• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xBflinker

Datsyuk Leaving?!

Rate this topic

Sorry, but I read: I've been publishing my opinion for 8 years.

Thank god. A great blogger willing to interact with we, the unwashed.

No need to apologize. I have a lot of opinions and I know how to type.

I wouldn't say "great." I'd go with...seasoned and eloquent. Gifted, maybe? No. Too strong. Just stick with great, I guess. You're welcome for the interaction. I had a few moments to spare. Can you get a screen shot of our conversation? Post it here, I'll print it and sign it for you, then send it back. You'll have it forever.

Do we have important people posting in here now? Did I ever tell you guys about the time that I wrote for Hockey's Future...?

On topic, I feel like he's all but gone. As someone mentioned, when's the last time we heard a funny quip/quote from Dats? It feels like he's already got a foot out the door. Without signing Flip (who wants 5 mil???), we're going to have a big void at the C position.

Guest mjtm77

Ultimately, I think a playoff run & one year of Datsyuk is the best trade chip that Holland has at his disposal right now if he wants to use it. If Paul Gaustad was worth a 1st round pick as simply a playoff rental, Pavel is worth that & much more. The Wings probably wouldn't get a top line scorer or #1 d-man back in the trade but who knows, maybe Anaheim (knowing they aren't going resign him) do a sign & trade with Corey Perry for example. At the very least though the Wings would get a good package of picks, prospects, and/or developing talent already in the NHL in order to restock the shelves so to speak. There simply isn't a single player in the organization now that would bring back as much value as Datsyuk would at this moment in my opinion, even with just a year & a half to go in the NHL if he truly does head back to Russia after next season.

In my mind, it comes down to what's more valuable: One last season with Datsyuk & then losing him for nothing or in essence selling off that year to bring in talent for years to come.

i cant even read these posts lol, like are u kidding me

Edited by mjtm77

On 97.1 the ticket, they are talking about Datsyuk leaving soon, apparently a "source close to detroit" is saying that. Until #13 confirms it, it's still a rumour

I wouldn't worry about anything coming from 97.1. Literally you, myself, and anyone who reads this message board and/or HFboards knows more about hockey than those dolts.

Aside fromt that, all they're really doing is reiterating the Kukla's Korner article. No new information.

Do we have important people posting in here now? Did I ever tell you guys about the time that I wrote for Hockey's Future...?

On topic, I feel like he's all but gone. As someone mentioned, when's the last time we heard a funny quip/quote from Dats? It feels like he's already got a foot out the door. Without signing Flip (who wants 5 mil???), we're going to have a big void at the C position.

Yesterday: "EDMONTON, Alberta -- Pavel Datsyuk joked that the zero-degree weather that greeted the Detroit Red Wings today in Edmonton "is like summer in Russia.""

http://www.freep.com/article/20130314/SPORTS05/130314055/nhl-realignment-detroit-red-wings

I don't see a reason not to buy it. It fits with everything Datsyuk has always said. We all knew he'd be leaving sooner rather than later. We can argue if it's one more season or two, but the fact is, time is running out and we have no Datsyuk replacement in the system.

Whether the article is totally factual or not, there is more than a grain of truth in it. Because of that, the message cannot be totally brushed off. I think with something like this, we all respond to it with some of our own identity and personality. I.E., what would WE do if we were Pavel?

I would die a little if he left because it would be hurtful on more than one level. I would find it really, really difficult for me to not hate Babcock/Holland for not being more flexible with personnel. Especially Babcock at this point. That is ONE thing that can be changed right now.

I want to add something else while I'm here editing. It isn't like CPO needs my support. But he did explain very calmly and logically how their system works. And some of your responses border on ignorance and arrogance and show vey little historical perspective about Kukla's column. Personally, they're one of the first I go to when I want what's even CLOSE to factual information. You don't like what CPO says? Fine. Just show a little maturity and intelligence when you respond to him.

Guest DeGraa55

And some idiot a still think we shouldnnt trade him and let him walk for free. He is right though. This team as it stands will be abused in the east.

Soory y'all... I didn't read the whole post so if someone else asked about this forgive me. With this teams up and down play and so many holes to fill and the fact that Datsyuk might be calling it quits soon anyway maybe now would be the time to trade him and get some high end picks or prospects in return to help with the futrue? I dont want to see this happen but it could be usefull.

I have a source at bell that says dats will re-tire at the end of the season. Going with less aggressive tred for spring.

Edit for spelling and grammar

Edited by saven

I have a source at bell that says dats will re-tire at the end of the season. Going with less aggressive tred for spring.

Edit for spelling and grammar

I have a source that says you're making crap up.

Whether the article is totally factual or not, there is more than a grain of truth in it. Because of that, the message cannot be totally brushed off. I think with something like this, we all respond to it with some of our own identity and personality. I.E., what would WE do if we were Pavel?

