• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#1 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

I'm not doing any GDT details, I just wanted us to have a place to banter about today's game. It felt like something was missing. HT001, feel free to make your own GDT and then the mods can delete/merge this one.

Let's Go Wings! Set that club record on the way to #12!

Edited by rrasco, 16 January 2012 - 01:33 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#2 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

Posted Image @ Posted Image

NHL.com Preview

SABRES (19-20-5) at RED WINGS (28-15-1)

TV: MSG-Buffalo, FS-Detroit

LAST 10: Buffalo 3-5-2; Detroit 7-3-0

(...)

Injury Report: Few on Buffalo's bench have avoided the injury bug. Brayden McNabb (concussion) and Robyn Regehr (upper body) are questionable for Monday's game. Christian Ehrhoff (upper body), Andrej Sekera (upper body), Colin Stuart (lower body), Tyler Ennis (left ankle) and Corey Tropp (upper body) are on injured reserve. … Detroit's Mike Commodore (bruised left ankle) is questionable, while Patrick Eaves (broken jaw) is out indefinitely.

Stat Pack: A trip to Detroit is a homecoming for Miller, who is expected to get the start in the state where he grew up and starred for Michigan State. However, Miller is just 2-5-2 with a 3.30 goals-against average in nine career matchups with Detroit. He's also struggled on the road, losing his last six decisions with a 3.45 GAA.

TSN.ca Gameday

Who's Hot

Pavel Datsyuk - 6 pts in last 4 GP
Valtteri Filppula - 7 pts in last 6 GP

Patrick Kaleta - 3 pts in last 2 GP
Paul Gaustad - 2 pts in last 2 GP

Who's Cold

Niklas Kronwall - 0 pts in last 4 GP
Dan Cleary - 2 pts in last 9 GP

Derek Roy - 2 pts in last 7 GP
Brad Boyes - 0 pts in last 6 GP
Drew Stafford - 0 pts in last 5 GP

THE CENTRAL DIVISION LOGJAM (updated)

Team GP W-L-OT P L10 STREAK
STL 45 27-12-6 60 6-2-2 WON 2
CHI 46 27-13-6 60 4-4-2 WON 1
DET 45 29-15-1 59 7-3-0 WON 3
NSH 45 26-15-4 56 8-2-0 WON 5

1/16
NSH @ NYI 3-1
BUF @ DET 0-5
DAL @ STL 0-1

MLive

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Filppula-Zetterberg-Hudler
Miller-Helm-Cleary
Emmerton-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Stuart
Kindl-Ericsson

Howard (starting)
Conklin

Jan Mursak is a healthy scratch. Mike Commodore (sore foot) said he's close and would probably be available to play Tuesday in Dallas.

Matchup of Miller brothers a subplot as Red Wings seek club record win streak at home

Drew Miller’s Detroit Red Wings can do something special tonight. But Miller’s older brother might be standing in the way.

The Red Wings can establish a club record with their 15th consecutive victory at home, against the Buffalo Sabres, who are expected to start Ryan Miller in goal.

It would be the fourth time the siblings, who grew up in East Lansing and played at Michigan State (but not together), have faced each other in the NHL.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 16 January 2012 - 10:43 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#3 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

Current Streaks
Regular-Season Streaks
Overall: 2-game winning streak (1 overtime, 1 shootout)
Home: 14-game winning streak (3 shutouts, 1 shootout)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Buffalo
Overall: 1-game winning streak (1 overtime, 1 shootout)
Home: 2-game winning streak (1 overtime)

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season
Overall: 7W-3L
Home: 10W-0L

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. Buffalo
Overall: 8W-1L-1OTL-1SOL
Home: 7W-2L-0OTL-1SOL

Home Games / Away Games
This is the last of a three consecutive home games

Record v. Buffalo
All-time, Overall
115G: 49W-52L-13T-0RT-0OTL-1SOL

All-time, Home v. Buffalo
58G: 34W-18L-5T-0RT-0OTL-1SOL

Season Record v. Buffalo
This is the last game, of two v. Buffalo this season. The Club's record in the previous game:
1W

