• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#61 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

I'm honestly not sure where he would end up. But looking at how the Canucks have their money spread out they would have to move Kesler plus someone else or move a lot of depth in order to make up the cap difference. As for Boston again they could do it but future wise it won't make sense to pull the trigger on a trade involving Rask.

I can see the Hawks make an offer. Bye bye Kane & Hjalmarsson(sp). Not sure if Kane's NMC is active until 14-15 or it doesn't kick in until 14-15. Another team is the Leafs! :shifty:

I agree the Leafs would make sense. I'm just not sure they have what Columbus is looking for. Kadri, Schenn, Colbourne, 1st. No potential franchise goalie in their system to offer. It seems team have some of the criteria for a Nash trade. Some have the Cap space and are a Cup contender which Nash would likely be willing to go to (Wings, Bruins). Others have the right pieces to offer such as a young potential franchise goalie (Canucks, Kings, Bruins) and ohers are desperate and would likely be willing to gut their entire franchise for him (Leafs, Kings). Other teams have good young pieces to offer but not the franchise goalie In the end maybe he doesn't get moved until the summer. If I'm Nash, I'd want to go to Detroit. Cup contender each season, class organization and close to home (London, Ontario). However, if I'm Columbus, Detroit is the last place I'd want to deal my franchise player to.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#62 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Zetterberg+ would be the cheapest we could get Nash, so let's not even talk about this.

I think you are off your rocker... No offense. Look at years prior to teams that send away there "franchise player" or a huge asset. They almost never trade a star for star and them some. Perfect example is Kovalchuck; you didn't see the Devils send Elias or Parise or anyone of that stature back to Atlanta (RIP lol). If the Blue Jackets were going to make something happen with Detroit the name Zetterberg wouldn't even come out of anyones mouth during discussions.

EDIT: I forgot to add, teams that usually trade away their top tier talent are 90% of the time going into "rebuild mode". In saying that these teams want young fresh high potential prospects or high end picks to rebuild. Not top talent veterans from the other parties.

Edited by Hockey13Playa, 14 February 2012 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image

#63 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

I don't think this is a sure thing. It's out there, but Nash means a lot to the franchise, even though they are in the s***ter. They're only gonna entertain major offers, IMO.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#64 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

Anyone stop to consider that with the BJs doing so badly this year they will be in for another high draft pick, possibly even first overall? I realize they are a bad organization in a bad spot and Nash has wasted a lot of time there, but still. Help could be on the way.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#65 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

I think you are off your rocker... No offense. Look at years prior to teams that send away there "franchise player" or a huge asset. They almost never trade a star for star and them some. Perfect example is Kovalchuck; you didn't see the Devils send Elias or Parise or anyone of that stature back to Atlanta (RIP lol). If the Blue Jackets were going to make something happen with Detroit the name Zetterberg wouldn't even come out of anyones mouth during discussions.

EDIT: I forgot to add, teams that usually trade away their top tier talent are 90% of the time going into "rebuild mode". In saying that these teams want young fresh high potential prospects or high end picks to rebuild. Not top talent veterans from the other parties.

They said, we want a centerpiece. People who think Franzen would bring Nash here are insane.

I never said I would do it either. I said let's not even talk like it would happen.

The point is they aren't trading Nash unless they are the winners of the trade. Period.

EDIT: Don't talk to me like I don't understand trades, they would enter rebuild mode, but they are in danger of ruining the franchise. THIS IS WHY THEY LOCKED HIM UP LONG TERM. Making the situation different than with Kovalchuk. Check twitter. They want bigger pieces than we have to offer. Franzen and Val aren't big enough. I am just saying that WE DON'T HAVE THE AMMO THEY WANT.

Edited by Majsheppard, 14 February 2012 - 02:46 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#66 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

They said, we want a centerpiece. People who think Franzen would bring Nash here are insane.

I never said I would do it either. I said let's not even talk like it would happen.

The point is they aren't trading Nash unless they are the winners of the trade. Period.

Its understandable they want a centerpiece but that doesn't for sure mean our top guns. A centerpiece could be a high end prospect, 3 first round picks, etc. Just because they said that doesn't mean it has to be a prolific player. But I agree with your second statement. Just not going to happen. Boy do I wish it would though. Nash I think is so under rated. He's on a straight up piece of s*** ass team. If he played with overall better talent, he'd be lights out. Look at him when he played for Canada in the last Olympics. The guy was a complete animal.

