• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Datsyuk out at least 2 weeks

Rate this topic

So Zetterberg to first line and going all out and putting Mursak on the second?

I think Abby might center the second line. Either that or Babcock puts Filpulla at center and moves Cleary into the top 6. Mursak will be on the 4th line more than likely.

Edited by redwingfan19

As a whole, the entire team is contributing more than relying on just a few players.

Criticizing that average is a bit over-the-top.

Sort of just seems like you're in the mood to argue. Miller and Zetterberg scoring more doesn't mean that Datsyuk HAS to score less. It's not a zero sum game. Here's a simple question, do you think he's been as good since the all star break as he was before it?

Edited by kipwinger

Datsyuk probably suffered the same injury I did. It will take minor scope surgery and I was back to full tilt in two weeks. I played on mine for 2 months before the surgery.. I was on crutches for a day and was skating a couple days after. Just took two weeks to feel fully comfortable

sort of just seems like you're in the mood to argue. Here's a simple question, do you think he's been as good since the all star break as he was before it?

I do not really keep track of numbers like you nor do I get to watch every game, but I do know the entire team as a whole is contributing more this year than previous...

In my eyes, it offsets things if a player or players output has diminished... Player(s) goes through slumps and taking a small snippet with the stats like you have is over-the-top in my eyes.

In a perfect world and society, this entire team would be firing on all cylinders and we would winning games with score of 20-0...

See how that is a bit silly? That is how I see your criticism of Pavel especially if he has been playing injured.

Edited by Rivalred

I do not really keep track of numbers like you nor do I get to watch every game, but I do know the entire team as a whole is contributing more this year than previous...

In my eyes, it offsets things if a player or players output has diminished... Player(s) goes through slumps and taking a small snippet with the stats like you have is over-the-top in my eyes.

In a perfect world and society, this entire team would be firing on all cylinders and we would winning games with score of 20-0...

See how that is a bit silly? That is how I see your criticism of Pavel especially if he has been playing injured.

Jesus Christ. The point I've been trying to make from the beginning is that IF he has been playing injured (as we both agree he has), and he's getting it taken care of now, then maybe we'll see his numbers return to over a point a game like they were Nov, Dec, and Jan. It's not a criticism of Datsyuk, its a hope that this will fix what is obviously a (smallish) problem. The fact that the team is playing better should only increase the likelihood of Pavel's scoring. Also, he had more ice time in the last ten games, which should increase his production as well. The fact is that his production is down (slightly), I'd say that this injury is probably having some effect. Now that they're taking care of it, maybe it won't be a problem anymore, which was my point to begin with.

Edited by kipwinger

OK, you quoted my post?

One does not have to pay close attention to the statistics like you have to know if the Wings are playing good hockey or not.

Pavel, rest up and get better bro...

Hope folks do not criticize the way you wipe your ass over the next 2 weeks and keep track if you shake one or two times after using the urinal.

I'm surprised they didn't pull the trigger on having this done during the All Star break. Maybe it wasn't as imminent at that point. But you'd have to think that if it was, they would have done this at the break. In past years they've given much less substantive reasons for not sending players to this event....so I'm guessing that his knee has continued to get worse since the All Star break.

That's a good point, but maybe it was personal preference. The squad is in a pretty comfortable (or at least as comfortable as one can be in the league this season) place in the standings and maybe it wasn't as bad before, so Pav wanted to do it now.

Maybe we should just be happy it's not a concussion! --> Get well soon Patty Eaves! (Or that the injury bug hasn't hit the Wings as bad this year...knock on wood).

I'm surprised they didn't pull the trigger on having this done during the All Star break. Maybe it wasn't as imminent at that point. But you'd have to think that if it was, they would have done this at the break. In past years they've given much less substantive reasons for not sending players to this event....so I'm guessing that his knee has continued to get worse since the All Star break.

If we tried they would have suspended him.

OK, you quoted my post?

One does not have to pay close attention to the statistics like you have to know if the Wings are playing good hockey or not.

Pavel, rest up and get better bro...

Hope folks do not criticize the way you wipe your ass over the next 2 weeks and keep track if you shake one or two times after using the urinal.

Who said they were playing bad? I said Pavel's numbers are down lately, WHICH THEY ARE, and maybe fixing his knee will bring them back up...WHICH WOULD BE GOOD. It's an accurate observation, not a criticism. I'm not exactly sure what your problem is with that, but it's sure as hell maddening that you're continuing on with it.

Edited by kipwinger

Pavel, you will be missed over the next two weeks even though your production has diminished to less than a PPG (point per game) for three weeks out of the shortest month of the year while not finishing up the month, which therefore would screw the final results when comparing an entire full month depending of course how many games where scheduled in previous months and how much ice time you have played in correlation to global warming and the seemingly warm winter.

Guest stinky fish taco

Come on man, keep the faith. The squad's been owning it, as a whole, lately.

it was going to be hard enough to stay ahead of vancouver as it was. the canucks have an easier schedule to finish off the season.

without datsyuk for 2 weeks? no chance.

Cleanups.

And multi-million dollar assets don't visit the doctor you and I go to.

Point taken, but actually they do. Way back in the day, my knee/ankle doctor was also Kirk Gibson's guy. But yes, we most likely do not have access to the same trainers and rehab technology they do.

Arthroscopic (sp?) surgery is just a small incision, then they put a small camera in there to look around for any damage. If there is no (or minimal) damge, recovery can be really fast.

The streak is fun, but i don't want it to wear the guys out before the playofffs. Especially with Dats out, Z will put the extra load on himself.

Edited by T.Low

Damn ... like many of you, didn't see this coming! We can do this ... Jimmy is back, let's hope he plays lights out and steals a few games for us. Z steps up, some of the young ones as well. Most importantly, we need #13 for the playoffs.