your team is only one point ahead. Ergo, your lead is an illusion because of that game in hand.

A few years ago the Blues were off to a nice start and were one point down to Detroit with a game or two in hand...something like that.

I was mocked and ridiculed here for even bringing up "games in hand", like it was some ridiculous, wacky theory.

Interesting.

I don't think Blues fans are familiar with things such as playoff success as they hadn't witnessed any. The Blues fans beat the Wins 2 times and they think they just won the Cup lol!

I can't remember the last time the Blues were relevant at this point in the season?

It's been a few years...but good Lord. What are you, 14?

You act like the Blues haven't had a good in your lifetime.

A team underachieves/sucks for a few years, then starts a rebuild, and some people quickly forget the great teams they had in the late 90's and early 00's.

The Blues are relevant this year and so far look like a solid playoff team, running neck and neck with Detroit. It's exciting because it's been a few years. Lots of hockey left, so we'll see what happens.

Excuse me for talking about it. I thought you guys talked hockey here? :lol:

It's been a few years...but good Lord. What are you, 14?

You act like the Blues haven't had a good in your lifetime.

A team underachieves/sucks for a few years, then starts a rebuild, and some people quickly forget the great teams they had in the late 90's and early 00's.

The Blues are relevant this year and so far look like a solid playoff team, running neck and neck with Detroit. It's exciting because it's been a few years. Lots of hockey left, so we'll see what happens.

Excuse me for talking about it. I thought you guys talked hockey here? :lol:

Not always. Wing's fans are generally insecure. it's why we flame other fanbases and get into heated debates about our 7th and 8th DMan or 14th forward. You've been here long enough, how do you not know this?

A few years ago the Blues were off to a nice start and were one point down to Detroit with a game or two in hand...something like that.

I was mocked and ridiculed here for even bringing up "games in hand", like it was some ridiculous, wacky theory.

Interesting.

Was that the thread you made during the beginning of the season where you were pimping the Blues hot start?

I remember that. Then the Blues took a nose dive and were never to be heard from again.

Just man up to the fact your little quip was incredibly weak.

Interesting.

Well, it's like comparing apples to oranges. For instance, St.Louis does not have a winning history. Ergo, games in hand didn't really matter, they weren't likely to win those games. The Wings, however, generally win, and so games in hand are much more likely to be won than lost, making games in hand relevant for the Wings.