• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/13 GDT : St. Louis Blues 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

That was just hard to watch.... we cant hold a 2 goal lead for our lives. the first 15-20 minutes were great than Im not sure what happened.

Shorthanded goal killed this team in the first. St. Louis looked dead at that time. After that, the Wings looked dead.

As soon as the Wings went up two early, I knew they would unravel. Sure enough, special teams and bone-headed coverage burns the Wings again. Soft loss, no killer instinct, fragile psyche.

Better luck Friday.

I knew we were in trouble when I saw Cleary getting in the top 6 yet again and then Abby as well. Jeez - take a flyer on Tatar for one of those top 6 spots or even Eaves or Miller. How many examples of s***ty hockey does Babcock need from Cleary?

Defensively Ericsson, Lashoff and Huskins have looked good, Quincey needs to sit and i mean for a long time. Kronwall needs to get his defensive game together just not cutting it right now.

Got beat by Jake Allen tonight, ouch. Howard was bad, defence was bad, forwards were too undermanned to do anything. Without Franzen, Bertuzzi and Helm I'm surprised we even generated 3 goals, thank Datsyuk for that. Quincey gotta go, I've been a fan of the guy and was happy when we got him last year but he's been an absolute train wreck. He falls down more then Danny and has been an anti-offensive defenceman. Speaking of Danny, he needs a game or two in the press box to get his head back in it. Then start him on the 4th line and let him work his way back up.

4th line was good tonight and Ericsson, uh that was about it. Hope Mrazek starts friday.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Defensively Ericsson, Lashoff and Huskins have looked good, Quincey needs to sit and i mean for a long time. Kronwall needs to get his defensive game together just not cutting it right now.

What are you talking about? Lashoff was on another planet for the OT goal. He didn't even know what was happening.

What are you talking about? Lashoff was on another planet for the OT goal. He didn't even know what was happening.

Brunner's turnover and im not going to get on Lashoff on one missed assignment in a game where the offense only took 1 shot on a rookie goalie in the 3rd.

Edited by Yak19

Some overreactions here. We had 3 straight wins and got a point tonight. With our injuries and work-in-progress defense we are going to have letdown games every now and then.

Definitely can complain about some of the lineup decisions though. Mrazek probably should have gotten the start, I thought so even before the game. Howard is being badly overworked and it's going to hurt us.

As for Brunner, he also is bound to have a few games where he struggles. It's his first NHL season, and he's mainly an offensive guy so he's going to look worse when the offense isn't working.

the thing that bugs me is that the guys who are struggling the most like Cleary and Quincey have no accountability, Babs just keeps putting them out there no matter what

will he ever cut their ice time or bench them to send a message?

at this point someone else should get a shot at all those valuable minutes those 2 are wasting

the thing that bugs me is that the guys who are struggling the most like Cleary and Quincey have no accountability, Babs just keeps putting them out there no matter what

will he ever cut their ice time or bench them to send a message?

at this point someone else should get a shot at all those valuable minutes those 2 are wasting

Agree. Cleary is not Drapes, no matter how much they want him to be. Even Drapes got ice time cut.

Time for another one of Babcock's random line shakeups. When guys don't play well you don't sit them, or move someone into the lineup from the minors, or make a trade. No no silly hockey fans. You just haphazardly draw names for line combinations out of a hat and throw them together. Abdelkader with Zetterberg and Brunner, why not? Cleary with Datsyuk and Filppula, you betcha! Eaves, Tatar, and Anderson...couldn't hurt! Datsyuk, Emmerton, and Tootoo...we've tried everything else. Whoohoo, it's a rollercoaster ride of excitement when Babs puts a lineup together.

Makes me long for the Tigers. At least after Leyland puts his arbitrary lineup on the field he goes and takes a nap, or smokes cigarettes, or whatever he does when he's supposed to be managing.

Mursak-Emmerton-Tatar. f*** it!

Edit: Also, the hell can't we get a line change without ******* it up. If it's not a too many men penalty, we'll just get caught in the neutral zone flat footed and give up a break away. Ugh.

Edited by kipwinger

As for Brunner, he also is bound to have a few games where he struggles. It's his first NHL season, and he's mainly an offensive guy so he's going to look worse when the offense isn't working.

Agreed. Hopefully he finds his way back to scoring in the upcoming games.

I sure wish I could "not-like" a lot of the posts here....especially the ones blaming Jimmy. Like the first game of the season...The Blues made us look silly with speed and special Teams domination. The problem is, until Helm comes back, we just aren't putting out a lot of speed on the PK or PP.

Edited by gowings00

We were also missing Bert, Mule, Helm and Sammy who could all help the special teams problem in a huge way. Just having one of Franzen or Bert tonight in front of Allen on the PP could have meant a regulation win.

Overall can't really be too upset over picking up a point in this one.