• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Lets not forget what happened last year folks - this team is capable of putting together 3 in a row. Unlikely? Aboslutley, but impossible? Absolutley not.

Its more evident than ever that changes need to be made to make Detroit stylistically capable of winning against the big bodied teams. At the end of the day its clear or lack of size/grit/phyiscality just makes this team too damn easy to play against. That said, weve got what weve got. Its up to those 2o guys in that room to get the job done and just get ONE win on Friday. Coming home for 6 and its a series again.

Once again seeing fans at the Joe walking out with 5 minutes left while down 1 goal was disgusting. We have the most spoiled fanbase in pro sports with our continued success and competitiveness and yeah this year certainly isnt the best team we've ever iced - and Im sure weve all been hearing the "too old, too slow, too soft, no goaltending banter" from our friends/colleagues lately. That CANT be Lidstroms last game at JLA - ths teamplays best when their backs are against the wall, and I expect to see a great effort in a few days and a few bounces are bound to go our way.<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Edited by jroc86, 18 April 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Lids does not deserve to be booed out of the arena after his last home game.

Therefore, there are only two options:
1) We win and continue on
2) He re-signs

I'll take both, please.

#3 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

WIngs pre-game speech.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#4 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Never say never with this team, until the last fat Preds lady sings. And she's not even warmed up. :blink: Wings need to channel all their talents and do this. It ain't over yet!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#5 jachred

jachred

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

The Freep is reporting that Detroit is 3-0 when down 2-1 in a series.... Lets make it 4-0

J-

#6 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

The Freep didn't report on last night's game? Interesting.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#7 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Always have faith in this team till the very end. Like stated many times, if any team can come back it's the Wings. You've gotta think with them outplaying the Preds majority of this series and STILL losing that at some point it's gotta turn around right? Friday is the night it will happen. No giving up. Wings are relentless and still have a lot of fight in them. Rinne has stood on his head yes but he can be solved. Pucks will start going in.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#8 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

If Lidstrom's last game is a loss to the Predators in the first round, I will lose all faith in humanity and justice in the universe.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#9 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

#10 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Al: WHAT'S ALL THIS LYING AROUND s***?!

LGW: Season's over man, Bettman won.

Al: Over? Did you say "over"?! Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!

LGW: Germans?
Pasha: Shhh, he on roll

Al: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

LGW: <_<

Al: What the hell happened to the Detroit fans? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Al, we might get hurt again." Well just kiss my ASS from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Weber, He's a dead man! Rinne, dead! Trotz -

Hank: DEAD! Al's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Al: We're just the guys to do it!

LGW: LET'S DO IT!

:siren: LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! :siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Edited by King Crane, 18 April 2012 - 02:30 PM.

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#11 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Until Friday then. :hehe:
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#12 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

The Freep is reporting that Detroit is 3-0 when down 2-1 in a series.... Lets make it 4-0

J-

Well, we already are down 3-1 and we lost in 2010 in Game 5 while down 3-1
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#13 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hey get the sand out of your ****** Nancy
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Al: WHAT'S ALL THIS LYING AROUND s***?!

LGW: Season's over man, Bettman won.

Al: Over? Did you say "over"?! Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!

LGW: Germans?
Pasha: Shhh, he on roll

Al: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

LGW: <_<

Al: What the hell happened to the Detroit fans? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Al, we might get hurt again." Well just kiss my ASS from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Weber, He's a dead man! Rinne, dead! Trotz -

Hank: DEAD! Al's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Al: We're just the guys to do it!

LGW: LET'S DO IT!

:siren: LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! :siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Particularly enjoyed Pasha he on roll part
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#16 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hey get the sand out of your ****** Nancy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scaAz1zcdXI

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#17 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Always have faith in this team till the very end. Like stated many times, if any team can come back it's the Wings. You've gotta think with them outplaying the Preds majority of this series and STILL losing that at some point it's gotta turn around right? Friday is the night it will happen. No giving up. Wings are relentless and still have a lot of fight in them. Rinne has stood on his head yes but he can be solved. Pucks will start going in.

Thank you. Needed to come into this thread for some positivity, because my head's telling me this is insurmountable. What a story for the season if they are able to steal this round back and go deeper. My heart never gives up on this team, and I hope they have the fight in them to not settle for rolling over and dying. Here's to tackling the rest of this series one game at a time. GO WINGS!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#18 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

A Eruchţn, ˙-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#19 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Believe.
Posted Image

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Thank you. Needed to come into this thread for some positivity, because my head's telling me this is insurmountable. What a story for the season if they are able to steal this round back and go deeper. My heart never gives up on this team, and I hope they have the fight in them to not settle for rolling over and dying. Here's to tackling the rest of this series one game at a time. GO WINGS!

No problemo. ; ) I always like to stay positive. In years past I've been called out for it but I can't help it! LOL

GO WINGS!!!!

Believe.
Posted Image

BERNIE!!! omg I remember this. And I just realized your Late Night Crew member sig. I was a part of that LOL I miss it!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 18 April 2012 - 03:47 PM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -