• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Wings & Yandle twitter-rumors? Believable?

Rate this topic

Do you think we should consider hockeyyInsiderr a reliable source at this point? Lately he has been dead on and sometimes several days before everyone else. I still hear some bashing about him going in here and I really wonder if those people actually follow the guy regularly and see how accurate he has been. I don't have time at the moment to detail every deal he has cracked, but from recent memory it has been impressive.

Even if he's not necessarily "a sure source", it is a rumor thread and it is fun to speculate no?

That being said...

Not sure I like losing Flip for Yandle. I think, THINK, I'd rather lose Franzen and roll the dice with Brunner/Nyquist making up for his scoring. At least we know we'll get major hustle from Nyquist.

Edited by jthiel86

I've been reading some of his stuff and I feel like yea, he's right sometimes and often before anyone else. But I think he just puts out so many tweets and hopes to be right/ hopes people don't notice when he's wrong. Then again, they are all rumors and it is fun to speculate.. I don't think id trust him 100% of the time but I'll still read his posts at least out of curiosity/boredom haha

The only reason any of his stuff seems at all accurate is on the off chance he gets one right he relentlessly tweets about it bragging about how he was right and how he beat "main stream media" to the punch about it.. so you end up hearing about it way more when he is right.. and then when he is wrong he makes up some ridiculous story like the Wings being furious about Suter breaking that so called "verbal agreement" or Crosby being "irate" when Parise broke that same "verbal agreement" with the Pens..

Most of his stuff is generic.. he knows the Wings want a d-man and have interest in Yandle so why not put it out there as your own info, then if the trade happens he can gloat about how he had it the info weeks in advance and if no trade happens he can just say "negotiations fell apart" or some other BS..

The other thing is, if he really worked for all of these teams and has "sources" high up in seemlingly every team, there would be no way that he could keep his identity a secret..

You remember the ones he gets right, and generally forget those that don't pan out. But this is a guy who twice reported signings that never happened. Bit embarrassing for him when he says a player signs in one city only for NHL.com/TSN/whatever to say an hour later that they've signed elsewhere. If you go through ALL his tweets the vast majority are BS. After all this is a multi-million dollar industry and some pro scout in an organisation isn't going to tell an old colleague about a trade or a signing going down, in the full knowledge that he has a twitter account with the purpose of revealing such information. That scout would be out the door.

Not to mention if he worked for 4 different NHL teams why isn't he still working within the league? He's a blogger who is now seeking people to blog with him on a website. This doesn't sound like an NHL source to me

Guest Johnz96

If his coach thought he was as good as some people think, he wouldn't have been 4th among the Coyotes' defensemen for ice-time in the playoffs.

He is a great skater and highly skilled but is soft, not very good positionally and prone to errors

He knew the specifics of several deals, not just saying they would happen. He called semin 1 yr deal to the canes. Called nash trade and the players involved. Had weber info before everyone. The guy gloats a lot, but the fact that he has reported very specific information before anyone says he is legit. I dont know why people give him so much s*** about Suter, many other sources have concurred that Suter wanted to play for Detroit, but ultimately followed Parise when he decided to go home. Haters gonna hate i guess...

Guest Hatethedrake!

Now is the perfect time for any fraud to become famous in the hockey blogger-twitter universe. Us hockey fans are starving for any real news so we are more vulnerable to believe any kind of crap especially regarding the Red Wings. I think guys like Eklund go on all the more popular team sites (such as this one) and get an idea as to which players the fans want on their teams. Then they troll out the rumours on their web sites and twitter accounts and voila! A new fraud is born! I could have started a site on July 1st and had Alex Semin going to a different team each day. If I had gone alphabetically by team, I would have had Semin to Carolina before anyone else did. Throw some crap against the wall, play the law of averages and something will stick. Why do you think Eklund always throws at least 5 or 6 teams in any player rumours? So he can increase his chances of being right. He has no real sources and no accountability. He is always wrong but he still posts more crap and people keep reading it. I think the same will happen with this latest fraud, hockeyinsiderr.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

He might have the specifics on some deals and will break it before others, but that doesn't mean he's an inside source. The deals that he has given info on have all been pretty big deals that would have come with some press release. The deal may have been done a day before he gets the info and therefore there isn't much wrong with leaking something. It's basic industry practice that a publication or a broadcaster wont confirm a deal until the teams in question do. He has the luxury of being able to say what he wants with little backlash, he's a blogger. He's rarely right when deals are trying to be worked (or throws about 8/9 teams in there as potential destinations) but then can take all the credit for breaking a story early when he has no restrictions on what he can say. Hope that makes sense...

seeing all the guys on twitter (TSN'ers, russo tribune) rip on him and call him fake and a loser, makes me believe that he is actually more credible than they try to say. They dont rip on anyone else but him.

almost like theyre pissed because someone who isnt employed by a major media company is getting more info that they are. Like they want the glory of being the one who reported it.

I follow him, but but believe it until the wings official twitter announces it

seeing all the guys on twitter (TSN'ers, russo tribune) rip on him and call him fake and a loser, makes me believe that he is actually more credible than they try to say. They dont rip on anyone else but him.

almost like theyre pissed because someone who isnt employed by a major media company is getting more info that they are. Like they want the glory of being the one who reported it.

I follow him, but but believe it until the wings official twitter announces it

I don't think that's quite accurate. The TSN guys (especially this summer) have dismissed quite a few rumours. I specifically remember Dreger shutting down Eklund rumours multiple times at the beginning of the summer and there have been quite a few jokes made at the expense of Eklund on Twitter by many Mainstream Media members, that doesn't make Eklund any more legit.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I am hearing Yandle to the Wings for Filppula, Nyquist and a 1st. I will have more as soon as I confirm with my sources Bert and Ernie. More to come..stay tuned...