Do you like the NHL network?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 LoungeRat

LoungeRat

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Question for anyone. I am stationed in Italy and can't get the NHLN or DirecTV Center Ice. I am thinking about buying GameCenter Live but looking for opinions on it before I do. Thanks.

Edited by LoungeRat, 14 January 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#22 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

I find it also a bit "East" bias on it's coverage.

#23 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I absolutely hated the NHL network when I had gotten it. Originally, I just got it for the draft and I thought it would be cool to see some classic games plus preseason games. Their coverage is HORRIBLE, just replays of the same show over and over and over and over and over oh my god is this frickin espn? Oil change and the day the game changed are consistently on, which some can be cool, but majority are stupid and overplayed. So yeah.. in my personal opinion, it's not worth the money AT ALL.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#24 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Question for anyone. I am stationed in Italy and can't get the NHLN or DirecTV Center Ice. I am thinking about buying GameCenter Live but looking for opinions on it before I do. Thanks.

In Italy, it might actually be worth it for you, as you'll actually get the NHL Network and NBC Sports feeds (since they're not locally available to you), meaning you actually get all the games and not 75% of them. Discovered that late last season using a proxy add-on for Chrome.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!