I would die a little if he left because it would be hurtful on more than one level. I would find it really, really difficult for me to not hate Babcock/Holland for not being more flexible with personnel. Especially Babcock at this point. That is ONE thing that can be changed right now.

I want to add something else while I'm here editing. It isn't like CPO needs my support. But he did explain very calmly and logically how their system works. And some of your responses border on ignorance and arrogance and show vey little historical perspective about Kukla's column. Personally, they're one of the first I go to when I want what's even CLOSE to factual information. You don't like what CPO says? Fine. Just show a little maturity and intelligence when you respond to him.

I kind of wonder if Babcock is dog housing him a bit BECAUSE they know he's leaving. I highly doubt it, because it's basically sabotaging the team, but...

In terms of the red text, can we be "intelligent" and immature? I still feel like sarcasm has its place on the internet.

I don't act like anything. Simply said what I believe is the true. I give you Babs has put Z and Datz on the same line but how long does that last? Here's pretty much what has happen the last 3 seasons, first its one or two games, then 5-10mins of ice time, then powerplay. That's pretty much the role of if. Most of the time Bert and Mule played with Z. Or Bert plays with Helm. Our best line in the last few playoffs have been Bert / Z / Mule. So they left Datz with Flip and Happy / Cleary. And as for Homer... Last two years his ice time drop to pretty much just powerplay. Also, Babs said Datz can't do it alone vs Nsh and we need another top 6 player. I'm sorry but I don't see how Happy is any better then Cleary. As for Flip I just don't think hes the kind of wing Datz needs. And rather you like it or not Datz does care who he plays with, he has ask for another Russian player to play with for the past 2 years. So what now, once Bertz back he'll get Clearly and Bertz, wooohoo what a upgrade.......or wait maybe we can count on SAMUELSSON.

Edited by xault

A buddy of mine in Edmonton just texted me that Datz had a piece of key lime pie for lunch.....does anyone know what that means?

IIRC, I read somewhere that if Dats eats pie as a pregame meal, he probably wants to be traded to Florida!!!

Until they make Nyquist a centremen to make up the 3rd line next year with Tatar and Andersson? I smell that coming for some reason.

Until they make Nyquist a centremen to make up the 3rd line next year with Tatar and Andersson? I smell that coming for some reason.

The possibility of Nyquist at center popped into my head, but I'm not sure they'll go that route unless they really have to. He played some center in Maine, if I'm not mistaken.

Though, TBH, I'm not even sure Nyquist will be on the Wings next season. I see Cleary and Miller leave, and Tatar and Andersson taking their spots. I think the season after, with Bert and Sammy leaving, is when Nyquist will be on the team permanently.

The possibility of Nyquist at center popped into my head, but I'm not sure they'll go that route unless they really have to. He played some center in Maine, if I'm not mistaken.

Though, TBH, I'm not even sure Nyquist will be on the Wings next season. I see Cleary and Miller leave, and Tatar and Andersson taking their spots. I think the season after, with Bert and Sammy leaving, is when Nyquist will be on the team permanently.

He's got his shot rigt now. I have a feeling that if he doesn't sjow he can be NHL ready rifht now that he may be trade bait for a team who needs a playmaker

I think its a definite possibility but I disagree with the reasoning suggested in the blog.

I highly doubt playing in the East has anything to do with his decision. If that were the case he'd probably wait until they actually played there before claiming its too physical for him.

I think if there is anything driving him to go back to Russia it would be his daughter. If that's the case and he just wants to be closer to his family I can't hold it against him and I wish him nothing but the best in Russia.

I kind of wonder if Babcock is dog housing him a bit BECAUSE they know he's leaving. I highly doubt it, because it's basically sabotaging the team, but...

In terms of the red text, can we be "intelligent" and immature? I still feel like sarcasm has its place on the internet.

I hope you're wrong about Babcock, but personally, I don't trust him all that much right now.

As for the "intelligent and immature", Oh heck yeah, it's possible, far as I'm concerned. When it comes to people, "immature" is mostly considered a negative word (whether it should be or not). Just sayin' both traits can be misused and be hurtful. As for the sarcasm thing, I also agree. That's one of the things I've always liked about IWO's stuff. But I think his stuff is thoughtful and creative. Again, in my mind, it's when it gets personally derogatory and hurtful for no reason.

Guess I'm an idiot.

Me too. Are we related?

I don't care what we could get for him. He's given us enough years, thrills, goals, and fun sound bites that the man deserves to go out as he pleases.

Even if he's cool with a trade, I don't want another team to have his talent against us.

Not to mention that I don't want another team getting him and then we lose to them in the first round, which would be our luck.