• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/13 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Flames 5

Rate this topic

switched the flip off early, got lazy and gave up a bunch of easy goals to a bad team

So...the usual? I can't let this get me down, teams win and lose, but the patterns of behavior that they've been showing the past two and a half seasons are disturbing to say the least. Something has to be done. How many "last chances" will some guys get?

So...the usual? I can't let this get me down, teams win and lose, but the patterns of behavior that they've been showing the past two and a half seasons are disturbing to say the least. Something has to be done. How many "last chances" will some guys get?

Players are not held accountable for their play. It all starts from that.

Guest irishock

Franzen can go, tired of that guy.

You think? Holland isn't trading or amnestying this guy. He chose him over Hossa once, he'll choose him over nothing. I'm prepared for Franzen until 2019.

Players are not held accountable for their play. It all starts from that.

This. Babcock's constant coddling of the vets and restraint of the young players is getting very frustrating. Also, I still cannot believe that Justin Abdelkader is on a line with Pavel Datsyuk and well, the list could go on. Trying to force square pegs into round holes still doesn't work Babs, shoulda learned that in kindergarten.

You think? Holland isn't trading or amnestying this guy. He chose him over Hossa once, he'll choose him over nothing. I'm prepared for Franzen until 2019.

Terrible thought, even though you're probably right. I am so done with him.

What this thread was missing was this:

JIMMAH!

or

HOWIE!

or

J Ho!

You get the point...I don't this the defense really played that bad, or outside there normal selves.. The horrible defensive break downs were always there. We just had the wrong goalie back there. The limited Calgary to 19 shots...heh.

Gus needs to step it up. I'd hate to see Jimmy ran into the ground, yet again, this year.

Edited by Dynheart

Well it is upsetting that the Wings lost this game because they played with intensity, but made dumb errors. But the loss highlights more than that. Ever since that Vancouver game, the Wings have had trouble scoring more than two goals in a game, and virtually none of the big guys have been scoring. What has Mike Babcock done in this time? Only kept the top two lines pretty much the same. Hank/ Brunner is not working anymore! Franzen and Abdelkator are doing nothing with Pavel! But Babcock continues to keep his lines.

In my opinion, if Babcock continues to stick with these same lines, when they are CLEARLY not working, then he should be fired. It is ridiculous. I don't care how successful he is as a coach, he is not doing his job right now by keeping these lines when they clearly have not been working the past dozen games.

It's not just a matter of getting the young kids in there, though. We've got Smith, Lashoff, Tatar, Nyquist and Andersson all in the lineup. That's probably too many young kids. You generally want to slowly incorporate your rookies into the lineup.

To make matters worse, our vets are making boneheaded defensive plays and don't seem to have that killer scoring instinct.

I'm beginning to think switching players might not be a bad idea. Even if the trades are lateral moves, getting fresh faces in here might chance the level of heart the team shows.

Knee-jerk message board reaction aside it's starting to get ridiculously comically that Abby continues to be on the 2nd-line without any production while our best player on the team is frozen cold because of it. I'm not sure how he doesn't see it, he has to, but why is he so god damn stubborn? Maybe he's sticking it to Holland for not getting him enough top 6 talent. :confused1:

And how does Franzen get away with 5% effort every night? Where's the accountability? Yeah he's got the best shot on the team and we desperately need offense, still no excuse. You can count on Franzen to cough up 4-5 pucks in the neutral zone every game.

Edited by Number19

This. Babcock's constant coddling of the vets and restraint of the young players is getting very frustrating. Also, I still cannot believe that Justin Abdelkader is on a line with Pavel Datsyuk and well, the list could go on. Trying to force square pegs into round holes still doesn't work Babs, shoulda learned that in kindergarten.

I didn't watch the 2 Blue Jacket games, but I'm still trying to figure out why Tatar was sent down :nono:

Abdelkader needs to be traded

At this point I don't think we'd get anything. At the very least bench him or send him down to Grand Rapids. This isn't Kris Draper, the guy has done nothing to deserve a secured spot on the roster when you've played like s*** for 20 games straight.

It's not just a matter of getting the young kids in there, though. We've got Smith, Lashoff, Tatar, Nyquist and Andersson all in the lineup. That's probably too many young kids. You generally want to slowly incorporate your rookies into the lineup.

To make matters worse, our vets are making boneheaded defensive plays and don't seem to have that killer scoring instinct.

I'm beginning to think switching players might not be a bad idea. Even if the trades are lateral moves, getting fresh faces in here might chance the level of heart the team shows.

i been saying this since last year they should of brought in nyquist and/tatar last year along with smith to learn from lidstrom and bring in a few rookies every year so they gradually mix into the lineup and learn from the vets but of course we love our veterans so much

and we got guys like sheahan,jarnkrok,ferraro who are 2 years away thats why i got a feeling nyquist will be dealt soon for a defensemen

Abdelkader needs to be traded

he just turned 26 im not wiling to give up on him just yet ... he belongs in the bottom 2 lines though i dont know why babcock keeps putting him up in the top 2 its really annoying

i remember abdelkader having good chemistry together so maybe when helm returns theyll be reunited

Well it is upsetting that the Wings lost this game because they played with intensity, but made dumb errors. But the loss highlights more than that. Ever since that Vancouver game, the Wings have had trouble scoring more than two goals in a game, and virtually none of the big guys have been scoring. What has Mike Babcock done in this time? Only kept the top two lines pretty much the same. Hank/ Brunner is not working anymore! Franzen and Abdelkator are doing nothing with Pavel! But Babcock continues to keep his lines.

In my opinion, if Babcock continues to stick with these same lines, when they are CLEARLY not working, then he should be fired. It is ridiculous. I don't care how successful he is as a coach, he is not doing his job right now by keeping these lines when they clearly have not been working the past dozen games.

You're exaggerating a little ("have not been working the past dozen games").

Time for a change (again). Agreed. But Babcock's job isn't easy, with all the injured players coming back and lines that don't work. One problem is that there's almost no time for a new line to adjust to each other.