This is the only home game v. Buffalo this season

Record on this Day
January 16
This is the 35th regular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 34 games:
13W-11L-9T--0RT-0OTL-1SOL

This is the 2nd regular-season game v. Buffalo played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous game:
0W-1L

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#4 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

It absolutely drives me mad that CHI and STL are ahead of us because of OTL points.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#5 MacAttack25

MacAttack25

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

Can we please get Mursak in for Emmerton?

#6 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Let's Go Wings. Miller with a hattie on Miller.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#7 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

Wish I could go to this one, I like both of the Miller brothers but I have to hope Drew has a better night...sorry Ryan :P

Since it's a home game we have a good record going right now, hopefully we'll add to it tonight.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#8 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Let's Go Wings. Miller with a hattie on Miller.

:D

This would make for some interesting family gatherings in the future, wouldn't it?

Sorry, little Sabres... you must lose tonight. Go, Wings!!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#9 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Buffalo's projected lineup:

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville
Leino-Boyes-Adam
Gerbe-Roy-Stafford
Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

Weber-Myers
Sekera-Leopold
Gragnani-Finley

Vanek and Sekera are game time decisions.

Set that record! LGW!
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#10 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

Let's go Wings.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#11 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Not liking the line of Emmerton - Abs - Homer

Whoever said get Mursak in there, I completely agree.

#12 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Ya how the hell is emmerton over Mursak?? Who cares about the whole center thing ... Abby centers that line most of time, bad move Babs emmerton time is up brings nothing to our team. Mursak is great!

#13 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

I have actually liked the way Emmerton has played when he gets in but I would definitely rather see Mursak with his speed and skating ability. I am sure he will play tomorrow because of the back to back. Hopefully the team isn't thinking about the record as much as we are because that could end badly. LGW!

#14 Crveni

Crveni

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Cannot wait for this one!

Couple reasons to win today:

1. Will break our record for most consecutive home wins (unless I missed something).

2. Will have 59 points, almost 10 clear of the final play-off spot in the Western conference.

3. We have the most talented forward - Todd said so and he has a Stanley Cup.

4. Duh, "WINNING!"

Red Wing 'till I die.

#15 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

"Wings feast on Buffalo"

Wings win pretty easily, but Kassian is gonna beast tonight. Kid is so talented and huge.

#16 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

It absolutely drives me mad that CHI and STL are ahead of us because of OTL points.

I feel you completely, I'm really starting to miss the good old days when Ties existed.

I'll predict this one 5-3 in the Wings favor, in a fast paced and slightly lapsed defensive effort on both ends.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#17 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Precisely why I've been advocating a complete overhaul of the points system, though I was doing that before this season. There shouldn't be any reason for points awarded to a loss in OT, since there should be no points awarded for any loss, whether it's regulation or otherwise. That's an entirely different thread however, and I don't mean to thread jack.

LET'S GO WINGS! BEAT BUFFALO!

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#18 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

Precisely why I've been advocating a complete overhaul of the points system, though I was doing that before this season. There shouldn't be any reason for points awarded to a loss in OT, since there should be no points awarded for any loss, whether it's regulation or otherwise. That's an entirely different thread however, and I don't mean to thread jack.

No worries. I completely agree. I don't care which one, but get rid of the extra point for a loss OR give an extra point for regulation wins. Be consistent. I never liked it, but to have it actually affecting our standings based on absurdity...is bothersome to say the least.

#19 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

I rather the league just get rid of the point system altogether and have W/L decide the standings.

bringit.jpg

#20 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

I rather the league just get rid of the point system altogether and have W/L decide the standings.

This would be much better AND much smarter, but if it's something that will help improve the game, or make it more equitable, it ain't gonna happen. Sucks for the fans.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor