• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

Released this info at his presser after a BOG meeting in Ottawa. Looks like an attempt to keep a team in Columbus.

#2 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

boring...I bet guys are gonna be jumping at the opportunity for a weekend in Columbus.. :thumbdown:

Time to change it up again - this whole draft thing is played out. I don't even watch the all-star game, the only thing worth tuning in to is the skills challenge.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#3 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,956 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

The good news is there aren't enough Blue Jackets fans to stuff the ballots and vote 4 or 5 of their players into the game.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#4 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

Gotta make up for lost revenue somehow. Wouldn't be surprised if its in Phoenix in 2014.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#5 Detroit40oz

Detroit40oz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

I would definitely drive 3.5 hours down to Columbus for the fan festivities, and maybe even get some game tickets if they aren't incredibly expensive.

I get that the outcome of the game doesn't really matter, but it looks like a good time that's worth such a short drive.

Even if you only do the fan fest.

Red Wings fans in Southeast MI have a solid opportunity to experience both the Winter Classic and the ASG in the same year.

I think this s*** is Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Yea but...who cares.

The B.J.'s will finally get a sell out.
Do or do not. There is no try

#7 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Gotta make up for lost revenue somehow. Wouldn't be surprised if its in Phoenix in 2014.

And then Atlanta 2015!.. Oh.. wait.. :ph34r:

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#8 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Is Detroit ever going to host the ASG again? Last time they did was the year Joe Louis Arena opened. I wasn't even born yet. I mean, wouldn't something like that be a nice boon to the city's economy?

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#9 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Is Detroit ever going to host the ASG again? Last time they did was the year Joe Louis Arena opened. I wasn't even born yet. I mean, wouldn't something like that be a nice boon to the city's economy?

Not many outside of Red Wing nation understand the magical quality of The Joe. Unless it is renovated, you probably won't see another ASG in our house. :(

#10 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

So Rick Nash is pretty much guaranteed to be one of the captains next year.

#11 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yeah, but then we'd have people thinking:

boring...I bet guys are gonna be jumping at the opportunity for a weekend in Columbus.. :thumbdown:

You know, except about detroit.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#12 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

Bettman is clueless. Stop trying to force hockey down the throats of non hockey towns. What a waste. The league should be cutting 10 teams anyways and moving the good players to the rest of the teams. Talent is stretched and the NHL is not in a position to be this large.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#13 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, but then we'd have people thinking:

You know, except about detroit.

Yeah, but there's fun and interesting things to do in Detroit. Especially along the riverfront. My uncle (mom's brother) lives in Columbus and we go up there often to see him - there is f*** all to do there. Seriously. It's not that exciting a place. I can see people not that jazzed up about going to Columbus, Ohio.....but it's not like Detroit is Lincoln, Nebraska in comparison.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#14 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

How embarrassing would it be if the host the game and don't send any players to it? Yikes.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#15 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

Time to change it up again - this whole draft thing is played out. I don't even watch the all-star game, the only thing worth tuning in to is the skills challenge.

Columbus is the Paris of Ohio.

Did I say Paris, I said meant to say hell of Ohio. And Ohio is the hell of America.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#16 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

So what does that make Toledo?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#17 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

Next stop: Glendale. But, they better hurry!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#18 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

So what does that make Toledo?

America's anus?

Either way, I'm excited because I'll be in Ohio next year for my final year of grad school. I'll try to get tickets for sure.

Posted Image

#19 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yeah, but there's fun and interesting things to do in Detroit. Especially along the riverfront. My uncle (mom's brother) lives in Columbus and we go up there often to see him - there is f*** all to do there. Seriously. It's not that exciting a place. I can see people not that jazzed up about going to Columbus, Ohio.....but it's not like Detroit is Lincoln, Nebraska in comparison.

Have you spent much time in the city, or have you been confined the suburbs? I've found most of the suburban areas in Columbus (except for a few closer to the city) to be uninteresting. However, the city neighborhoods of Short North (arts district), Arena District (where the arena is), Downtown (the capital), Brewery District, and German Village are excellent. Assuming the players stay near the arena (there are a few nice hotels, and a new Hilton under construction), there will be plenty to do for them within walking distance. Also, there is a large river park that spans much of downtown.

There is a lot to do within the city of Columbus. Shoot me a PM next time you're heading to Columbus and I can give you some suggestions if you want.

#20 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

Typical Bettman trying to save a sinking ship, again.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons