We've realized this for months...but he wont trade top pick lol

#3 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

We've realized this for months...but he wont trade top pick lol

He did last year, and that was only for Quincey. I can see him using it to land an even bigger piece.

#4 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thx, Kenny! You're on the right way. If he adds a right handed sniper and Yandle, plus recall Tatar it could be a successfully season in the end...

#5 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Kenny just can't win with some of you lol. I don't agree with everything he does (which know one actually cares), but this is a good news ladies and gents. A) he realizes we need two top players. B) he just isn't going to throw away our 1st pick in this deep draft.

#6 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Kenny just can't win with some of you lol. I don't agree with everything he does (which know one actually cares), but this is a good news ladies and gents. A) he realizes we need two top players. B) he just isn't going to throw away our 1st pick in this deep draft.

I'm all for trading a first rounder. And I don't mind Quincey but Quincey isnt worth a first rounder.

If you trade your first you best get a young star in the making. A Ryan or o Reilly type. Not a depth guy...

#7 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

If it is for Byfuglien or Bogosian I don't mind trading a 1st/Ouellet/Nyquist

Other than that - KEEP the 1st
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#8 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm all for trading a first rounder. And I don't mind Quincey but Quincey isnt worth a first rounder.

If you trade your first you best get a young star in the making. A Ryan or o Reilly type. Not a depth guy...

No disagreements here. I don't see Ryan being available until this summer. O'Reilly would have to be done in a 3 team deal. Colorado won't deal with us even though the rivalry is over and they suck.

#9 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

No disagreements here. I don't see Ryan being available until this summer. O'Reilly would have to be done in a 3 team deal. Colorado won't deal with us even though the rivalry is over and they suck.

Well I would like either one but its just an example. IDC who it is just one of these type of players.

#10 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

If it is for Byfuglien or Bogosian I don't mind trading a 1st/Ouellet/Nyquist

Other than that - KEEP the 1st

No to Byfuglien, hes not a top D-man that the Wings need, and that would be a gross overpayment for him.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#11 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Well I would like either one but its just an example. IDC who it is just one of these type of players.

I smelled what you were stepping in, and I agree with your point...

#12 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I wanted him fired yesterday because I didn't think he thought if change. I can see now he knows this team has to change. The days of pretty passes are over. Get to the net drive the net and fight for every inch.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

ESPN reporting that Buffalo is actively shopping Jason Pominville, including asking him to provide a list of teams he will not accept a trade to.  I hope that this helps drive down prices, at least temporarily, for goal scorers.  Definitely could tip the scales on a Gaborik trade a little in our favor by having another top flight scorer available. 

Pominville is currently on a 5.3 million dollar contract which expires after next season.

Edited by kipwinger, 01 April 2013 - 04:35 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#14 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,073 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Purely speculation on my behalf but I saw a tweet earlier today about Jason Pominville (BUF) being asked for a list of 8 teams he wouldn't be traded too. Now Kenny comes out saying he'd have interest in a top 6 forward. I remember Kenny and Darcy Regier being pretty good buddies.. :ninja: All in all good to hear Kenny saying something other then "we like our team". Now we'll see if anything goes down on Wednesday.

#NOMOREKINDL

#15 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

April Fools'? I'm surprised Holland is actually admitting we need top six talent. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he can add something for the right price.

#16 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Well apparently we're still in on Bouwmeester, so that's probably what he's talking about. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#17 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

I actually see Pominville as a viable trade option. Seems like the type of deal Holland would make and he has a history with Regier in Buffalo.

Pominville would be a serious upgrade to the top-six wingers. Would like someone with more size ideally, but Pominville is durable and a consistent point producer.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#18 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

I am going to be honest...  I thought this was a April Fools joke.

#19 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Well apparently we're still in on Bouwmeester, so that's probably what he's talking about. 

I truly hope not.  That's all we need is another big Dman that doesn't hit.  There's a reason he's the NHL's iron man, he's softer than melting butter.  And his contract is terrible.  I'd be ok with Pominville, but the one thing I'm wondering is if Flip wants 5 mil per, are we gonna let him walk and get nothing?  I think Kenny's priority should be getting a 1st rounder for Flip and sending him to whoever wants him for that price, and Anaheim would be my guess cause he's buddies with Selanne and could help the Ducks out a lot.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#20 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Would Regier trade with Kenny, seeing as they are going to be division rivals next year?
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"