• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Brunner Equals Clutch/Work on Signing *merged

Rate this topic

Not trying to be a debby downer, but the topic has been discussed in already 2 other Brunner threads. Everyone knows we need to re-sign him asap, it would be a joke to allow the one pure goal-scorer this team has walk. Like previously said, I think he'll be worth 3.5-4m at this current moment. He's a rookie and still brand new to the league, we don't know how he's going to do within a 82-game season. The most he's traveled in Swiss was 4 hours, compared to the numerous flights he's going to be on. He could ask more later on, but ideally I think 2-3 years @ 3.5/4m.

He'll get a 1 year around $2M....why? Because Holland will tell the agent "lets see what he does over an 82 game season and then we'll talk long term..."

Brunner has never played more than a 50 game season and it would be a big gamble to reward someone a large contract based on playing 48 games in the NHL...I know it's been done, and it just may happen, but I think they will agree on a raise for a year, then if he does net 40+ goals, go from there...

then again, you can flip the coin and Holland may want to give him a contract for about 4 years at a modest raise of around $3M-$4M, then if Brunner does put up 40 goals or more, he has him for a nice discount....

He'll get a 1 year around $2M....why? Because Holland will tell the agent "lets see what he does over an 82 game season and then we'll talk long term..."

Brunner has never played more than a 50 game season and it would be a big gamble to reward someone a large contract based on playing 48 games in the NHL...I know it's been done, and it just may happen, but I think they will agree on a raise for a year, then if he does net 40+ goals, go from there...

then again, you can flip the coin and Holland may want to give him a contract for about 4 years at a modest raise of around $3M-$4M, then if Brunner does put up 40 goals or more, he has him for a nice discount....

While I partially agree with this sentiment you have to remember Brunner has already played 52 games between EV Zug and the wings, in another 29 games he will have played 81 games total. I agree EV Zug is not in a super physical or as fast of a league, but it will be a good indication of his stamina going forward

This. Make it $2.2 - 2.8M.

Noone is going to offer 3.5M+ for a 3 year contract. Why?

a) his current goal scoring stats are overrated (a couple of goals were useless, a few could and would be scored by ANYone, 2-3 were good, but only 2-4 were great)

b) time will show how much of a defensive handicap he is for the team (e.g. the St. Louis game 10 days ago was just lost due to his turnovers)

And for Brunner, a 3.5M contract over 3 years is bad also, because what if he scores 45+ goals and 80+ pts over the next 2 seasons? He's too old to wait for a superb long-term contract in 4 years. Either he gets one in 1, at most 2 years, or he doesn't.

a) his current goal scoring stats are overrated (a couple of goals were useless, a few could and would be scored by ANYone, 2-3 were good, but only 2-4 were great)

b) time will show how much of a defensive handicap he is for the team (e.g. the St. Louis game 10 days ago was just lost due to his turnovers)

And for Brunner, a 3.5M contract over 3 years is bad also, because what if he scores 45+ goals and 80+ pts over the next 2 seasons? He's too old to wait for a superb long-term contract in 4 years. Either he gets one in 1, at most 2 years, or he doesn't.

I agree, how could anyone coming from Europe making peanuts be able to survive on $3.5 million a year? I myself need at least $4 million just to make ends meat

They don't ask how, they ask how many. Phil Esposito scored a bazillion goals from within 2 feet of the goal that "anyone" could have scored.

And then Brunner's agent says "Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" :bye1:

Edited by Nev

Guest RedWingsDad

I agree, how could anyone coming from Europe making peanuts be able to survive on $3.5 million a year? I myself need at least $4 million just to make ends meat

lol, what? This topic isn't about Brunners living expenses.

I bet we lock him up in a 2 year contract, about 3.2 mil per.

Edited by RedWingsDad

They don't ask how, they ask how many. Phil Esposito scored a bazillion goals from within 2 feet of the goal that "anyone" could have scored.

And then Brunner's agent says "Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" :bye1:

Hahahaha. :yahoo: Thanks for this!

The guy is a sniper another great find. I dont think they expect him to grind it out in the corners. Sure there will be an adjustment period and he will continue to improve.

Right now looks like hes out there havin fun with his budy Z. Sign him to a 3yr deal 3mil maybe even more it all depends how strong he finishes.

Either way hes an improvement over Hudler and he even back checks.

Why would you want to underpay one of the most consistent players on our team? 3.5M is not a bad price. How much does Fil make again? I'm hoping for a 3 year deal.

...Sammy makes 3 mil for pete's sake! :plain:

If we get him in the 3 mil range that will be a complete steal if he plays with the same consistency he is now. It's one thing to complain about overpaying players that don't deserve it, but this guy brings it every game.

Plus, you know Philly is going to offer him 7M if he's still unsigned but the summer. lol

I would love to see a 3 year contract worth 2.5-3 with play off incentives

This.

He's played 50 or more games in a season for the past 6 years. Unless you don't consider international games or playoff as important.

By the end of this year he will have played over 80 games this season. He's played nearly the most game of any wings this hockey season, but again, that's if you disvalue international and European leagues.

He's well worth it, this guy knows where to find the open ice, knows how to avoid hits, and loves to shoot. Sign him for 2.8-3.6 per season for 3-4 years.

Guest The Axe

Thing is his agent won't let him sign until right before the draft. The more games he plays the higher his price tag rises.

So long as he doesnt get hurt. Id rather get a fair deal in place if I were him. Lots of danger in the NHL for speedy small forwards.

He has looked amazing the last two games. I think he is getting comfortable enough to start being more of a playmaker and it really showed against the Blackhawks yesterday. He made several great passes which led to great scoring chances for Zetterberg and Franzen, unfortunately unable to convert. He still isn't afraid to go to the net and jam for pucks, either.

Offensive talents aside, I've been very impressed with his compete level on the backcheck and in the defensive zone the last stretch of games. The kid just keeps improving, I love it.

The last thing we need is for Brunner to become a playmaker...we have too many of those already! He needs to more of a Cy Young winner than a playmaker. That pass he gave to Franzia, the one that Franzia love tapped and wondered why he couldn't score, Brunner would've buried it top shelf. People need to stop telling him to be a playmaker, he was brought here to score goals, not create them...

The last thing we need is for Brunner to become a playmaker...we have too many of those already! He needs to more of a Cy Young winner than a playmaker. That pass he gave to Franzia, the one that Franzia love tapped and wondered why he couldn't score, Brunner would've buried it top shelf. People need to stop telling him to be a playmaker, he was brought here to score goals, not create them...

By no means am I or anyone else calling for him to be more of a playmaker. He will always be a shoot-first guy, but when he was overseas he had much more to his game than just shooting and it's encouraging to see that starting to emerge here, along with his commitment to tightening up defensively. Being able to create along with Zetterberg is a huge bonus. We have enough one-dimensional players in Franzen and Samuelsson.

Disagree completely. Him making those great passes will open much more opportunities for him. I don't want him floating at the top of the circle like Ovechkin, Brunner has the capacity to be a very good complete player, and that's what he should focus on. The goals will follow, his line will have more offensive zone pressure, he'll have more odd man rushes etc.