• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

1/16 GDT : Sabres 0 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I'm not doing any GDT details, I just wanted us to have a place to banter about today's game. It felt like something was missing. HT001, feel free to make your own GDT and then the mods can delete/merge this one.

Let's Go Wings! Set that club record on the way to #12!

Edited by rrasco

sabres1971-1996_thumb.gif@ redwings_thumb.gif

NHL.com Preview

SABRES (19-20-5) at RED WINGS (28-15-1)

TV: MSG-Buffalo, FS-Detroit

LAST 10: Buffalo 3-5-2; Detroit 7-3-0

(...)

Injury Report: Few on Buffalo's bench have avoided the injury bug. Brayden McNabb (concussion) and Robyn Regehr (upper body) are questionable for Monday's game. Christian Ehrhoff (upper body), Andrej Sekera (upper body), Colin Stuart (lower body), Tyler Ennis (left ankle) and Corey Tropp (upper body) are on injured reserve. … Detroit's Mike Commodore (bruised left ankle) is questionable, while Patrick Eaves (broken jaw) is out indefinitely.

Stat Pack: A trip to Detroit is a homecoming for Miller, who is expected to get the start in the state where he grew up and starred for Michigan State. However, Miller is just 2-5-2 with a 3.30 goals-against average in nine career matchups with Detroit. He's also struggled on the road, losing his last six decisions with a 3.45 GAA.

TSN.ca Gameday

Who's Hot

Pavel Datsyuk - 6 pts in last 4 GP

Valtteri Filppula - 7 pts in last 6 GP

Patrick Kaleta - 3 pts in last 2 GP

Paul Gaustad - 2 pts in last 2 GP

Who's Cold

Niklas Kronwall - 0 pts in last 4 GP

Dan Cleary - 2 pts in last 9 GP

Derek Roy - 2 pts in last 7 GP

Brad Boyes - 0 pts in last 6 GP

Drew Stafford - 0 pts in last 5 GP

THE CENTRAL DIVISION LOGJAM (updated)

Team GP W-L-OT P L10 STREAK

STL 45 27-12-6 60 6-2-2 WON 2

CHI 46 27-13-6 60 4-4-2 WON 1

DET 45 29-15-1 59 7-3-0 WON 3

NSH 45 26-15-4 56 8-2-0 WON 5

1/16

NSH @ NYI 3-1

BUF @ DET 0-5

DAL @ STL 0-1

MLive

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Filppula-Zetterberg-Hudler

Miller-Helm-Cleary

Emmerton-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Kindl-Ericsson

Howard (starting)

Conklin

Jan Mursak is a healthy scratch. Mike Commodore (sore foot) said he's close and would probably be available to play Tuesday in Dallas.

Matchup of Miller brothers a subplot as Red Wings seek club record win streak at home

Drew Miller’s Detroit Red Wings can do something special tonight. But Miller’s older brother might be standing in the way.

The Red Wings can establish a club record with their 15th consecutive victory at home, against the Buffalo Sabres, who are expected to start Ryan Miller in goal.

It would be the fourth time the siblings, who grew up in East Lansing and played at Michigan State (but not together), have faced each other in the NHL.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game winning streak (1 overtime, 1 shootout)

Home: 14-game winning streak (3 shutouts, 1 shootout)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Buffalo

Overall: 1-game winning streak (1 overtime, 1 shootout)

Home: 2-game winning streak (1 overtime)

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 7W-3L

Home: 10W-0L

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. Buffalo

Overall: 8W-1L-1OTL-1SOL

Home: 7W-2L-0OTL-1SOL

Home Games / Away Games

This is the last of a three consecutive home games

Record v. Buffalo

All-time, Overall

115G: 49W-52L-13T-0RT-0OTL-1SOL

All-time, Home v. Buffalo

58G: 34W-18L-5T-0RT-0OTL-1SOL

Season Record v. Buffalo

This is the last game, of two v. Buffalo this season. The Club's record in the previous game:

1W

This is the only home game v. Buffalo this season

Record on this Day

January 16

This is the 35th regular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 34 games:

13W-11L-9T--0RT-0OTL-1SOL

This is the 2nd regular-season game v. Buffalo played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous game:

0W-1L

LGW.

I have actually liked the way Emmerton has played when he gets in but I would definitely rather see Mursak with his speed and skating ability. I am sure he will play tomorrow because of the back to back. Hopefully the team isn't thinking about the record as much as we are because that could end badly. LGW!

Cannot wait for this one!

Couple reasons to win today:

1. Will break our record for most consecutive home wins (unless I missed something).

2. Will have 59 points, almost 10 clear of the final play-off spot in the Western conference.

3. We have the most talented forward - Todd said so and he has a Stanley Cup.

4. Duh, "WINNING!"

Red Wing 'till I die.

It absolutely drives me mad that CHI and STL are ahead of us because of OTL points.

I feel you completely, I'm really starting to miss the good old days when Ties existed.

I'll predict this one 5-3 in the Wings favor, in a fast paced and slightly lapsed defensive effort on both ends.

It absolutely drives me mad that CHI and STL are ahead of us because of OTL points.

Precisely why I've been advocating a complete overhaul of the points system, though I was doing that before this season. There shouldn't be any reason for points awarded to a loss in OT, since there should be no points awarded for any loss, whether it's regulation or otherwise. That's an entirely different thread however, and I don't mean to thread jack.

LET'S GO WINGS! BEAT BUFFALO!

Precisely why I've been advocating a complete overhaul of the points system, though I was doing that before this season. There shouldn't be any reason for points awarded to a loss in OT, since there should be no points awarded for any loss, whether it's regulation or otherwise. That's an entirely different thread however, and I don't mean to thread jack.

No worries. I completely agree. I don't care which one, but get rid of the extra point for a loss OR give an extra point for regulation wins. Be consistent. I never liked it, but to have it actually affecting our standings based on absurdity...is bothersome to say the least.

Guest irishock

I rather the league just get rid of the point system altogether and have W/L decide the standings.

I rather the league just get rid of the point system altogether and have W/L decide the standings.

This would be much better AND much smarter, but if it's something that will help improve the game, or make it more equitable, it ain't gonna happen. Sucks for the fans.

This should be an interesting match up. I'd love to see Miller score on Miller haha, he needs to get it done at least once for us all to see! Here's to the #15 straight home win for the Red Wings. I'd like to say it'll be an easy win but we all know how there are hardly any easy wins nowadays. Here's for our top guns + miller to step it up and also for Howard to show Miller what it means to be an allstar :P

Red Wings 5 (Datsyuk, Franzen, Bertuzzi, Filppula, Miller)

Sabres 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!