• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

10/12 AHL GDT: Milwaukee Admirals @ Grand Rapids Griffins

Rate this topic

Tonight at 7PM EST. Would have been on FSD had more people voted but ah well...Hockey is back! Well...AHL hockey is back anyway. First regular season game for the Griffins tonight. A few current Red Wings in Smith, Tatar, Nyquist and a few up and coming guys like Jurco and Sheahan start their first pro year.

Full preview can be read here, it's too long to post in full:

http://griffinshocke...article_id=2247

Detroit Exports: Eighteen Red Wings-contracted players are on the Griffins’ 23-man roster, including goaltenders Tom McCollum and Jordan Pearce; defensemen Adam Almquist, Gleason Fournier, Brian Lashoff, Max Nicastro and Brendan Smith; and forwards Joakim Andersson, Louis-Marc Aubry, Mitch Callahan, Landon Ferraro, Tomas Jurco, Gustav Nyquist, Francis Pare, Trevor Parkes, Brent Raedeke, Riley Sheahan and Tomas Tatar.

I am very excited :w00t2: Especially for a 4th line of Callahan-Aubry-Grant.

Hopefully Drumnj will get us all sorted.

And hopefully the mods will let this stay in the Red Wings section, so we can all talk about hockey for once.

Great job on the GDT mate!! Hopefully people get involved because I'm freaking pumped!!!

Especially to see my man Louis Marc Aubry!!

Would like to see Callahan-Aubry-Parks reunite though, this time on the 3rd line.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

I won't be around for the game as I'll be driving. Hoping that everything has stayed the same from last season as ahllive like to mess with stuff that gets things out of whack. Did a quick test last night, but won't know how effect that was until actual gametime. I'll check on it when I can.

If anyone happens to be going to this game, the Red Wings are giving out prizes nearby before the game...

https://twitter.com/...798821101748224

If you're going to @griffinshockey tonight, meet us at Peppino's on Ionia Ave SW at 5 PM. We're giving out prizes...

...if anyone happens to go, and just so happens to get an "I Got Kronwalled At The Joe" T shirt (XL), they would have a mod who seriously owes them a favor...

...just sayin' :lol:

This is awesome, thanks so much Drum, your archived games got me through the summer, now hopefully these Griffins games will get me through the lockout.

Really looking forward to seeing Jurco play. Also excited about Nyquist, I hope he takes some steps forward this year.

While I'm pumped that Z is playing with Brunner in the Swiss league, I can't help but wish that Brunner was on the Griffins instead to get a little NA hockey experience.

Looking forward to this.

Griffins are once again LIVE now on redwingslive against the Hamilton Bulldogs. The puck drops in 15-ish minutes. It was great to see so many people watching yesterday, hope there's the same number of people again tonight!