Photo
- - - - -

Wings & Yandle twitter-rumors? Believable?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

Do you think we should consider hockeyyInsiderr a reliable source at this point? Lately he has been dead on and sometimes several days before everyone else. I still hear some bashing about him going in here and I really wonder if those people actually follow the guy regularly and see how accurate he has been. I don't have time at the moment to detail every deal he has cracked, but from recent memory it has been impressive.
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#2 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

I'm praying yes lol because I know this is being asked cause of the Yandle talk

#3 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

Same person that claimed Suter had a verbal agreement with the Red Wings.

Just my opinion, but I don't consider him reliable overall.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#4 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hope he's right about Yandle. Seems like a bird though, kinda think he's Pierre McGuire after what he tweeted the other night

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 29 July 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#5 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

What was all said about the Wings being interested in Yandle since we already have speculated on this for awhile?

#6 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

What was all said about the Wings being interested in Yandle since we already have speculated on this for awhile?

that we are the front runners in a trade for yandle

#7 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Same person that claimed Suter had a verbal agreement with the Red Wings.

Just my opinion, but I don't consider him reliable overall.

How do you know that didn't actually happen?
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

#8 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

Ya saw some stuff on twitter about Flippula being offered for Yandle. Get it done Kenny... Flippula's contract sucks though for trade bait. Please Holland make a trade for a D man.

#9 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Even if he's not necessarily "a sure source", it is a rumor thread and it is fun to speculate no?

That being said...

Not sure I like losing Flip for Yandle. I think, THINK, I'd rather lose Franzen and roll the dice with Brunner/Nyquist making up for his scoring. At least we know we'll get major hustle from Nyquist.

Edited by jthiel86, 30 July 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#10 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

I hope so
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#11 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

i stopped following him after the suter s***.

#12 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

Yeah, Suter was the last straw. 95% my ass.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#13 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

I've been reading some of his stuff and I feel like yea, he's right sometimes and often before anyone else. But I think he just puts out so many tweets and hopes to be right/ hopes people don't notice when he's wrong. Then again, they are all rumors and it is fun to speculate.. I don't think id trust him 100% of the time but I'll still read his posts at least out of curiosity/boredom haha

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#14 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

Eklund 2.0 in my opinion. Throw enough s*** at the wall & see what sticks.

#15 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

The only reason any of his stuff seems at all accurate is on the off chance he gets one right he relentlessly tweets about it bragging about how he was right and how he beat "main stream media" to the punch about it.. so you end up hearing about it way more when he is right.. and then when he is wrong he makes up some ridiculous story like the Wings being furious about Suter breaking that so called "verbal agreement" or Crosby being "irate" when Parise broke that same "verbal agreement" with the Pens..

Most of his stuff is generic.. he knows the Wings want a d-man and have interest in Yandle so why not put it out there as your own info, then if the trade happens he can gloat about how he had it the info weeks in advance and if no trade happens he can just say "negotiations fell apart" or some other BS..

The other thing is, if he really worked for all of these teams and has "sources" high up in seemlingly every team, there would be no way that he could keep his identity a secret..

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#16 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

You remember the ones he gets right, and generally forget those that don't pan out. But this is a guy who twice reported signings that never happened. Bit embarrassing for him when he says a player signs in one city only for NHL.com/TSN/whatever to say an hour later that they've signed elsewhere. If you go through ALL his tweets the vast majority are BS. After all this is a multi-million dollar industry and some pro scout in an organisation isn't going to tell an old colleague about a trade or a signing going down, in the full knowledge that he has a twitter account with the purpose of revealing such information. That scout would be out the door.

Not to mention if he worked for 4 different NHL teams why isn't he still working within the league? He's a blogger who is now seeking people to blog with him on a website. This doesn't sound like an NHL source to me

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#17 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

If his coach thought he was as good as some people think, he wouldn't have been 4th among the Coyotes' defensemen for ice-time in the playoffs.
He is a great skater and highly skilled but is soft, not very good positionally and prone to errors

#18 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

He knew the specifics of several deals, not just saying they would happen. He called semin 1 yr deal to the canes. Called nash trade and the players involved. Had weber info before everyone. The guy gloats a lot, but the fact that he has reported very specific information before anyone says he is legit. I dont know why people give him so much s*** about Suter, many other sources have concurred that Suter wanted to play for Detroit, but ultimately followed Parise when he decided to go home. Haters gonna hate i guess...

#19 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Now is the perfect time for any fraud to become famous in the hockey blogger-twitter universe. Us hockey fans are starving for any real news so we are more vulnerable to believe any kind of crap especially regarding the Red Wings. I think guys like Eklund go on all the more popular team sites (such as this one) and get an idea as to which players the fans want on their teams. Then they troll out the rumours on their web sites and twitter accounts and voila! A new fraud is born! I could have started a site on July 1st and had Alex Semin going to a different team each day. If I had gone alphabetically by team, I would have had Semin to Carolina before anyone else did. Throw some crap against the wall, play the law of averages and something will stick. Why do you think Eklund always throws at least 5 or 6 teams in any player rumours? So he can increase his chances of being right. He has no real sources and no accountability. He is always wrong but he still posts more crap and people keep reading it. I think the same will happen with this latest fraud, hockeyinsiderr.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 30 July 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#20 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

He might have the specifics on some deals and will break it before others, but that doesn't mean he's an inside source. The deals that he has given info on have all been pretty big deals that would have come with some press release. The deal may have been done a day before he gets the info and therefore there isn't much wrong with leaking something. It's basic industry practice that a publication or a broadcaster wont confirm a deal until the teams in question do. He has the luxury of being able to say what he wants with little backlash, he's a blogger. He's rarely right when deals are trying to be worked (or throws about 8/9 teams in there as potential destinations) but then can take all the credit for breaking a story early when he has no restrictions on what he can say. Hope that makes sense...

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life