• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

Somethings brewin'?

Rate this topic

I know we have all talked about the major players available at the trade deadline and I kinda feel like in the last week or so Holland and the boys have been tidying up loose ends. There is a lot of people available...and detroit, for the 1st time in a long time has some cash to spend. Extending Berts contact and getting Quincey perhaps says to me that the Wings WILL be players on the 27th. We hve heard some discussion about role players like Moen but I have a sneaking suspicion that the organization is looking at someone big ( I am thinking Ryan or Suter)

Now that Joey came in and Stole the show, no need to get a back-up. He has been right here all along. I just have asneaking suspicion that something is brewing!Anyone else get that feeling?

I know we have all talked about the major players available at the trade deadline and I kinda feel like in the last week or so Holland and the boys have been tidying up loose ends. There is a lot of people available...and detroit, for the 1st time in a long time has some cash to spend. Extending Berts contact and getting Quincey perhaps says to me that the Wings WILL be players on the 27th. We hve heard some discussion about role players like Moen but I have a sneaking suspicion that the organization is looking at someone big ( I am thinking Ryan or Suter)

Now that Joey came in and Stole the show, no need to get a back-up. He has been right here all along. I just have asneaking suspicion that something is brewing!Anyone else get that feeling?

Maybe another trade for a forward, but nothing crazy IMO.

I have gotten that same feeling in the past 24 hours with the moves going on with the wings. It just feels like the Quincey trade was a precursor to something else. Maybe I'm just being hopeful that something more is going on but Kenny always seems to make deals that no one is expecting. Even though the Wings have been playing really well and have good chemistry the only thing that matters is getting it done in the post season. We can't afford to lose to the Sharks again this year! I'm sure Kenny has a plan and I do think there will be another move by the deadline.

In a related note my close friend works for the Maple Leafs and I'm not sure where he is getting his info from but he claims the Red Wings have submitted some sort of offer for Grabovski. Have no idea where he heard this and it shouldn't be taken to seriously but just thought that was interesting.

Am i missing something? I know the Wings were interested in gettin Quincey back, but as of now they don't have him do they?

I think the Wings should offer Franzen in a package for a Nash. Nash hustles more and HITS THE NET! For all those who minus this cause Franzen's currently leading the team with 23 goals i think, if he would hit the net with even 20% of his shots he'd be at about 35 right now.

I hope they dump Kindl since they just picked up Quincey but it is always possible that they acquired Quincey just to trade him along in a bigger deal. Other than Kindl, Conklin and maybe some minor league players I really don't want them to get rid of anyone right now. Emerton and Mursak are both doing well and will continue to grow with time. If there is a deal it will most likely be something noone saw coming because that is how Kenny works.

Am i missing something? I know the Wings were interested in gettin Quincey back, but as of now they don't have him do they?

I think the Wings should offer Franzen in a package for a Nash. Nash hustles more and HITS THE NET! For all those who minus this cause Franzen's currently leading the team with 23 goals i think, if he would hit the net with even 20% of his shots he'd be at about 35 right now.

They got him back last night in a 3-way deal with Tampa & Colorado.

Cost a first round pick and some cash i think.

we picked up quincey yesterday, check the pinned thread on the main page.

I have gotten that same feeling in the past 24 hours with the moves going on with the wings. It just feels like the Quincey trade was a precursor to something else. Maybe I'm just being hopeful that something more is going on but Kenny always seems to make deals that no one is expecting. Even though the Wings have been playing really well and have good chemistry the only thing that matters is getting it done in the post season. We can't afford to lose to the Sharks again this year! I'm sure Kenny has a plan and I do think there will be another move by the deadline.

In a related note my close friend works for the Maple Leafs and I'm not sure where he is getting his info from but he claims the Red Wings have submitted some sort of offer for Grabovski. Have no idea where he heard this and it shouldn't be taken to seriously but just thought that was interesting.

Grabovski? I don't know? Very Streaky player, and another left-handed shooter. I really think Detroit needs to acquire a right-handed shooter to create more scoring opportunities on the PP. You know, Jeff Carter had a hat-trick last night, 2 on the PP... I'm just sayin' . I know that his name does not fly with a lot of Wings fans, attitude + contract and all, but? No, it's probably not going to happen, but I would at least keep an open mind if I were Kenny Holland.

It would be nice to see a massive move. I feel like we are kind of filling the voids and answering all the smaller questions before we address "a major concern".

To add onto to this, the Detroit Free Press is reporting that the Wings are going to extend Tuzzi for 2 years.

Could see a move in the next 2 or 3 days maybe? I love the trade deadline!!!!

Make it (whatever it might be) happen Kenny!!!

They got him back last night in a 3-way deal with Tampa & Colorado.

Cost a first round pick and some cash i think.

interesting...good pick up. i was pissed when he left in the first place. glad he's back. i just saw it on the NHL.com Wings page. i didn't see anything on TSN last night, but i might be blind. it's not pittsburgh, washington or toronto so TSN don't give a s***.

Living where I do and living with a BJ fan, I take issue with Rick Nash's hustle. He's constantly lackadaisically skating around unless of course there's a scoring chance and then he turns on the jets. Otherwise, it's floating in circles around the ice and an apparent allergy to backchecking.

Maybe being part of the Wings and the expectations that comes with it would change his work ethic. I'd like to think it would. But I fear we could be giving up a lot for a clearly more talented, yet much higher paid Robert Lang.

I'm still hoping we snag Rick Nash.

Don't get me wrong I would love Nash but its just not going to happen. Kenny isn't trading a roster player so chances are very slim that we will land a big name guy like Nash. I think Kenny will have to have a trade fall in his lap in order to make another trade. Prices just seems to be to high this year to make a big move. I hope I'm wrong but that how I see things right now

Stuart and Kindl (and most likely a pick) to Anaheim, Selanne to Detroit. I think Stuart has decided to go back.

I don't think we'd have to give up that much to get Selanne. He wants to go to a winner, he's in what it is probably his last season. No team is going to sell the farm for four months without a chance of retaining the player at years end. Unless Pierre Lacroix is back in town.

Stuart and Kindl (and most likely a pick) to Anaheim, Selanne to Detroit. I think Stuart has decided to go back.

as much as i would like to see Stuart for a lenghty playoff run, we have Quincey back and have Smith who is NHL ready so i'm thinking that this would be a pretty ok trade where both teams benefit. Selanne would open so much potential in the top 6...

Lost Defense isn't worth the gained offense there. We need Stuart for a cup run. I'd love Selanne though.

Also, signing Bertuzzi seems like the opposite move he'd do if he was trading for a top 6 forward. I certainly don't see a correlation. But I hope you're right anyway (to OP).

Edited by Z and D for the C

I don't think we'd have to give up that much to get Selanne. He wants to go to a winner, he's in what it is probably his last season. No team is going to sell the farm for four months without a chance of retaining the player at years end. Unless Pierre Lacroix is back in town.

selling the farm would be giving up smith, nyquist or tatar. kindl is expendable and stuart is going back to california regardless after this season. selanne automatically makes the wings cup favorites, especially with like i said, quincey back and smith ready to step up anytime.