• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yes I guess I do, because I honestly don't see the similarity between any of Datsyuk's moves vs. basically standing infront of the net laterally deking out a goalie for 3 seconds.

Kane's pace dramatically dropped (obviously in attempt to get Backstrom moving backwards faster than he would normally to create more open space) but he never stopped moving forward. Just because he slowed down from a sprint to a crawl doesn't mean he wasn't moving forward. He always was, same as Datsyuk.

Both goals are fine.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#22 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

It's an inherent problem with a fabricated event like the shootout. You end up having to split hairs about what's allowable or not.

Several players, including Bert have scored on the spinorama where they're not only at a full stop, but they've run right into the goalie as they jam it in on the backhand (Bert's goal last night wasn't an example). To me, that's worse than coming to an almost complete stop like Kane did. What he did would just never happen in a game because someone would knock you into next week.

#23 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

What if they had the shootouts so that the attempt wasn't dead until the goalie froze the puck? Ugh... It'd be like a dunk contest. Fail after fail after fail.