• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/10 GDT : Ducks 1 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

I'm happy for the two points but the Wings pretty much sucked in that game. They're making a habit of winning ugly (facilitated by the shootout) but I'd really love it if they'd get back to kicking people's s*** in again.

Twenty thumbs up to Joey Mac though.

Yeah the only thing comforting me is that this time of year is usually when the Wings go through their "slump", and as long as they can still keep winning at home and getting some points on the road we'll be fine for when they pick it up again come March.

Great game by Joey Mac!! He is really growing on me- - he never gives up on a play.

Other than that, I thought the Wings played like crap tonight. They were solid on our own zone, but offensively they were lousy and had no pressure. I think it is time for Babs to switch the top 2 lines because clearly they have NO CHEMESTRY lately. The one problem Babs has is he waits too long to switch lines... someone needs to tell him to switch things up to get new energy and flow.

Specifically Franzen and White and Ericsson were all BRUTAL tonight. Franzen was lazy all night and was the worst player on the ice imo and is slowing Pavs down. Ericsson gave the puck away too much and White was fighting the puck, but I am sure White will make up for it.

Also, for the love of god Babcock needs to get the freakin POWERPLAY GOING!!! OMG it is so frustrating to watch! White shoots way too much on the Powerplay so I want him on the 2nd unit and have Kronners with Nick. But the players need to get open for GOOD SHOTS.

All in all they found a way to win, and that is what the best teams do. Hopefully Babs makes some improvements and keep moving forward.

Joey deserves to be our backup for the rest of the season. Thats for sure. Send down Conklin to the Griffins.

Agreed about Joey. What about a Conklin for Carter trade, lol. I'd throw in a draft pitcher and a pound of bacon ;). I've like Conkblocker in the past but Joey has definitely earned the backup spot imho.

You can complain all you want about the reffing but I thought Dan Ohalloran did a good job reffing tonight. Yah he called a lot of penalties, but he was CONSISTENT with his calls. He called a strict game for both teams and I am okay with that. I would obviously prefer refs to be lenient with calls for both teams but how many times do we have games where calls are one-sided and inconsistent. As I have said many times, Dan Ohalloran is one of the most consistent refs in the league.

Agreed about Joey. What about a Conklin for Carter trade, lol. I'd throw in a draft pitcher and a pound of bacon ;). I've like Conkblocker in the past but Joey has definitely earned the backup spot imho.

I suppose if I was dreaming, then I would make that trade and they would accept it. The bacon would seal the deal. :D

Conklin will clear waivers easily and he will provide the Griffins with a veteran NHL goalie. After watching the 5-1 ass-whoopin at Van Andel tonight, they need the help.

Wow. This coming from someone who always has the goalie's back.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to choose the best goalie between Conklin and Joey. Joey has taken the spot easily. Conklin has had his chances, but has not played solid enough to take the spot. Its a no brainer choice.

You can complain all you want about the reffing but I thought Dan Ohalloran did a good job reffing tonight. Yah he called a lot of penalties, but he was CONSISTENT with his calls. He called a strict game for both teams and I am okay with that. I would obviously prefer refs to be lenient with calls for both teams but how many times do we have games where calls are one-sided and inconsistent. As I have said many times, Dan Ohalloran is one of the most consistent refs in the league.

I have to agree. I did not disagree with any of his calls through the game. The Ducks played a solid game tonight, and Joey and the Wings played well. Joey especially. :)

Down to the Griffins?

Just grab a rifle and take him out back.

Hell, the Griffins have zero consistency. Maybe a veteran goalie would be the thing that shakes them up enough. They played a crap game tonight and lost 5-1. I am willing to put a freaking construction cone in the net if it would help light a fire under that team. Its obvious the coach isn't doing his job.

Hmm... How many Wings games have you been?

Not too many (a couple a year), but I was with some good friends I don't see that much, and a shoot out win was pretty sweet when you're with friends.