• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

beachwing

Wings Make Offer to Danny D!

Rate this topic

This was also just tweeted by McKenzie. "Some think top contenders for DeKeyser are DET, STL, ANA and EDM but multiple teams have high interest. PHI and OTT will be pushing hard too". Anaheim? Really? Hopefully we land him. I honestly don't know much about him because I really don't watch college hockey but he sounds pretty good.

Promising a rookie playing minutes is a very risky thing to do. If Babcock did this I would be shocked. My question is what is Detroit going to do with all of these players? Or if DD is picked up does that make Kindl available to trade?

This was also just tweeted by McKenzie. "Some think top contenders for DeKeyser are DET, STL, ANA and EDM but multiple teams have high interest. PHI and OTT will be pushing hard too". Anaheim? Really? Hopefully we land him. I honestly don't know much about him because I really don't watch college hockey but he sounds pretty good.

The Anaheim speculation is due to Burke trying to get him to Toronto last season & that he might be pushing for the Ducks to sign him now that he's scouting for them.

I will be super upset if he is not a Red Wing...I do not know what the decision is all about. The teams can offer him the exact same contract terms and offer him ice time. If he becomes something other than a Wing, my buddy and his girlfriend are going to have to remove me from their phones...I will be relentless in my dogging of his decision!

Out of the new list, I can see some possibilities.

Detroit - We already know all the reasons.

StL - I could have seen it, but last I remembered they didn't sign Jim Nill's son.

ANA - Brian Burke was heavily after him with Toronto. It is only fitting that he would now push for Anaheim to get him while working as a scout.

EDM - Long talented roster. He would fit in with the youngster group there. They have Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey making phone calls for them.

Nashville - One of his buddies from WMU got drafted to Nashville. He would be joining him. For the life of me... I can't remember which...

It's really surprising to see Tampa Bay dropping out of contenders for Danny from the looks of it. It would most likely hang on that they just secured Andrej Sustr, but I wouldn't imagine Stevie just dropping out of this race.

Also, from HFB where I got that list:

John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross 27s
I hear Detroit, Edmonton, Anaheim, St. Louis, Nashville are final 5 for Western Michigan's Dan DeKeyser. With fam in Michigan-Wings favorite

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames42s

#RedWings confident they are front-runners for UFA D Danny DeKeyser. Should know by mid-week if that's the case.

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames1m

UFA D Danny DeKeyser born in Macomb, went to De LaSalle HS. #RedWings can offer him top-4 minutes, PP time, opp. to play in front of family.

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Helene St. James‏@HeleneStJames42s

#RedWings confident they are front-runners for UFA D Danny DeKeyser. Should know by mid-week if that's the case.

Helene St. James‏@HeleneStJames1m

UFA D Danny DeKeyser born in Macomb, went to De LaSalle HS. #RedWings can offer him top-4 minutes, PP time, opp. to play in front of family.

and that should just about close things up in this race.... i hope... :{

Out of the new list, I can see some possibilities.

Detroit - We already know all the reasons.

StL - I could have seen it, but last I remembered they didn't sign Jim Nill's son.

ANA - Brian Burke was heavily after him with Toronto. It is only fitting that he would now push for Anaheim to get him while working as a scout.

EDM - Long talented roster. He would fit in with the youngster group there. They have Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey making phone calls for them.

Nashville - One of his buddies from WMU got drafted to Nashville. He would be joining him. For the life of me... I can't remember which...

It's really surprising to see Tampa Bay dropping out of contenders for Danny from the looks of it. It would most likely hang on that they just secured Andrej Sustr, but I wouldn't imagine Stevie just dropping out of this race.

Also, from HFB where I got that list:

We all know your sources are as reputable as Hudler's female friends...jk

Be hard to tell Gretzky and Coffey no...at least until you actually watch the Oilers play. I really hope him being from here makes this Parise/Suter 2.0 but we have the hometown advantage. We really can offer him top 4 minutes too, our D ain't nothing to write home about.

