• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#241 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well I'm no expert, but the ice looked horrible. When that happens you can't rely on skill as much and have to get dirty, which the team was not willing to do. It was their last game on the road trip and you could tell the team was just ready to get it over with.

#242 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Not much to say really about that snoozefest of a game, but does anyone else here think Datsyuk is playing hurt? I have this bad feeling his wrist is causing him trouble again.

I think this may have some truth to it, especially since Franzen was taking faceoffs toward the end of the game. :(
I'm offended that you're offended.

#243 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Ericsson was absolutely brutal out there. He turns the puck over constantly in our own end. He can't handle the pressure. Can't make a 10 foot pass, can't hit, can't fight, can't clear out players in the crease. I couldn't believe Babcock had him out there in the last 2 minutes of the game with the amount of turnovers he was producing. You'd think with his size he would be more physical out there, but no. I hope there is some GM out there willing to take him come trade deadline. I cringe every time he has the puck in our zone.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#244 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Ericsson was absolutely brutal out there. He turns the puck over constantly in our own end. He can't handle the pressure. Can't make a 10 foot pass, can't hit, can't fight, can't clear out players in the crease. I couldn't believe Babcock had him out there in the last 2 minutes of the game with the amount of turnovers he was producing. You'd think with his size he would be more physical out there, but no. I hope there is some GM out there willing to take him come trade deadline. I cringe every time he has the puck in our zone.

I bet there's 29 teams that would like Ericsson. Other than the one real bad turn over he wasn't as brutal as everyone makes him out to be.

#245 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

I bet there's 29 teams that would like Ericsson. Other than the one real bad turn over he wasn't as brutal as everyone makes him out to be.

I bet every Leaf fan said the same thing about Finger. He's not bad, but that contract makes him horrible.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#246 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Then you haven't been watching him all that much. I got really tired of comments like yours so I made it a point to watch him during games. He is getting better at everything, including using his body and making better passes. Yeah, he screwed up his passing last night but who didn't (except maybe Lidstrom)? He also had three excellent shots on goal, two of them coming from close to the blue line. More than we can say for most of 'em.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#247 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Then you haven't been watching him all that much. I got really tired of comments like yours so I made it a point to watch him during games. He is getting better at everything, including using his body and making better passes. Yeah, he screwed up his passing last night but who didn't (except maybe Lidstrom)? He also had three excellent shots on goal, two of them coming from close to the blue line. More than we can say for most of 'em.

Exactly. Remember when everyone was on him about his horrible pinches? Well he doesn't really do that too much anymore. Also, he's very good at clearing rebounds. This is something that was necessary for Howard last year, and for McDonald this year.

He's 27 and improving very well.

#248 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

1328634032[/url]' post='2253379']

Sorry. Meant to punch the "plus".

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#249 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,450 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

Sorry. Meant to punch the "plus".

fixed it! and I agree!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever