• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#61 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

I am a verified source at HF Boards, you may want to check again.

What happened this morning then?

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#62 IwoCPO

IwoCPO

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

he cares about it so little that he signed up for hfboards today to defend his honor!

LOL

As opposed to what? You guys were ripping the site so why shouldn't I jump in and defend it?  I'm definitely not above a little message board give and take.  

#63 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

This isn't a charity. It's a business. And if they can sell a guy and get a return on him instead of just giving him away to the KHL or FA then they will. 

No s*** it's not a charity. You don't shop a star unless he's already told the team that he's not returning after the season, and that the current squad has no chance for a cup. If Kenny strikes a #1 D and a sniper, the Wings are right back in the hunt for the Stanley Cup. I rather go all in for the 2014 cup than get low value for a guy who everyone knows will not stay in the NHL after the season.

Edited by irishock, 14 March 2013 - 10:37 PM.

bringit.jpg

#64 xault

xault

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I mostly just read the forums, I never really post. But why in the world can't the Red Wings find a real top 6 wing to play with Datz??? I mean the guy even ask for it pretty much, along with Babs calling it out last season play-offs. You would think that most free agents or anyone would jump at the chance to play on the wing with Datz. Every night I see Abs and Cleary line up along the side of Datz, my brain breaks. The Wings have had like 3-4 Seasons now to find him anything better then Cleary or Abs, it really shouldn't be that hard. This almost reminds me of the Flames with Ignila, which is another sad story. The Wings found someone to play with Z its overdue to find someone to play with Datz. I also feel if the Wings have any chance of keeping him longer then next year they gotta make this happen now rather then later. But in the end I guess the Wings have had 3-4 seasons to get a lot of things done but haven't. The way they been playing I can say for sure right now without Datz, you'll see even fewer people at the "sold out Joe Louis Arena". This has me feeling pretty down when I watch the Wings play to tell the truth. Anyways sorry If I went off topic.

#65 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'll agree that the part about Babcock's complete ineptitude and borderline drunken judgment calls to keep Abdelkader and Cleary on a line with Datsyuk as being reasons for his departure? That's speculation on my part.  Guaranteed.  The part about him leaving after his contract expires?  That is not and it's been verified.

Edit: when I say "verified" I mean we went back to the person who gave us that information and asked if he was comfortable with us using it.

Oh so he's comfortable letting you use the info... as long as you don't reveal who said it. Sounds like a reliable source to me (SARCASM) Seriously are you joking? My respect for KK just dropped immensely 

Edited by number9, 14 March 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#66 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Datsyuk for Semin!!!!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#67 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Detroit will be screwed once Datsyuk leaves. The Wings have the system right now to win a cup. They have lots of prospects, cap space, and the core to make it happen either this year or next year. Holland is too scared to make any moves, he seems pretty content with the way things have gone the last 3 years. Babcock is losing is marbles and making terrible decisions. The problem with the Wings right now is coaching and management.

If Holland would make the changes needed, and Babcock would read the writing on the wall that multiple players are USELESS, this would be a different team.

#68 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

Datsyuk for Semin!!!!

esteef

Thems riot starting words sir.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#69 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

I mostly just read the forums, I never really post. But why in the world can't the Red Wings find a real top 6 wing to play with Datz??? I mean the guy even ask for it pretty much, along with Babs calling it out last season play-offs. You would think that most free agents or anyone would jump at the chance to play on the wing with Datz. Every night I see Abs and Cleary line up along the side of Datz, my brain breaks. The Wings have had like 3-4 Seasons now to find him anything better then Cleary or Abs, it really shouldn't be that hard. This almost reminds me of the Flames with Ignila, which is another sad story. The Wings found someone to play with Z its overdue to find someone to play with Datz. I also feel if the Wings have any chance of keeping him longer then next year they gotta make this happen now rather then later. But in the end I guess the Wings have had 3-4 seasons to get a lot of things done but haven't. The way they been playing I can say for sure right now without Datz, you'll see even fewer people at the "sold out Joe Louis Arena". This has me feeling pretty down when I watch the Wings play to tell the truth. Anyways sorry If I went off topic.

You act like he's been playing with Abby and Cleary for years, it was a handful games while some guys were injured. Over the last few years he's typically had players like Zetterberg, Franzen, Hudler, Filppula, Bertuzzi, and Holmstrom. None of them were bad.