Edited by achildr1

Guest mjtm77

can somebody give me there best anology of this guy as a player. I dont know much about him. who does he play like?/ whats his style. how good is he? and what is his potentiall? i know its hard to give an answer but just rough outline would be cool.

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames42s

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames1m

Encouraging news here...nice to see that the news I got from my buddy that Babcock said he has a spot seems to be true...Top 4 minutes sounds like a good deal for him!

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Dekeyser

Kindl - Lashoff

(White/Cola/Huskins)

Top 4 minutes, PP time, Play in front of family...same amount of money and years that anyone else can offer....no brainer. But Damn! This whole process just drives me nuts!

I know other teams like Anaheim and St. Louis have probably a better chance at winning a Cup this year, but its not like (if the Wings make the right deadline and off season moves) the Wings won't have an opportunity soon to win one either. Get him here for the two year max deal and then get him re-signed long term after that! He will be top 4 here for a long LONG time! Yes, maybe not this season or next, but it does make Kindl tradable...Then again, with White and Huskins UFA's and Q to be healthy by playoffs if not then next season, we would have a VERY solid D corps going forward with no need for changes for a long time...especially with the kids ready to step in GR.

Next Season:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Dekeyser

Quincey - Kindl

(Lashoff/Cola)

...Ouelett, Sproul, Almqvist, Backman, DeHaas, Nicastro, McKee...I am sure I am forgetting others....We will be set for a long time on D and we can focus on getting a top 3 scorer here via UFA or trade and get Datsyuk signed for 4 more years...

can somebody give me there best anology of this guy as a player. I dont know much about him. who does he play like?/ whats his style. how good is he? and what is his potentiall? i know its hard to give an answer but just rough outline would be cool.

DeKeyser’s combination of size (6’3, 190 lbs), great feet and terrific shot has made NHL teams take notice. His skating is very good, but it is his footwork that separates DeKeyser from many collegiate defensemen and it’s really something to marvel at. He moves exceedingly well both in the defensive and offensive zones. The 10 or so pounds that he added over the summer has simply enhanced that attribute, making DeKeyser not only a stronger skater, but also heightening his fundamentally sound positional play as well. Where this is particularly evident is in his ability to contain players and limiting spaces on the ice.

Another attribute that has gotten the attention of NHL teams is DeKeyser’s shot. He possesses a very powerful and remarkably accurate shot. It isn’t often that his shots miss the net. While he can score goals himself, DeKeyser’s shots aren’t always to score but rather to create rebounds that can be difficult to control.

DeKeyser can be seen playing on the Broncos’ top defensive pairing, alongside junior Luke Witkowski (TB). He logs upwards of 25-30 minutes per game, playing in all situations. He has played in all 36 games for Western Michigan to date, posting 13 points (five goals, eight assists). DeKeyser’s plus-11 currently ranks third on the Broncos roster.

DeKeyser projects to be more of a two-way defenseman due to his great offensive ability and equally stellar defensive ability.

I hope this helps you out a bit, it's from the Hockey's Future website...that was from 2012.

Dan DeKeyser was the most coveted available collegiate free agent last season and that hasn’t changed this season. Among the teams heavily pursuing him are the Calgary Flames, the Detroit Red Wings and the Tampa Bay Lightning. DeKeyser opted to return to Western Michigan this season in large part due to the impending (and eventual) NHL lockout. His return has greatly benefited not only his Broncos team but his overall development, as well. To date, DeKeyser has played in 33 games, posting 15 points (two goals, 13 assists). He logs nearly 30 minutes of ice time per game playing alongside senior Luke Witkowski (TBL) as part of one of the nation’s most dominant defensive pairings.