EDIT: I never once said you didn't understand trades, I voiced my opinion. Don't get all rattled over it. There team is doomed either way. They are damned if they do trade him and they are damned if they don't.

Edited by Hockey13Playa, 14 February 2012 - 02:48 PM.

Posted Image

#67 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Any deal for Nash will likely contain (2) 1st round picks, if not perceived to be in the top 15, it wont happen.
A team like FL, that might bounce out of the playoffs before the end of the season and might have a good pick next year, as history would prove, would be ideal.

#68 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

LA would most likely have the ammo to do a young guns trade I could see them moving Brown along with a ton of youth.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#69 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

LA would most likely have the ammo to do a young guns trade I could see them moving Brown along with a ton of youth.

Now see, that's kinda what I was trying to say. This trade would be much more likely and reasonable. They have all the pieces it would take to get Nash but I don't see him waiving his NTC to go to LA. I feel like he would want to play in a true hockey market with a huge fan base and a rich history. I could totally be wrong but thats just my own speculation there. But what you said makes perfect sense for the Jackets and LA has the weapons to give for him.

Posted Image

#70 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Its understandable they want a centerpiece but that doesn't for sure mean our top guns. A centerpiece could be a high end prospect, 3 first round picks, etc. Just because they said that doesn't mean it has to be a prolific player. But I agree with your second statement. Just not going to happen. Boy do I wish it would though. Nash I think is so under rated. He's on a straight up piece of s*** ass team. If he played with overall better talent, he'd be lights out. Look at him when he played for Canada in the last Olympics. The guy was a complete animal.

EDIT: I never once said you didn't understand trades, I voiced my opinion. Don't get all rattled over it. There team is doomed either way. They are damned if they do trade him and they are damned if they don't.

Of course he is underrated. He is a huge piece... I don't buy he gets moved unless it is absurd. I see a hockey deal working as well. I still think Jeff Carter is the major thing involved in here.

I still say they move Richards for Carter right now and both teams win. Richards and Nash would be explosive and fix their Offense immediately.

Another interesting move might be Kane for Nash...

I wonder if Bernier, Johnson or Brown, and pieces (meaning big prospects) would do it...

Edited by Majsheppard, 14 February 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#71 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

Now see, that's kinda what I was trying to say. This trade would be much more likely and reasonable. They have all the pieces it would take to get Nash but I don't see him waiving his NTC to go to LA. I feel like he would want to play in a true hockey market with a huge fan base and a rich history. I could totally be wrong but thats just my own speculation there. But what you said makes perfect sense for the Jackets and LA has the weapons to give for him.

I am saying that the Wings don't have the top ready to go talent that LA has to make such a deal.

The Bj's think that they can fix their team fast with such a deal. They are wrong. Yet, they will look for it. I just want to make it clear there is no way such a deal is happening with the Wings.

#72 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Of course he is underrated. He is a huge piece... I don't buy he gets moved unless it is absurd. I see a hockey deal working as well. I still think Jeff Carter is the major thing involved in here.

I still say they move Richards for Carter right now and both teams win. Richards and Nash would be explosive and fix their Offense immediately.

Another interesting move might be Kane for Nash...

I wonder if Bernier, Johnson or Brown, and pieces (meaning big prospects) would do it...

Turn on NHL12 and see if it works!? Lol just kidding. I think that could work. I mean look at the names you mentioned. That would certainly help the Blue Jackets team as a whole. I think if I was the GM of Columbus and LA offered me those three names and some prospects and picks it would be hard to say no. They fix their goaltending, get a solid forward who somewhat replaces an unhappy Nash, a young solid stay at home defenseman and they picks and prospects on top of it to further develop the team. That would be a huge blockbuster.

I am saying that the Wings don't have the top ready to go talent that LA has to make such a deal.

The Bj's think that they can fix their team fast with such a deal. They are wrong. Yet, they will look for it. I just want to make it clear there is no way such a deal is happening with the Wings.

