• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Just wondering peoples thoughts about the next coach, when that time comes. No babcock isn't leaving anytime soon. But sooner or later he will. Be it retire or whatever. So who are the young coaches that you would like to see here down the road?

#2 Sycsa

Sycsa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

I want to see Yzerman as GM after Holland retires, I'm sure he'll figure out the rest.

#3 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

I'd like to see Yzerman do anything at all as a GM before one of the premier teams in the league hires him as a GM. Conference final win at least. Olympics doesn't mean anything, picking that team was pretty much a no brainer.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#4 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

I don't even think you can predict a coach situation. Babcock has a nice contract to live out, inwhich he says he hopes to continue with Detroit. He also states that hopefully he won't be coaching 10 years from now, or atleast he won't be in Detroit. Back to the topic though, predicting a firing or contract expiration of a coach, ontop of who would be available is just a silly question to ask in my book. I love your motivation, but I think you may want to slow down on all these threads Posted Image

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#5 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

Just wondering peoples thoughts about the next coach, when that time comes. No babcock isn't leaving anytime soon. But sooner or later he will. Be it retire or whatever. So who are the young coaches that you would like to see here down the road?

Well by the time babs is gone all the young coaches won't be young anymore...wayyyyy too soon to say anything about this

#6 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

Maybe to early, but on the other hand you always look down the road. I have no idea who it is going to be, but what i would like to see happen is the next HC be on our staff for a few years first.

#7 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

Trotz-Babcock-Hitchcock super team. The Miami Heat of coaching assignments.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#8 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

Let's get this guy to come coach.

Posted Image

What's your major malfunction Franzen?!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#9 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

Posted Image

An R Lee sighting.......always cool......

#10 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

Stevie-Y's the legend and all...but does that make him a great front office guy?? Couldn't say that I love him more, but let's see how he does in Tampa first. It seems like he's sort of copying the Holland equation out there. Which I'm sick of. And which appears to no longer work.

Go ahead and shoot me, but I think Babcock would make a great GM.

#11 Sycsa

Sycsa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'd like to see Yzerman do anything at all as a GM before one of the premier teams in the league hires him as a GM. Conference final win at least. Olympics doesn't mean anything, picking that team was pretty much a no brainer.

Stevie-Y's the legend and all...but does that make him a great front office guy?? Couldn't say that I love him more, but let's see how he does in Tampa first. It seems like he's sort of copying the Holland equation out there. Which I'm sick of. And which appears to no longer work.

Go ahead and shoot me, but I think Babcock would make a great GM.

I always thought that Stevie is doing his learning time in Tampa so he'll be ready when the time comes to return to Detroit, which I think is still pretty far down the road.

Babs as GM, that's an interesting thought. In that case, it'd be fun to see Yzerman as head coach, I mean, he basically coached the team before, the way he inspired and fired everyone up. It could definitely work.

#12 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

I always thought that Stevie is doing his learning time in Tampa so he'll be ready when the time comes to return to Detroit, which I think is still pretty far down the road.

Babs as GM, that's an interesting thought. In that case, it'd be fun to see Yzerman as head coach, I mean, he basically coached the team before, the way he inspired and fired everyone up. It could definitely work.

That would be a pretty cool scenario. Babcock actually would probably make a good GM. He knows better than anyone what the Wings are lacking. Stevie would also probably make a pretty damn good coach. I like the idea.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#13 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Already posted in other thread that I'm OK with Babs as our next GM.

Stevie as our head coach is another great idea.Add Drapes and Lids as his assistant coaches and bring it on,lol

#14 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

I believe the right choice for head coach of the Red Wings is...Robert Lang.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#15 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Posted Image

Maybe he will make Franzen off himself.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#16 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Posted Image

I'd rather have him as our enforcer.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#17 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

I agree, it's not that I'm against Yzerman as GM but I think he needs to show that he's actually a good GM before we start talking about bringing him in after Holland. So far he hasn't shown anything, but I acknowledge that it's still early in his career. If Tampa hasn't done anything in three or four years, then I'd rather not have him GM here. Especially when we've still got Jim Nill, who's done a hell of a job as assistant GM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."