The Clay Township, MI native has blossomed into one of college hockey’s top rearguards. And while he is a defensive defenseman, DeKeyser is by no means the stay-at-home type. He is very mobile, plays intelligently in all three zones, and can be seen jumping into plays when opportunities present themselves. At 6’3” and 198 pounds, DeKeyser has a good frame and one attribute that has had scouts clamoring to get glimpses of him is how well he uses that frame. DeKeyser uses his size, strength and tenacity quite effectively in wearing down opposing players and taking away time and space. This is particularly evident in his excellent play along the boards. DeKeyser is an agile skater with terrific feet and great balance. He moves equally well going north-south and east-west. His skating and feet also allow him to make smooth transitions and make the right plays. One attribute that sets DeKeyser apart from many other collegiate defensemen is his ability to control the tempo of the game. He sees the ice really well and possesses great hockey sense. His decision-making has continually improved with quicker and smarter reads and reactions. DeKeyser possesses a powerful shot and can get shots to the net. He has great hands and moves the puck exceedingly well, too.

This one s from just this month...

Edited by LeftWinger

Jim Nill's impression of DeKeyser:

“He's a character player, great family background, great size, range, moves the puck well, a very good skater for a big man,'' Nill said. “He's solid all-around defensively. Not a big point-producer. He knows the game well, plays within his limitations.

“He's hard to beat one-on-one because of his range, his reach and his skating ability.''

Hockeys Future:

With 30 NHL teams pursuing him, Dan DeKeyser has become the hottest commodity on the collegiate free agent market this season. And it’s not hard to see why. Two NHL teams that have shown some of the greatest interest in the Broncos rearguard are the Detroit Red Wingsand the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Clay Township, MI native began making a name for himself with Western Michigan last season as an excellent mobile, puck-moving defenseman. This season, he has taken his development to a whole new level and that has had NHL teams clamoring to get glimpses of him.

DeKeyser’s combination of size (6’3, 190 lbs), great feet and terrific shot has made NHL teams take notice. His skating is very good, but it is his footwork that separates DeKeyser from many collegiate defensemen and it’s really something to marvel at. He moves exceedingly well both in the defensive and offensive zones. The 10 or so pounds that he added over the summer has simply enhanced that attribute, making DeKeyser not only a stronger skater, but also heightening his fundamentally sound positional play as well. Where this is particularly evident is in his ability to contain players and limiting spaces on the ice.

Another attribute that has gotten the attention of NHL teams is DeKeyser’s shot. He possesses a very powerful and remarkably accurate shot. It isn’t often that his shots miss the net. While he can score goals himself, DeKeyser’s shots aren’t always to score but rather to create rebounds that can be difficult to control.

DeKeyser can be seen playing on the Broncos’ top defensive pairing, alongside junior Luke Witkowski (TB). He logs upwards of 25-30 minutes per game, playing in all situations. He has played in all 36 games for Western Michigan to date, posting 13 points (five goals, eight assists). DeKeyser’s plus-11 currently ranks third on the Broncos roster.

DeKeyser projects to be more of a two-way defenseman due to his great offensive ability and equally stellar defensive ability.

Although with the HF Analysis, I would say that his offensive side is not that stellar. He isn't known to being an offensive player, way more stay at home. His biggest quality would most likely be his smooth skating. For how big he is (6'3" ~210-200) he can really move smoothly around the ice. His skating used to be pretty... rough.. but he made some great improvements coming into his junior year.

We all know your sources are as reputable as Hudler's female friends...jk

Be hard to tell Gretzky and Coffey no...at least until you actually watch the Oilers play. I really hope him being from here makes this Parise/Suter 2.0 but we have the hometown advantage. We really can offer him top 4 minutes too, our D ain't nothing to write home about.

Yes, but it was probably also hard to tell Chris Chelios no as well, but Suter did. And Suter grew up knowing Chelios with his uncle playing with Chelly for a bit and both being Wisconsin Alum....I am sure Danny D can pass on Gretzky and Coffey. Both of whom, if asked, would have nothing but praise for the Red Wings organization. Coffey for obvious reason, and Gretzky has already said he think Zetterberg is the best player in the world...

