• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PROBIE4PREZ

Detroit has inside track on Parise

Rate this topic

• The Stars, with new owner Tom Galardi willing to spend dough this summer, will go after Ryan Suter and Zach Parise, but still think Detroit has the inside track on Parise, who’s absolutely No. 1 on their shopping list (how about Parise and Pavel Datsyuk on the same line?), with Suter No. 2 as they look to Nick Lidstrom’s eventual retirement. One thing Detroit has that other teams don’t: a winning tradition.

Must be a serious thought if the Parise talk is still around. Isn't Parise a center? What do you think the lines will look like if he signs (top 6 wise).

Linky

Kypreos said he thinks Suter will go to Minnesota , not sure why all of a sudden these big names are rumored there, such as Parise... Craig Leopold only cares about making money, as long as he's doing that, hes happy. Guy was a joke of an owner in Nashville, hasnt done any better with the Wild.

I'd like to hope, but god knows other teams are willing to pay more. I'd love to see Parise in the Winged-Wheel, though I still think the odds are low. Also from the article, Dallas looks like they'll still want to move Morrow, and so long as they aren't expecting jewels and are willing to take at least some salary back in return, I'd still love to have him here.

Kypreos said he thinks Suter will go to Minnesota , not sure why all of a sudden these big names are rumored there, such as Parise... Craig Leopold only cares about making money, as long as he's doing that, hes happy. Guy was a joke of an owner in Nashville, hasnt done any better with the Wild.

Parise was born and raised in Minnesota in a city called Fairbault. City where Shattuck St. Mary's is at that he played highschool hockey. Think Parise's dad played in the NHL too either for Montreal or Minnesota can't remember but yeah the Wild I'm sure will make an offer for Parise. Don't know about Suter though. :/

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Parise is a lock for the Wings, and I tend to think Suter is, too, unless Holland has an ace up his sleeve for some completely unexpected defenseman.

I wish I shared your confidence, baseless as it is :P

I don't know why any player would want to play for one the most boring teams in the league (Minnesota).

Word. Really the only reason would be to go home (Parise) or, you know, huge bank.

I hope this turns out to be true so bad. A top-six winger that scores goals to play alongside Datsyuk is the biggest need the Red Wings have this summer. Right now the Red Wings have three top-six forwards that bring it every night. I don't really dislike Bertuzzi or Hudler, but both are very streaky and benefit from playing with linemates that elevate their play greatly. Since Franzen isn't too keen on the whole October-April thing, it really exposes a top-six that has been wildly inconsistent most of the regular season.

I don't think Suter happens unless Nick retires.

First three lines...

Parise-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen

Nyquist-Abdelkader-Mursak

And on the power play...

PP1

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Parise

Lidstrom-White

PP2

Nyquist-Filppula-Franzen

Kronwall-Smith

Nice, except trade Franzen for someone that gives a s***.

exclamation.gifexclamation.gifexclamation.gifexclamation.gifexclamation.gif

Im not entirely sold on the chances that the Wings land either Parise or Suter but I will say this: Over the years the Wings seem to bide their time when it comes to the big acquisition, and when they feel that the time is now they usually make a serious move. The Wings will have cash to spend this summer and if Holland and co. feel the need for a Parise or a Suter are as big as most fans do I do believe they will be much more assertive in trying to sign one of them than they have been in the UFA market these passed few years. That is of course, if they feel the need is as glaring as the fans do.

I don't think Suter happens unless Nick retires.

I think it'll happen either way. Here's why: As far as I know the 2012 summer UFA class is the best there's been in years. And I'm betting there won't be another great class like this in the next year or two, which means this summer is the only truly great chance we have to replace Lidstrom without losing anything other than money. Obviously a free agent signing is a better option than a trade, and Holland is going to make that push whether Lidstrom retires or not.

After all, Lidstrom's only going to be around for another year (maybe) and you still need him replaced. Better to do it now, enjoy one super-amazing year, and then already have his replacement locked in when he retires.

I think it'll happen either way. Here's why: As far as I know the 2012 summer UFA class is the best there's been in years. And I'm betting there won't be another great class like this in the next year or two, which means this summer is the only truly great chance we have to replace Lidstrom without losing anything other than money. Obviously a free agent signing is a better option than a trade, and Holland is going to make that push whether Lidstrom retires or not.

After all, Lidstrom's only going to be around for another year (maybe) and you still need him replaced. Better to do it now, enjoy one super-amazing year, and then already have his replacement locked in when he retires.

From everything I've seen & heard, most people are saying it's a weak FA class once you get past Suter & Parise. That's why I'm thinking the Wings get neither. You'll have a bunch of other teams willing to overpay them & kill their team's salary cap management in the process and that's not something Kenny's been willing to do in the past. Personally, I think Suter ends up back in Nashville after the team has a good playoff run this year & Parise ends up signing for big money somewhere not named Detroit.

Havig Parise on this team would be AWESOME!!!! His ability and skill with putting the puck in the net would be a huge help to this team, not that this team doesn't have some big guns but having one more wouldn't hurt. Hopefully the Wings can get him for next season and the Wings can really have a great shot at winning another Cup!!

Must be a serious thought if the Parise talk is still around. Isn't Parise a center? What do you think the lines will look like if he signs (top 6 wise).

Linky

Parise - Dats - Franzen

Nyquist - Z - Flip

Tatar - Helm - Bertuzzi

Eaves - Abdelkader - Miller

Cleary's broken legs as numero 13

One can only hope...

Parise - Datsyuk - NyQuill

Filppula - Hank - Franzen

Bert - Helm - Tatar

....drool

:hehe:

i didn't get to the 2nd page before i hit the reply button, but it seems we have the same idea for the most part on the top 3 lines. I was actually going to put what you had at first. and the 3rd line we came up with seems pretty deadly. Tatar should definitely replace Hudler. Huds had a good year, but loses a lot of puck races and generally can't keep up.