• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Our 'Special' Teams

Rate this topic

The PK needs some help, but i'm personally loving the powerplay. They didn't pot em, but my god they were putting on the pressure. Bobro was just playing good last night and shut the door, it's expected. He's one of the few goalies that was actively playing hockey during the lockout. He's used to squaring to the shooters and he is used to tracking the puck. Majority of the other goaltenders in this league need to get used to tracking and squaring up again. Other than that, I think our execution was great last night on the powerplay. We were dishing em, opening lanes, and throwing 1 timer after 1 timer on the net. That's a lot better than passing passing passing oh my god turn-over because someone was in the lane. Improvements already showing within the first 2 games on the powerplay? Good enough for me. Tom Renney is doing his job, let him make these guys flourish on the power play.

Our special teams look like they didn't practice in training camp or get any work in those preseason games... wait...

If its this bad at this time next month, then there's a big problem, but right now, you can't look into things too much. New players, young players, new system for most of them, no practice or exhibition games, lots of factors. Is it an excuse? Sure, but its also true.

The PK needs some help, but i'm personally loving the powerplay. They didn't pot em, but my god they were putting on the pressure. Bobro was just playing good last night and shut the door, it's expected. He's one of the few goalies that was actively playing hockey during the lockout. He's used to squaring to the shooters and he is used to tracking the puck. Majority of the other goaltenders in this league need to get used to tracking and squaring up again. Other than that, I think our execution was great last night on the powerplay. We were dishing em, opening lanes, and throwing 1 timer after 1 timer on the net. That's a lot better than passing passing passing oh my god turn-over because someone was in the lane. Improvements already showing within the first 2 games on the powerplay? Good enough for me. Tom Renney is doing his job, let him make these guys flourish on the power play.

Don't forget the three posts in a single PP!

I think the key to the PP is finishing your chances. We haven't been able to finish and that's where the problem lies. PK looked okay to me last night, but okay isn't good enough either. The chance that Kronwall gave up was brutal, can't have that from our top D pairing.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Wings_Toledo" data-cid="2344361" data-time="1358872763"><p>

I think the loss of Lidstrom is more noticeable on the PK than the PP. The defensemen are getting exploited going from behind the net back out front and look out of position any time the puck isn't at the points.</p></blockquote>

Wasn't Lidstrom not on the pk last year or no? I thought it was Kronwall-Stuart and E-White

I think the loss of Lidstrom is more noticeable on the PK than the PP. The defensemen are getting exploited going from behind the net back out front and look out of position any time the puck isn't at the points.

i cringe when i see our defensemen chase behind the net, my lord... go to the basics boys. don't chase, box. let him go behind the net, whatever. until we get the d-men that have the bodies AND are willing to use that body of theirs to staple gun players to the boards, chasing is going to hurt us. you better be big, or you better be faster than that forward if you want to start chasing him behind the net, otherwise he's simply pulling you out.

Todd McLellan effect. Guy is the GOAT special teams guy.

Renney will be good. It's not good to have a brand new system in a shortened season, and then add a brand new player that's never played in the NHL on the point.

It's going to be a rough ride until they get comfortable.

Penalty kill will be fine once Ericsson and Helm get back. Haven't seen anything too alarming, I mean we have a rookie in Lashoff and Huskins off the couch playing big minutes here.

Would a cardboard standup of Lidstrom on the ice instead of Quincey help? (I kid...mostly). Part of me thinks the PP is on the cusp of a serious feeding frenzy.

However, at this point (game 3 of the PP has given up more goals than it has scored. Two stats questions: 1). What is the longest goal drought the PP has had in Wings history? And 2). What is the longest time a PP has had a negative goal differential?