• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

beachwing

Wings Make Offer to Danny D!

Rate this topic

Danny DeKeyser ‏@DeKeyser5 17 Dec

Feels good to be home. Yes I live north of Canada but love the #eastside #puremich
from Pearl Beach, MI

If Kenny can't get this done....lol...

Edited by evilmrt

This whole exercise is not about "driving up the value" on DeKeyser given that there are limits to the contract he can sign. It's all about giving him the chance to be "wined & dined" by the teams that want to show up to make their case. Call it the "Zach Parise Treatment" & it might be the only chance he has to go through a circus like this depending on how he actually pans out.

Personally, I don't buy into the Oilers being in the running let alone the front runner given that they're an absolute cluster-f*** of an organization. The reason they landed Schultz is because of his desire to play close to home. For all the vaunted young talent they have, they are nowhere close to putting it together before they have to start breaking the team apart because they can't afford everyone. They have 11 top 25 picks in their line-up right now & what do they have to show for it? What would the Wings have done with that opportunity? We all know what good organizations (think Blackhawks & Pens) did with opportunities like that. The Oil? Not...even...close. There's a much greater chance the Wings lose him to an Anaheim, Nashville, or St. Louis than Edmonton.

It's kind of at the point where everybody wants him and now I mostly want him just to say we won.

Sort of an "I don't know if I want him but I don't want anybody else to have him" ...my feelings towards this signing are starting to sound less hockey fan and more crazy ex-girlfriend.

It's not that people are over-rating him or calling him the next coming of Jesus. It's the fact that you can secure a potential top 3-5 defensive player for the price of FREE. You don't get top 4 defensemen growing on trees, none the less for the price of an ELC. That my friends, is why he is getting so much attention right now. No one thinks he is going to step in and give this team the push over the edge, but he certainly can help boost this blue line within the next 1-2 years.

It's not that people are over-rating him or calling him the next coming of Jesus. It's the fact that you can secure a potential top 3-5 defensive player for the price of FREE. You don't get top 4 defensemen growing on trees, none the less for the price of an ELC. That my friends, is why he is getting so much attention right now. No one thinks he is going to step in and give this team the push over the edge, but he certainly can help boost this blue line within the next 1-2 years.

Exactly. And you can chalk all the hype up to media boredom. I mean, hell, the trade deadline coverage on tsn alone is like a Wrestlemania broadcast,

Bugs me that people will be all over Holland if we don't get him. Google his name and the Red Wings are constantly mentioned. We've made it no secret we want him and if we don't get him you'd be an idiot to think Holland didn't offer everything he possibly could.

Guest Johnz96

I honestly believe there's quite a few of us here that see him as a top-notch NCAA player with potential to become a top 4 Dman at the NHL level.

Right now - if he were to don a Red Wings jersey, and step right into the line up - chances are he'd have some issues handling the bigger/stronger/faster players.

It's going to be a big adjustment for him to say the least

qm.gifhttp://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3tje8r/

It's kind of at the point where everybody wants him and now I mostly want him just to say we won.
Sort of an "I don't know if I want him but I don't want anybody else to have him" ...my feelings towards this signing are starting to sound less hockey fan and more crazy ex-girlfriend.

I have a bad feeling... like he will end up on a team like Edmonton, Pitts... I hope I'm wrong as we really need to upgrade our "D"...

If you creep his facebook like I did you will notice that everything is Detroit/Michigan. Heck his Idol is nick lidstrom. I really don't see him going anywhere else.

I hope I'm wrong as we really need to upgrade our "D"...

It might just be me, but I fail to see how a kid who has never faced NHL level talent is going to "upgrade" our "d"... We probably won't get him. I doubt that Holland and Babcock are going to guarantee him a spot in the top 6 after he signs.

It might just be me, but I fail to see how a kid who has never faced NHL level talent is going to "upgrade" our "d"... We probably won't get him. I doubt that Holland and Babcock are going to guarantee him a spot in the top 6 after he signs.

While I agree that the guy is being severely overrated, I wouldn't rule out Holland and co. promising him a spot in the line-up. They may be a little desperate after failing to land a big name FA, and I could see him being slotted in the line-up over guys like White and Colaiacovo.

I think, at the very least, they'll offer him a spot and tell him it's his to lose. If he fails to impress, they send him to GR for the remainder of the season. I guess that could be the difference between signing here and somewhere like Edmonton (where he could very well jump into the top 4 without question).

He isn't expected to start making announcements until at earliest tomorrow is from what i've heard. The timeline has been around Wednesday-Thursday'ish with the possibility of a Friday announcement (unlikely). It seems like he got to field all his offers today, will most likely spend tonight and tomorrow looking over them and deciding with his agent and then a late announcement Wednesday night or Thursday morning. If it's a real hard choice, it will most likely be Thursday night - Friday morning.

If you creep his facebook like I did you will notice that everything is Detroit/Michigan. Heck his Idol is nick lidstrom. I really don't see him going anywhere else.

I really hope that you are right.

Did you expected that Lashoff would be upgrade over Quincey, Huskins, Kindl, White...????