• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/3 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

Well, we got our point.

My analysis of this game is simple....

The Wings played average in the first half of the game and picked it up the second half of the game.

Its hard to win games when you only score one goal. After the Kings game where they went into the third period with a lead, you would think the Wings would have been able to capitalize, but no.

Jimmy played a great game today. He deserves a star for his efforts. Not bad for an "average" goalie.

Franzen didn't pick it up until the half way point of the game. He has to give a full 60 minute effort.

Overall, we earned what we got, which was a point.

Kane's shootout tactic is a perfect example of why the shootout shouldn't be used to decide hockey games.

What? Skate slowly toward the goalie and score? No other player has the skill to do what Kane does thats for sure.

Edited by Nightfall

Lot of hurting people in here right now and it sucks that we lost late, but the way i see it, we wer elucky to get a point - we were outplayed in this game and we took some points - only 1 less then we might have had and noone is catchhing the hawks and to be honest who gives a s*** about the Hawks streak.

If they kepe it going into the playoff then i'll care, but in all likelihood it ends soon and they could fall of the rails.

Stupid Ericsson

Bad penalty but that goal is just as much on Quincey. You cant wind up for a full slapper in traffic on the PK.

Ahh the Kane slow to a stop and dangle like crazy shootout move... it should be illegal. SO lame

Why should it be illegal? The puck continues to move forward. Howard needs to be more aggressive when he slows like that. Force him to do something without any momentum.

Bad penalty but that goal is just as much on Quincey. You cant wind up for a full slapper in traffic on the PK.

Why should it be illegal? The puck continues to move forward. Howard needs to be more aggressive when he slows like that. Force him to do something without any momentum.

Lashoff also standing and watching. Both played a great game anyways

Still waiting for a full 60 mins.... Hell a full 60 minutes from this team would have me thinking we could actually make a cup run.

if hawks are best in nhl.... We are in a really good spot, honestly we have had them beat both times this year.

No worris from this fan... Disappointed yes but no worries once we put the puzzle of a full 60 together.

im sure hossa would have tied it up under a minute if ericsson didnt take the penalty

I agree. That game could have went either way. The Wings scored 1 goal, and trying to win by scoring only one goal is very rare indeed. If Ericsson didn't take the penalty, it could have come a variety of other ways. The point is that its dangerous to play defensive in hockey and protect a 1 goal lead.

Exactly - he has a stick, he should have poke checked him.

What? Skate slowly toward the goalie and score? No other player has the skill to do what Kane does thats for sure.

I'm not sure what your point is in regards to my post. I wasn't questioning Kane's skill. He takes the rules to the limit and uses his skill to score.

When in a hockey game would you be able to come to an almost complete stop for that much time to make that many moves? Never. Someone would bury you.

My point was using an artificially constructed event to decide a hockey game, and Kane's near stops highlights the absurdity of it.

I agree. That game could have went either way. The Wings scored 1 goal, and trying to win by scoring only one goal is very rare indeed. If Ericsson didn't take the penalty, it could have come a variety of other ways. The point is that its dangerous to play defensive in hockey and protect a 1 goal lead.

Detroit didn't play defensive hockey. Just couldn't bury their chances, that's all.

Defensive hockey would be like playing the trap.

I shouldnt need to explain why the kane shootout move should be disqualified

I would like to hear an explanation. Its not against the rules. Oh, and he is the only guy that does it because he has the skill to do it. Why can't Dats do what Kane does? He probably could because he has the skill to do it.

In 2 games the hawks, the best in the league, have scored 2 goals on us in regulation - that is pretty good in my books.

I just want the wings to be able to do that against the crap teams like oclumbus, dropping those games or not showing up is what kills me in those.