The idea that Pav would consider his linemates for one short stretch of season in his decision-making is beyond preposterous. I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't want to stick around for a rebuild when he won't likely last long enough to enjoy its fruits, but I'd be shocked to learn that he's such a diva that he'd be particularly concerned about his linemates for a dozen or so games.

#70 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

Datsyuk for Semin!!!!

esteef

LOL

#71 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

If this is true I find it very depressing.  I just hope the Wings can convince Datsyuk to stay until he's 40.

One more thing: this rumour was pretty prevalent coming out of the lock-out based on how much Dats said he enjoyed his experience in the KHL.  I'm hoping the time he spends back in Detroit and the NHL reminds him how much he loves this league.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#72 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

I've been blogging for 8 years...

Sorry, but I read: I've been publishing my opinion for 8 years.

I don't doubt that Pavel MAY leave after his contract is over, but some of the reasons given are a bit suspect (East is scary, etc.) We've known that to be a big possibility for about 2 years now. That doesn't make any of us an expert nor should it be presented as fact.

As opposed to what? You guys were ripping the site so why shouldn't I jump in and defend it?  I'm definitely not above a little message board give and take.  

Thank god. A great blogger willing to interact with we, the unwashed.

#73 rw1

rw1

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

What happened this morning then?

Ask them.

#74 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

I say don't shop him. Let him leave the NHL as a Wing.

I would almost rather not get anything for him than trade him and watch him suit up for another team. I'm sure he'd command the moon but I never want to see him in another jersey.

#75 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,426 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

On 97.1 the ticket, they are talking about Datsyuk leaving soon, apparently a "source close to detroit" is saying that. Until #13 confirms it, it's still a rumour

#76 IwoCPO

IwoCPO

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Sorry, but I read: I've been publishing my opinion for 8 years.

Thank god. A great blogger willing to interact with we, the unwashed.

No need to apologize. I have a lot of opinions and I know how to type.

I wouldn't say "great."  I'd go with...seasoned and eloquent. Gifted, maybe?  No. Too strong.  Just stick with great, I guess.  You're welcome for the interaction.  I had a few moments to spare.  Can you get a screen shot of our conversation? Post it here, I'll print it and sign it for you, then send it back.  You'll have it forever.

#77 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Do we have important people posting in here now? Did I ever tell you guys about the time that I wrote for Hockey's Future...?

On topic, I feel like he's all but gone. As someone mentioned, when's the last time we heard a funny quip/quote from Dats? It feels like he's already got a foot out the door. Without signing Flip (who wants 5 mil???), we're going to have a big void at the C position.

#78 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Ultimately, I think a playoff run & one year of Datsyuk is the best trade chip that Holland has at his disposal right now if he wants to use it.  If Paul Gaustad was worth a 1st round pick as simply a playoff rental, Pavel is worth that & much more.  The Wings probably wouldn't get a top line scorer or #1 d-man back in the trade but who knows, maybe Anaheim (knowing they aren't going resign him) do a sign & trade with Corey Perry for example.  At the very least though the Wings would get a good package of picks, prospects, and/or developing talent already in the NHL in order to restock the shelves so to speak.  There simply isn't a single player in the organization now that would bring back as much value as Datsyuk would at this moment in my opinion, even with just a year & a half to go in the NHL if he truly does head back to Russia after next season.

In my mind, it comes down to what's more valuable: One last season with Datsyuk & then losing him for nothing or in essence selling off that year to bring in talent for years to come.

i cant even read these posts lol, like are u kidding me

Edited by mjtm77, 15 March 2013 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

#79 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

On 97.1 the ticket, they are talking about Datsyuk leaving soon, apparently a "source close to detroit" is saying that. Until #13 confirms it, it's still a rumour

I wouldn't worry about anything coming from 97.1. Literally you, myself, and anyone who reads this message board and/or HFboards knows more about hockey than those dolts.

Aside fromt that, all they're really doing is reiterating the Kukla's Korner article. No new information.

#80 Osgood4President

Osgood4President

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Do we have important people posting in here now? Did I ever tell you guys about the time that I wrote for Hockey's Future...?

On topic, I feel like he's all but gone. As someone mentioned, when's the last time we heard a funny quip/quote from Dats? It feels like he's already got a foot out the door. Without signing Flip (who wants 5 mil???), we're going to have a big void at the C position.

Yesterday: "EDMONTON, Alberta -- Pavel Datsyuk joked that the zero-degree weather that greeted the Detroit Red Wings today in Edmonton "is like summer in Russia.""

http://www.freep.com/article/20130314/SPORTS05/130314055/nhl-realignment-detroit-red-wings