Lets not get too sure about this until it happens. Detroit's future is f***knows, Edmontons is possible Dynasty.

Possible....they have a lot of young stars now, but soon enough they are going to have Cap issues. Hall and Eberle's $6M cap hit each kicks in next season. Gagne is an RFA, Paajarvi is an RFA...Yakopov, Hopkins and Schultz are all due up in 2 to 3 years as well and will ALL get raises upwards of $5M+...it's going to be tough to have the same team in two years as they do now...

Edited by LeftWinger

As Mentioned above this has the smell of a parise and Suter all over again...homeboys wanting to stay home to play.... Hope it turns out to be true!

Sidenote: its Sunny spring break and perfect beach day here in Destin coeds galore and im ocd about checking my phone every hour for updAtes about a college hockey player deciding to play for my beloved Wings!

Leftwinger....is the anticipation killing you?:):)

******* cracking up at you and feel your anxiety

thru your posts:)

As Mentioned above this has the smell of a parise and Suter all over again...homeboys wanting to stay home to play.... Hope it turns out to be true!

Sidenote: its Sunny spring break and perfect beach day here in Destin coeds galore and im ocd about checking my phone every hour for updAtes about a college hockey player deciding to play for my beloved Wings!

Leftwinger....is the anticipation killing you? :):)

******* cracking up at you and feel your anxiety

thru your posts:)

Yes it is! ARGH! But dude, sit back, enjoy the coeds! We aren't going anywhere! It's cold here in Michigan! Besides, if he waits until Wed to decide just think about all the "sites" you have missed looking at while having your face in the phone! :lol:

Yes it is! ARGH! But dude, sit back, enjoy the coeds! We aren't going anywhere! It's cold here in Michigan! Besides, if he waits until Wed to decide just think about all the "sites" you have missed looking at while having your face in the phone! :lol:

Good point....benefit of having a personal training biz on the beach is all the college bizness this time of year so I hate to rub it in but that view is pretty much my office the entire month of March:)

Thanks for reminding me whats important this Sunday afternoon:)

I think I read he'll be signing Wednesday but cant remmeber where I saw that now. It doesnt make me that nervous that hes taking some time to decide, his agency would make sure he does his due dilligence before making the biggest decision hes made in his life. I would say hes 90% Detroit right now, the fact that hes offered top 4 minutes in Detriot and PP time should seal the deal. The fact that in the past the wings didnt have room to make this kind of offer would worry me but now they can

I think I read he'll be signing Wednesday but cant remmeber where I saw that now. It doesnt make me that nervous that hes taking some time to decide, his agency would make sure he does his due dilligence before making the biggest decision hes made in his life. I would say hes 90% Detroit right now, the fact that hes offered top 4 minutes in Detriot and PP time should seal the deal. The fact that in the past the wings didnt have room to make this kind of offer would worry me but now they can

Exactly! This has a ton to do with why Detroit convinced him to go back to college for another year. Every analyst out there said he was ready last year to come out. So if Detroit were to be the front runner, they would have had to have a spot for him. Last season, they had ZERO spots available and this year they have top 4 minutes....Now, I know you cannot predict injuries, but I can imagine the conversation between Danny and the Wings brass included the fact that "next season we will not have Stuart and more than likely not have Lidstrom. Go back to school for another year, try to win that championship and then we'll have a spot for you next year..."

Think about it, even if they had landed Suter, they still lost both Lids and Staurt, had no idea that Kindl would mature so much (I know I didn't) and they also had to use Lashoff because of injuries....so even with Suter they knew that they would have a better chance at Danny this year than last, if NHL icetime was/is going to be the deciding factor...and the fact that Danny took their advice a went to College instead of just signing on with a NHL club for the icetime (which he could've gotten somewhere last year) proves to me that he is really REALLY interested in being a Detroit Red Wing and not just anywhere in the NHL...