• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#101 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Not trying to be a debby downer, but the topic has been discussed in already 2 other Brunner threads. Everyone knows we need to re-sign him asap, it would be a joke to allow the one pure goal-scorer this team has walk. Like previously said, I think he'll be worth 3.5-4m at this current moment. He's a rookie and still brand new to the league, we don't know how he's going to do within a 82-game season. The most he's traveled in Swiss was 4 hours, compared to the numerous flights he's going to be on. He could ask more later on, but ideally I think 2-3 years @ 3.5/4m. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#102 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

thanks for merging them!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#103 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,757 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

He'll get a 1 year around $2M....why? Because Holland will tell the agent "lets see what he does over an 82 game season and then we'll talk long term..."

Brunner has never played more than a 50 game season and it would be a big gamble to reward someone a large contract based on playing 48 games in the NHL...I know it's been done, and it just may happen, but I think they will agree on a raise for a year, then if he does net 40+ goals, go from there...

then again, you can flip the coin and Holland may want to give him a contract for about 4 years at a modest raise of around $3M-$4M, then if Brunner does put up 40 goals or more, he has him for a nice discount....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#104 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

He'll get a 1 year around $2M....why? Because Holland will tell the agent "lets see what he does over an 82 game season and then we'll talk long term..."

Brunner has never played more than a 50 game season and it would be a big gamble to reward someone a large contract based on playing 48 games in the NHL...I know it's been done, and it just may happen, but I think they will agree on a raise for a year, then if he does net 40+ goals, go from there...

then again, you can flip the coin and Holland may want to give him a contract for about 4 years at a modest raise of around $3M-$4M, then if Brunner does put up 40 goals or more, he has him for a nice discount....

While I partially agree with this sentiment you have to remember Brunner has already played 52 games between EV Zug and the wings, in another 29 games he will have played 81 games total. I agree EV Zug is not in a super physical or as fast of a league, but it will be a good indication of his stamina going forward

#105 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

This is real simple. Brunner = score goals. Is he scoring goals? Yes.

#106 Mater_Horn

Mater_Horn

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

This. Make it $2.2 - 2.8M.

Noone is going to offer 3.5M+ for a 3 year contract. Why?

a) his current goal scoring stats are overrated (a couple of goals were useless, a few could and would be scored by ANYone, 2-3 were good, but only 2-4 were great)

b) time will show how much of a defensive handicap he is for the team (e.g. the St. Louis game 10 days ago was just lost due to his turnovers)

And for Brunner, a 3.5M contract over 3 years is bad also, because what if he scores 45+ goals and 80+ pts over the next 2 seasons? He's too old to wait for a superb long-term contract in 4 years. Either he gets one in 1, at most 2 years, or he doesn't.

#107 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

a) his current goal scoring stats are overrated (a couple of goals were useless, a few could and would be scored by ANYone, 2-3 were good, but only 2-4 were great)

b) time will show how much of a defensive handicap he is for the team (e.g. the St. Louis game 10 days ago was just lost due to his turnovers)

And for Brunner, a 3.5M contract over 3 years is bad also, because what if he scores 45+ goals and 80+ pts over the next 2 seasons? He's too old to wait for a superb long-term contract in 4 years. Either he gets one in 1, at most 2 years, or he doesn't.

I agree, how could anyone coming from Europe making peanuts be able to survive on $3.5 million a year? I myself need at least $4 million just to make ends meat

#108 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

They don't ask how, they ask how many.  Phil Esposito scored a bazillion goals from within 2 feet of the goal that "anyone" could have scored.

And then Brunner's agent says "Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" :bye1:

Edited by Nev, 26 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#109 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

I agree, how could anyone coming from Europe making peanuts be able to survive on $3.5 million a year? I myself need at least $4 million just to make ends meat

lol, what? This topic isn't about Brunners living expenses.

I bet we lock him up in a 2 year contract, about 3.2 mil per.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 26 February 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#110 Mater_Horn

Mater_Horn

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

They don't ask how, they ask how many.  Phil Esposito scored a bazillion goals from within 2 feet of the goal that "anyone" could have scored.

And then Brunner's agent says "Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" :bye1:

Hahahaha. :yahoo: Thanks for this!

#111 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I would love to see a 3 year contract worth 2.5-3 with play off incentives
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#112 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,823 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Great shootout goal last night. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#113 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

The guy is a sniper another great find.  I dont think they expect him to grind it out in the corners.  Sure there will be an adjustment period and he will continue to improve. 

Right now looks like hes out there havin fun with his budy Z.  Sign him to a 3yr deal 3mil maybe even more it all depends how strong he finishes. 

Either way hes an improvement over Hudler and he even back checks.

#114 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

I agree, the kid's an ace.  He's a goal scorer and also someone who has a great vision.  The fact him and Z had the connection they did just shows what kind of kid he is imo.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#115 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Why would you want to underpay one of the most consistent players on our team?  3.5M is not a bad price.  How much does Fil make again?  I'm hoping for a 3 year deal.

...Sammy makes 3 mil for pete's sake!  :plain:  

If we get him in the 3 mil range that will be a complete steal if he plays with the same consistency he is now.  It's one thing to complain about overpaying players that don't deserve it, but this guy brings it every game.

Plus, you know Philly is going to offer him 7M if he's still unsigned but the summer. lol

I would love to see a 3 year contract worth 2.5-3 with play off incentives

This.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#116 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

play off incentives!

#117 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

i've noticed him working way harder on the defensive side of the puck too...awesome improvement in that area. Keep up the hard work Brunns you sick beauty!

#118 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

He's played 50 or more games in a season for the past 6 years. Unless you don't consider international games or playoff as important.
By the end of this year he will have played over 80 games this season. He's played nearly the most game of any wings this hockey season, but again, that's if you disvalue international and European leagues.

He's well worth it, this guy knows where to find the open ice, knows how to avoid hits, and loves to shoot. Sign him for 2.8-3.6 per season for 3-4 years.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#119 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Thing is his agent won't let him sign until right before the draft. The more games he plays the higher his price tag rises.

#120 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Thing is his agent won't let him sign until right before the draft. The more games he plays the higher his price tag rises.

So long as he doesnt get hurt. Id rather get a fair deal in place if I were him. Lots of danger in the NHL for speedy small forwards.