I agree, it won't happen with the wings. We can all have some wishful thinking though! :zzz:

Posted Image

#73 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

The only big plus in trading Franzen for Nash, which seems the popular suggestion, is the 5 year age difference. But Detroit would also have to throw in a top prospect or two, and maybe even a top draft pick. Is that a wise trade? Franzen has 22 goals, Nash, 18. Franzen is proven playoff performer, Nash has 1 goal in 4 games, which, yeah, is not necessarily his fault. I don't know?

I still don't understand why so many people are against Jeff Carter, who is younger, right-handed, has been a more prolific goal scorer over the last three seasons, and who could be had for half of what it would cost to acquire Nash. All because of "character" issues? Give me a break.

Nash is the better all-around player, yes, but Holland would have to work a miracle to get him, and you can say goodbye to Franzen or Filppula, along with Nyguist AND Smith. That's what I would ask for to give him to divisional rival if I were Scott Howson, especially with some of the offers that other teams might make. But Rangers fans are dreamin' if they think Nash can be had for Dubinsky, Kreider and a 1st rounder. Howson would lose his job.

Give 'em Tatar and 1st rounder for Carter, bolstering that second line, move Hudler to the 3rd line, hello Stanley Cup!

^THIS. I don't get why people are willing to sell the farm/blow up our core for an overpriced Nash. Carter could be the biggest steal if we got him. He fills our needs and would be the right price (don't need to sell the farm and future). It would probably take more than Tatar and a 1st but I think its a good start. I'd add Ericsson to the pot as they are interested in Dmen. Nash is too expensive at this point for a winning team to buy and his NTC would still exist in Detroit if things don't work out(which Carter doesn't have). Holland will no doubt be asking about both but I see Carter as they guy that is attainable.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#74 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

i think we're going to see a somewhat underwhelming return for rick nash.

he's never hit 80 points.
he makes 7.8 million until 2018
he has a NTC

it's not worth it to give up a ton.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#75 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Russian sports paper "Sport-Express" reports that the Rangers offered Dubinski+Cryder(sp?)+1st rd pick for Nash. That doesn't look too exorbitant to me.

#76 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Anyway, we won't get Nash for less than Datsyuk + Franzen + Zetterberg + Lidstrom + Kronwall + Nyquist + Smith + Tartar + 2012 1st round pick + 2013 1st round plus Hudler + Ericsson :deal:

you forgot a couple season tickets to the joe. without those, no deal.

#77 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

Russian sports paper "Sport-Express" reports that the Rangers offered Dubinski+Cryder(sp?)+1st rd pick for Nash. That doesn't look too exorbitant to me.

Yeah, but that is an offer... not a deal.

I think if the Rangers were to make a deal they would want more than Dubs. I would imagine they would also want like Del or Staal included and then a first and a prospect.

#78 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Got to think Columbus could command a high price for him...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387786

What a lousy piece of writing. He basically took one fact - that Nash is agreeable to a trade and repeated it in different words 8 times.
Do or do not. There is no try

#79 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Ok, again, Nash would be totally awesome in a Wings sweater, but not if it's gonna affect their chemistry. Sure they need that sniper to help alleviate their road woes plus their power(less) play, but getting Nash would not only have us lose a couple of high end prospects, but a couple of our roster players AND draft picks...

Nash would be great, but I think Holland would go for Selanne and Moen for rentals that wouldn't cost the farm or the chemistry for the playoffs, and then throw the $7.8M at Parise for "for life" and Suter "for life" in July. Of course that would mean if Lidstrom comes back it would have to be around $5M unless the CBA goes off wihtout a hitch and the cap actually goes up, but if Lids comes back at $6.2M again...but this isn't about the cap or the offseason. Nash would be awesome but I think it would cost too much...but stranger things have happened.

Rest assured, if Holland thinks the deal is right, Rick Nash will be in the Winged Wheel come Feb. 27th.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#80 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

i think we're going to see a somewhat underwhelming return for rick nash.

he's never hit 80 points.
he makes 7.8 million until 2018
he has a NTC

it's not worth it to give up a ton.

Rick Nash makes $7.8M/year for the next 6 years and has basically no playoff experience. I like the guy and all but with that contract AND the fact that we would have to send some good players to Columbus in return - no thanks. He's not worth that much.
Do or do not. There is no try