• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/19 GDT : Sharks 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Walkom with another screw job call. Bert was pushed into him. Nice objective call by Pang, if Ed Blowsidsdyck was calling it he'd have been screaming for Bert to get a game misconduct. Look for a 5 on 3 early in the second if Walkom is true to form.

Edited by TheXym

Because of the Packers?

This, and rivalries in baseball as well. Many people from Wisconsin refuse to go to Brewers/Cubs games because of the drunk, vile, obnoxious Cubs fans. When the Brewers were selling out every game the last two months of the season, they actually had a lot of trouble getting people to go to a weekend Cubs series. They get into fights, boo their own players, and can't handle their alcohol. I was actually at a Bucks/Bulls game a couple weeks ago where the Bulls fan behind me was screaming 'DDD ROOSSEEE' during the National Anthem. Others were also booing bucks players when shown on the video board throughout the anthem. The Packers/Bears rivalry obviously also runs deep here, and has been around since the 1920's.

I think the emergence of the Blackhawks has actually lead a lot of people to embrace the Red Wings or Canucks. I don't see that strong of a Blackhawks backing here, unless they are native to Illinois. There's a lot of Red Wings fans here, as well as Predator fans (minor league affiliate here), Capitals, and Penguins fans (they're also on TV all the time).

First of all, I am not surprised by that penalty call on Bert... dont forget the refs always favor the Sharks against the Wings... remember 2010 playoffs.

Anyways as for the game, the Wings played decent in the first, but I think that they can be a lot better than that. The top line did nothing for me. I do not understand why Babcock is so damn hard headed... he put Datsyuk and Zetterberg together last game and that was the only reason we won the game... but then he goes back to the same stale lines for this game. The Red Wings have been playing well in our own zone, but our problem is that we cannot get any good pressure or scoring chances because the lines are stale! Babcock needs to keep Pavs and Hank together!

Its a horrible call if you have instant replay. I can understand why it was called watching it in real time.

I can't.

Goalie was out of the crease by a wide margin and two players were battling hard in front of him and the way the goalie fell was not indicative of a typical goalie interference call.

If he was in his crease and that scenario happened, then maybe I could see the call.

You, sir, are a prophet.

Eddie hates all refs :P

I can't.

Goalie was out of the crease by a wide margin and two players were battling hard in front of him and the way the goalie fell was not indicative of a typical goalie interference call.

If he was in his crease and that scenario happened, then maybe I could see the call.

You do know that the goalie has a privileged area outside the crease correct? Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree. Watching it in real time, I could see how it could have been called.

Darren Pang said it best after it was called. Its a sensitive issue, and that could have been called either way. I understand that.

You know, as much as I loved the Pierre getting Kronwalled idea, I like Walkom getting it better. Hell a cardboard cutout of Kerry Fraser would do a better job. And I say that actually liking Fraser as a ref. His book the Final Call is a good read and his column on TSN.ca is awesome.

You do know that the goalie has a privileged area outside the crease correct? Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree. Watching it in real time, I could see how it could have been called.

Darren Pang said it best after it was called. Its a sensitive issue, and that could have been called either way. I understand that.

People get this misconception that if a goalie is out of the crease, he is fair game. In that situation the goalie was planted for a good 1-2 seconds before bert skates into him. Sadly I have to say it was a good call, because as much as bert was being forced into the goalie, he made no effort to avoid him.