• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut4013

Everyone chill out!

Rate this topic

Hard to do without a first round pick!

People need to calm down. Since the first game, defense hasn't been a problem. I've actually been pretty impressed with both our defense and Jimmy Howard. It's our offense that isn't getting it done so far. I don't view that as a problem because we all know they can score. Once our forwards start picking it up and burying their chances, I think we'll be in pretty good shape.

Until then just calm down. Its only been 3 games

We have our first round pick this year, the Quincey trade was last year's first round pick. Agreed with the rest of your post though! Too early to call anything definitive.

Hard to do without a first round pick!

People need to calm down. Since the first game, defense hasn't been a problem.

I beg to differ. The Defense can't get the puck out to the Offense in customary Red Wing style. Those guys just can't pass like we're used to.

I'm calm, I'm just not content. Yes, I am concerned.

If we stink it up and get a high 1st rounder (NHL ready stud) and have some decent offseason signings/trades, the latter part of next season I hope they play AC/DC's Back In The Saddle Again at all home games.

Back in the saddle again is Aerosmith, if AC/DC, you're looking for back in black.

I'd actually kind of like it if the Wings finished bottom 5 and got either McKinnon or Drouin. I'm not really sold from watching Seth Jones that he's more valuable than either of those guys and we have Oulette and Sproul that I think are better than Jones. If we got one of thos 2 kids in top 5 and then got (IF they don't re-sign with their teams) Getzlaf, Perry or Iginla then the Wings are back as a top tier team. They're only a couple pick ups away now and then some of the kids need to come up sooner rather than later like Sproul, Oulette, Tatar, Nyquist and even keep Lashoff as a 3rd liner. Lastyl, Cleary needs to go. I can't stress enough how much he needs to go.

I was doing a little research and looking back at the last lockout shortened season. Everyone keeps saying how important is it to "get off to a good start or it'll be over before you know it". While it never hurts to get off to a good start, I'm much more interested in how things end. In 1995, the NJ Devils started off 0-3-1, were below .500 for about half the season, finished a little over .500 and made the playoffs. In May and June they went 16-4 and won the Stanley Cup. If you like to be pessimistic, then by all means, keep whining about the slow start, but how well they're playing in January means nothing, even in a short season, and there's the proof.

Edited by xtrememachine1

I was doing a little research and looking back at the last lockout shortened season. Everyone keeps saying how important is it to "get off to a good start or it'll be over before you know it". While it never hurts to get off to a good start, I'm much more interested in how things end. In 1995, the NJ Devils started off 0-3-1, were below .500 for about half the season, finished a little over .500 and made the playoffs. In May and June they went 16-4 and won the Stanley Cup. If you like to be pessimistic, then by all means, keep whining about the slow start, but how well they're playing in January means nothing, even in a short season, and there's the proof.

It's good to stay positive, but let's be realistic. This team can't come within 10 light years of the defense that Devils team played.

It's good to stay positive, but let's be realistic. This team can't come within 10 light years of the defense that Devils team played.

True, but we have a much better offense than the Devils did that year. We have a goalie who is actually playing really well for us right now and an offense that's a little snake bitten at the moment, but is far too talented to stay this quiet. The defense is definitely a work in progress, no doubt, especially with the injuries now, but who knows what our defense will look like in a couple months after the trade deadline and our younger guys get more experience. I think history has also proven that doubting the Wings can make people look very foolish in the end.

Oh really?

Rafalski-Martin

Lukowich-Colin White

Ken Klee- Matvichuk

Malackhov/Albelin/Mcgillis/Hale

I'm not saying we have a better defense, but let's not act like this is Scott Stevens/Niedermayer New Jersey Devils.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

let's not act like this is Scott Stevens/Niedermayer New Jersey Devils.

isn't the "Scott Stevens/Niedermayer New Jersey Devils" exactly the team he was referring to?

isn't the "Scott Stevens/Niedermayer New Jersey Devils" exactly the team he was referring to?

Don't mind me, I don't read well haha. Yea for some reason I jumped to 05-06 thinking about the locked out year rather then shortened season.

Either way, Ericsson is pretty much Scott Stevens.

True, but we have a much better offense than the Devils did that year. We have a goalie who is actually playing really well for us right now and an offense that's a little snake bitten at the moment, but is far too talented to stay this quiet. The defense is definitely a work in progress, no doubt, especially with the injuries now, but who knows what our defense will look like in a couple months after the trade deadline and our younger guys get more experience. I think history has also proven that doubting the Wings can make people look very foolish in the end.

Much better? I kind of doubt it. After the top line on this year's Detroit team, the scoring potential is rather limited it seems....

Or Drouin

We have enough playmaking pass first guys. Need a scorer which Mac is. I would even take Barkov for his aggressiveness attacking the net before Drouin. However these are pipe dreams since we will be picking in the 8-15 range. Edited by MasterPavel

while guys like Drouin, MacKinnon and Jones are very distant possibility we may very well draft that Nichushkin guy who made some noise at the last WJHC. He will be most likely available in the 20-40 range as nobody these days are paying attention to Russian. 17 yo already built like a tank with some soft hands...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax3BVNjNXlI

PS Also those saying that Seth Jones is nothing special never watched the last WJHC. He was the best player on that USA winning team.

I don't know why everyone expects this team not to be in the postseason or close to it. They still have the weapons when healthy to be a #6 seed

Have you seen them play? They were taken to the very limit and could have easily lost the game against Columbus. Columbus isn't good.

If this team is .500 it will be a miracle and Babs will have to be a coach of the year candidate.

Have you seen them play? They were taken to the very limit and could have easily lost the game against Columbus. Columbus isn't good.

If this team is .500 it will be a miracle and Babs will have to be a coach of the year candidate.

Guess Nashville should call it a season too since they lost to Columbus....

Geez